DCL to get rid of Placeholder Booking Perks?

We were Gold at the time of our second Panama Canal Cruise, and it seemed like the Platinums took FOREVER to board because there were so many of them. I laughed and told DH it was like clowns that kept coming out of the clown car. So next May (Hawaii Cruise) I will be another one of the "clowns!" :rotfl2:
We are Gold and planning to arrive a bit later in the process for this exact reason. No need to be first at port when there are that many Platinum cruisers on the ship. Even if we are group 2, it's not like we are going to getting on quickly. Though I suspect we might use the first time cruiser lines like we have in the past because I suspect they will be shorter on this cruise.

We were Gold at the time of our second Panama Canal Cruise, and it seemed like the Platinums took FOREVER to board because there were so many of them. I laughed and told DH it was like clowns that kept coming out of the clown car. So next May (Hawaii Cruise) I will be another one of the "clowns!" :rotfl2:
We were sitting over on the Platinum area couches when they called boarding and it took us over 5 minutes to get through the ears. Scads. :)

The only cruise I can get the hubs on is DCL so if they become too expensive then we'll probably just stop cruising. Probably should stop - we just like being on the boat. We don't eat much, hardly go to the dinners, and I think the spas as over for me as I can get a better massage at the local for 30% cheaper. We pretty much sit at the bar and stare at the water LOL

Just wondering if anyone emailed or contacted DCL on this and received a response. I haven't heard anything back from them as of today.

Since this popped back to the top, wanted to throw out that we have gotten another DCL promo mailer for 2020. This makes 2 in a week. Seems weird that we are all of a sudden getting these we we rarely did in the past. Especially for 2020, and not the new cruises they just opened up. Maybe they want us back and hope we aren't seeing that they are making it less appealing with changes like this.

Since this popped back to the top, wanted to throw out that we have gotten another DCL promo mailer for 2020. This makes 2 in a week. Seems weird that we are all of a sudden getting these we we rarely did in the past. Especially for 2020, and not the new cruises they just opened up. Maybe they want us back and hope we aren't seeing that they are making it less appealing with changes like this.
Were there any incentives they were giving on that mailer?

Were there any incentives they were giving on that mailer?

Unfortunately not yet, hoping for those;). The only other mail from them had been Castaway Club stuff, cruise docs, and maybe a flyer on the newest cruises just released.

Just amusing to me with the timing of this thread popping up and us getting advertisements in the mail from DCL.

We are Gold and planning to arrive a bit later in the process for this exact reason. No need to be first at port when there are that many Platinum cruisers on the ship. Even if we are group 2, it's not like we are going to getting on quickly. Though I suspect we might use the first time cruiser lines like we have in the past because I suspect they will be shorter on this cruise.
I tried to use the (shorter) first-time cruiser line in NYC and was told I couldn't because "they didn't have our information in that line." The lady could have just been making that up or that could be legit, who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter