DCL LGBT Friendly?

future84

Earning My Ears
So my friend and I (both gay men) are interested in the Podcast Cruise 3.0 and are wondering how LGBT friendly DCL is?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have always felt very comfortable in all five cruises I have done. I would not worry.

On our first DCL cruise, my husband and I shared the table with another gay couple and had a great time together.

Don't know if it was just luck or if the Maitre d' actively tries to seat same-sex couples together.

YES!! :thumbsup2 We've been on 2 DCL cruises, and we've never felt more welcome or at home than on DCL!! :goodvibes

Most definitely gay friendly. I'm straight but I've done 77 Disney cruises and met gay and lesbian couples on many of those trips, all of whom were having a blast. A couple times we've been at large dining tables with both gay and straight couples and the straights never batted an eye, although I suppose you can run into jerks anywhere. I think you will have a blast.

plenty of family on our last Magic trip in oct. No one so much as blinked an eye. go have fun and dont worry

I'd be more worried about those PodCast people. :eek:

:lmao:

Yep, friendly. We've completed 8 cruises and will take our 9th in January thru the Panama Canal on the Wonder.

We have some crew members onboard that recognize us on the Magic - and have even become friends and keep up on facebook.

Photographers are not a problem at all either.

Plus, we've had really cool straight people at all of our dinner tables - so no issues there either.

Cabin stewards don't blink an eye when you tell them to push the beds together, either.

We love it!!:love:

this is good news for us as well - we have never been on a cruise and being Disney lovers we decided that our first would be in Jan 2012 on the Eastern to celebrate my partners 50th.

We are hoping to have a blast - anyone else form this group going on the same cruise departing CC on the 01/14/12?

I'd be more worried about those PodCast people. :eek:

:lmao:

Hey! I resemble that remark! ;)

Seriously, you'll find that there are some really accepting folks on DCL in general and PodCast folks in particular. Val & I count ourselves fortunate to have been table-mates with the illustrious Todd on PCC 1.0.

Its a very open, welcoming group. Don't be afraid to be yourself.

We got "married" on the Wonder this past May and had a phenomenal experience! We could not have felt more special that day as well as each day, for that matter.

Have any of you been uncomfortable or had any trouble in Nassau, Bahamas?

The image in my head of Nassau is from the documentary on Rosie O'Donnell's r family cruises of protestors meeting the ship in port. While I know DCL is not a "gay cruise" as the r family ones are and therefore unlikely to draw protestors, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the place. And then there is this: http://revelandriot.com/news/un-votes-against-protecting-gays-from-execution - So the Bahamas is on my list of countries NOT to visit.

However, I'd love to go to Castaway Cay! I guess I could just not get off the ship in Nassau (on the hypothetical Disney cruise I plan to take someday) but am curious to hear others' experiences & opinions.

Never had any problems myself...... but I can see it happening.

Personally, I never get off the ship in Nassau....absolutly nothing I need or want there! Let the other guests get off the ship, and enjoy the ship while it's slow! Disney built Castaway Cay for you to enjoy!

My husband and I are taking our first DCL on the Dream end of February. I suspected that the staff are way cool with gay guest, to hear from other cruisers that is all cool is great to hear.

Can't wait!

We have gotten off the ship in Nassau...not had any problems because we're gay...just didn't like the whole experience. The haggling in the straw market is not for us. We went and saw the Atlantis resort - nice, but no need to go back...so when we're in Nassau, we enjoy the solitude of the ship while everyone else is off doing their thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter