DCL DVC swag

Geomom

DIS Veteran
We were on the 6/18 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise. We stopped by the DVC desk daily to pick up swag. They also had the' new' DVC member celebration on 2 different days from 5-5:45pm with free alcoholic cocktails (1 type), juice, and bottled water. It was the same event both days. No giveaways during the new event vs the old event which had a chance to win OBC, and random prizes.

For swag we got the DVC magnet, 4 lanyards, 4 cinch bags, 4 luggage tags, 4 VGF buttons, 2 member buttons, 4 pirate Mickey tattoos, and 3 Riviera prints.
IMG_20220618_163425312~2.jpgIMG_20220703_193314986.jpg

Last edited:
How nice that they have some complimentary take-aways for members! What do you do or say when you stop by that they offer you these things? Or are they out for you to stop by and say hello and help yourself? I'd love a few freebies but a little shy about directly asking & so wondering how this works....

How nice that they have some complimentary take-aways for members! What do you do or say when you stop by that they offer you these things? Or are they out for you to stop by and say hello and help yourself? I'd love a few freebies but a little shy about directly asking & so wondering how this works....
They encourage you to stop by each day at least in the cruise in December and May. No need to be shy. After each one they usually say check back in tomorrow. They also don’t mind if it’s really quick as sometimes there’s a line (especially right after shows or right before dinner time). You just scan in your key to the world card.

Reactions: KSL
They actually left us a voicemail a couple days before the cruise telling us to stop by daily for free member gifts. They have you scan your key card when you check-in each day. There were 2 people at the DVC desk on deck 3 right across from guest services. Ours were really friendly and didn't try to sell us more points. A few of the days didn't require us to scan the card it was stuff they were giving to anyone who stopped by--like the tattoos. The bags are really nice cinch bags with 2 small zipper pouches on the front. We used 2 of them for our Castaway Cay day.

Edited to add--they have a list of members that are on the cruise and when you get to your room you should have a magnet on your door already or at least by bedtime if the DVC crew has just boarded.

Do they still give DVC hats? I always looked forward to getting a new DVC hat on my previous cruises?

For DVC members only cruises do you have to use your points for the cruise or you can pay out of pocket?

Do they still give DVC hats? I always looked forward to getting a new DVC hat on my previous cruises?

We got hats on our December cruise on the Wonder. We were also on the Dream in May, but only stopped by to get the sling bag.

For DVC members only cruises do you have to use your points for the cruise or you can pay out of pocket?
We've never done a members cruise. I thought in the past 1 person had to be with points and the rest with $. Isn't the upcoming Members cruise one you could totally pay out of pocket? I haven't really looked into it as they cost more than regular DCL cruises and the dates didn't work for us.

For normal cruises booked through DVC at least 1 person met be booked using points. For the 2023 member cruise this requirement is waived:

• Due to the unique nature of this special event, Disney Vacation Club has waived the policy of requiring at least one passenger to sail using Reservation Points. If Members would like to pay by using both cash and Reservation Points, individual passengers must be paid for by using all cash or all Reservation Points.

Wondering if the magnet and other gifts are for Blue Card members only or all members? We bought resale, but someone told my 7 year old about the magnet and tattoos.....and she is way pumped LOL. Want to let her down easy while I still can LOL

Wondering if the magnet and other gifts are for Blue Card members only or all members? We bought resale, but someone told my 7 year old about the magnet and tattoos.....and she is way pumped LOL. Want to let her down easy while I still can LOL
I'm not positive, but it should be for all members partly since you're advertising DVC for them while on the cruise. (We're grandfathered resale members, so we have the blue card.)

Forgot to mention that they had a character meet and greet at the end of the member gathering. They were still distancing on the 6/18 cruise.

IMG_20220620_173355591_HDR.jpg

For the one in 2023, you don’t have to use points. You can pay all cash if that suits you.

Mty understanding is that member services doesn't even know or won't say but might not be posted until a couple of days before 7/23.

The DVC people have never asked to see a Membership card. They do usually ask for room number.

No Member Gathering on the 6/27 Greek Isles cruise on the Magic, though they did give out the items at the desk on Deck 4 each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter