• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL don't take Covid seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofylou

Mouseketeer
So, currently in Reykjavik on Disney magic. Called health services yesterday as unwell, told it's common cold and given 91 dollar bill for meds (like I couldn't have bought them for less half the amount in the gift shop) I am 150%sure I was Covid positive at that time but was allowed to mingle on the ship over 24hours.

An afterthought of the medical center was have a Covid test and test in the morning, this morning.

5 hours+ ago I called and said I'm positive, it's taken that long to get the PCR result (they said hour max) and the public health officer Bill was taking another call while speaking with me, I asked if a Covid positive person was not important to him especially as me and husband Had not had anything to eat, I also asked why it too so long (we have had a busy day!)

So now I'm in Covid prison on Disney magic! And hopefully I'll test negative to disembark the ship

Last edited:
So you went to health services and they gave you cold meds. During that visit they didn't test you but suggested you test for covid the following day? Once positive were you moved and if so where were you moved to?

So you went to health services and they gave you cold meds. During that visit they didn't test you but suggested you test for covid the following day? Once positive were you moved and if so where were you moved to?
I was given the 5 minute test in my cabin before being allowed to medical centre and yes, despite having a crazy new cough, high temperature and not able to swallow as my throat was so sore I was told common cold and charged $91 for 8 x ibuprofen tablets, a pack of cold capsules and some lozenges.

Yes, medical center suggested another test today, though my husband had to repeat in two days as had been with positive person.

We had to call and call for my result so approx 6 hours after lateral flow test this morning I was moved to Covid prison.

My husband still has to go on the Disney port adventures etc by himself as tested negative, though kindly (joke) they have refunded my port adventures (and it's not like we are in a group, just him by himself on the port adventures - he cannot cancel as he would only be able to cancel three days before sailing

Was your husband given the option to quarantine with you? I think that would have allowed you to remain in your stateroom and they would have cancelled/refunded both for the port adventure. Of course, that would also mean he couldn’t do anything onboard, but it’s an option I’ve read other families did to stay together.

It's at the point now that it really doesn't change the situation, covid specific protocols are on their way out.

Sorry your sick though! Hope you feel normal again soon.

It bothers me that the newer virus is not showing on the testing until a day after severe symptoms.
In the past 2 months I can’t remember a person who didn’t say: “it was positive on my second test”. I’m surprised we don’t have more updated tests since they have an updated shot coming out in a few months.
With so many old tests that are late to detect Covid out there it would be nice to see those given to countries with no tests.
Just thinking had we given out our small pox vaccine before that expired to Africa(USA dumped out so much a few months ago) maybe we would not be in this situation with Monkey pox.

It's at the point now that it really doesn't change the situation, covid specific protocols are on their way out.

Sorry your sick though! Hope you feel normal again soon.
I just wish DCL had some written policy as to what happens after the quick test and it shows positive that they had procedures they follow like PCR testing times and call us -not that we call the medical center and treated as stupid that we didn't call the health inspector and that when the ship director of public health finally does call he does not try to put you on hold because of an important call -

It bothers me that the newer virus is not showing on the testing until a day after severe symptoms.
In the past 2 months I can’t remember a person who didn’t say: “it was positive on my second test”. I’m surprised we don’t have more updated tests since they have an updated shot coming out in a few months.
With so many old tests that are late to detect Covid out there it would be nice to see those given to countries with no tests.
Just thinking had we given out our small pox vaccine before that expired to Africa(USA dumped out so much a few months ago) maybe we would not be in this situation with Monkey pox.
So true, and with an 11 night cruise that we are on - what happens if all the negative first tests show positive 24 hours later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter