DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Thank you. I really want to try for 23rd August Southampton for 4 nights so if that goes I’ll not be left with much time to rearrange as it’s close(ish) to me and in school holidays and I really wanted the 4 nights not less. I’m platinum so can book Wednesday.
Hopefully we will see you on that cruise. That’s one of the ones we are planning on doing.

The UK dates page is down altogether this morning... and no longer on the navigation.
Can’t decide if it’s a good thing or if they’re changing the booking dates!

What's the earliest/latest you can board on a Disney cruise? Do some people not get on until late afternoon or evening, or is it quicker than that? I assume that the better your room the sooner you board, like 1st/Business on an airplane?

Please realize that information based on experience is all Pre-COVID based.

The only rooms with boarding preference are Concierge. They can board anytime after embarkation begins. (Could be possible even they will have to pick a time now. Then, I would expect them to have first choice of boarding times). This is basically your first-class airline treatment. Not a lot of cabins involved.

After that group, the most expensive balcony to the cheapest inside cabin are treated equally. The difference is actually determined by Castaway Club (DCL loyalty program status). And it Is in picking your time that Platinum (seasoned cruisers) get first choice. They can pick late or early.

Disney has been very good about getting everyone on board for lunch. There’s a service line on the upper deck. Sit-down dining with similar food is offered in one of the 3 main dining rooms.

Cabins are typically not available upon arrival onboard (usually available after 1:30). Luggage gets delivered sometime usually before dinner.

The muster / lifeboat drill (what to do if ship needs to evacuated) is mandatory and is done right at All-Aboard time. You wouldn’t want to be skimmi G in for that,

Actually, most people are ready to board as early as possible. That Disney feeling really starts when you step foot off the gangplank into the atrium. No other cruise line presents itself in quite the same way. And with short cruises, you want to maximize your time. A three-night cruise can leave You thinking, “but I just unpacked my bags and now I am leaving.”

In Florida, boarding did not begin until about noon. Check in started prehabs at 10:45 am (I haven’t had to pick a time in years, as I am in the Platinum category; we didn’t have to pick port arrival times in the past). Now, I imagine we will be given early dibs on check-in times.

If AllAboard is 6:30 out of one port, what time will dinner seatings be? Or is the passenger load so low they will only have one seating.

Somebody let us know after booking if you were offered a choice of dining times. Thank you.

Watching for info as this adventure unfolds...

They appear to have cancelled the Tilbury and Newcastle sailings. Website now only refers to Liverpool and Southampton.

Hopefully we will see you on that cruise. That’s one of the ones we are planning on doing.
Oh that would be fabulous! Let’s hope we both get a place. Look out for the mad woman chasing after her grandchildren who call her “Babba” for reasons that I cannot quite remember lol!

Am I correct in thinking tomorrow is the Platinum booking day? Would be interested to see if anyone gets booked, and prices. It's odd that the information on the website seems to be decreasing instead of increasing. Concerning about Newcastle and London.

The Disney Magic At Sea pages have changed overnight.

The overview page now says

Departing on select dates from Liverpool and Southampton aboard the Disney Magic, our new staycation sailings—exclusive to UK residents—invite you to embark on a brand-new, magical Disney experience. Close to home and at sea—be immersed in Disney storytelling, thanks to an amazing collection of onboard entertainment, dining and recreation for the entire family, with all the care you’d expect from Disney. Bookings begin 19th April.

The page which listed the advance booking dates and details for Castaway Club members is now not working.

The port pages for all 4 ports are still online.

Its possible that as DCL were not requiring vaccines and only the Lateral Flow Rapid Tests, that there may be an issue with UK Government regulations for the earlier June and July routes, which would mean that the London Tilbury and Newcastle sailings could possibly be cancelled.

I'm hearing rumours that new information, with new schedules will be released later today, so lets just be patient and see what happens. Remember DCL seems to be updating the website on Florida time, which is 5 hours behind UK time. So 9am Florida time is 2pm UK time and 5pm Florida time is 10pm UK time.

The advance booking page is saying

We're Working on It
This page is temporarily unavailable.
Rest assured, we'll fix the issue soon, so please try again later.

advanced booking.jpg

Tried it on a couple of different browsers.

Booking begins 19th April! This Summer, Set Sail on a Unique Staycation at Sea Aboard 2-, 3- and Limited 4-Night Cruises from the UK
Departing on select dates from London Tilbury, Newcastle, Liverpool and Southampton aboard the Disney Magic, our new staycation sailings - exclusive to UK residents - invite you to embark on a brand-new, magical Disney experience. Close to home and at sea - be immersed in Disney storytelling, thanks to an amazing collection of onboard entertainment, dining and recreation for the entire family, with all the care you'd expect from Disney.

I'm looking as the disneyholidays uk site rather than the disneycruises go site. So maybe theres a difference.

I'm looking as the disneyholidays uk site rather than the disneycruises go site. So maybe theres a difference.

Yes there is a difference. I am looking at Disney Cruise Line website. disneyholidays uk is a different website.

this is the only URL thats official and actaully updated by Disney Cruise line, every other URL, / website get their info from here
disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/overview/uk-magic-at-sea/overview.jpg

On twitter, if you believe everything you read, it says private PCR tests 1-5 days prior is a requirement, and it is a free for all on Monday 19th, no priority given to Platinum/Gold etc etc,. Came from someone called Andrew McAlpine if you wish to search;

Yes there is a difference. I am looking at Disney Cruise Line website. disneyholidays uk is a different website.

this is the only URL thats official and actaully updated by Disney Cruise line, every other URL, / website get their info from here
disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/overview/uk-magic-at-sea/View attachment 568206

Disneyholidays .co . uk is the official disney site for uk residents though. Weird you can't navigate to this directly from the website in the UK.

If this is true, i'm disappointed that Castaway status is not observed.

Its possible they did a data base search and found a very low % of Castaway Club members who have UK addresses on file. Therefore they would know that the majority of people booking will be first time cruisers, so it might not make financial sense to have advance booking days. Also they might have seen negativity and confusion about Castaway Club. I have seen people on social media who have never booked with DCL thinking that people paid to have Castaway Club membership and that it was not fair that some people could buy their way to advance booking. Now we here on DIS know this is not true , so maybe its DCL listening to their target customers and making adjustments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!