DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

For those who have booked a UK cruise this summer, how long before your cruise were you contacted with details on how to book your PCR test and what is needed to show proof of vaccinations? Thanks
I wouldn`t wait until contacted. If already vaccinated go the "know before you go" section. Follow the instruction how to register an account Project Screen by Prenetics . You can upload various proof of vaccination. They are a bit slow to process so do as early as you can.

new video from July 20 Liverpool cruise, at 10.40 confirmation that virtual queue for the family pool area is gone.

Brand new information thanks to @Joshua Kelso who is updating live from the Magic

Update on the Rainforest Room, it's back to $29 per person, party of up to five, for 45 minutes but I did confirm that they did not allow mixed groups, so if for example of my wife and I book a slot, no one else will be allowed in during your time.

I wouldn`t wait until contacted. If already vaccinated go the "know before you go" section. Follow the instruction how to register an account Project Screen by Prenetics . You can upload various proof of vaccination. They are a bit slow to process so do as early as you can.

You can't upload until 35 days before but if you are in that period I would just do it. Disney emailed at 30 days but I had already completed

If you cant get to your rooms until 4pm (or thereabouts), and you Key to the World cards are there, does that mean you cant buy anything (ie an alcoholic drink) until then?

If you cant get to your rooms until 4pm (or thereabouts), and you Key to the World cards are there, does that mean you cant buy anything (ie an alcoholic drink) until then?

I’ve just got off the Magic this morning. When we embarked on Friday we were able to go straight to our cabin when we got on board at around 2:30pm.

Same. What did you think of it?

I thought it was a fantastic cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed our time on board.

This was my 7th DCL cruise so I know what it’s like to cruise Disney pre-COVID. I can genuinely say the restrictions they still have in place didn’t negatively impact on our experience in any meaningful way. We had no trouble getting into any of the shows or trivia and had plenty of opportunities to interact with the characters. I kind of enjoyed the random visits from the characters around the ship and had plenty of opportunities for photos without having to wait in line.

The staff on board were so friendly and attentive and seemed really happy to be working again.

If anyone is still debating going on one of the UK staycations on DCL I’d definitely recommend booking.

Last edited:
I thought it was a fantastic cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed our time on board.

This was my 7th DCL cruise so I know what it’s like to cruise Disney pre-COVID. I can genuinely say the restrictions they still have in place didn’t negatively impact on our experience in any meaningful way. We had no trouble getting into any of the shows or trivia and had plenty of opportunities to interact with the characters. I kind of enjoyed the random visits from the characters around the ship and had plenty of opportunities for photos without having to wait in line.

The staff on board were so friendly and attentive and seemed really happy to be working again.

If anyone is still debating going on one of the UK staycations on DCL I’d definitely recommend booking.

My wife and I had a lovely time too - although we had trouble sleeping some nights, and thought the food was a bit hit and miss, mostly positive though.

All in all, we put "undecided" on our feedback form regarding wether or not we'd cruise again. It will depend on a number of factors, but like you'd encourage anyone debating it to at least try it once. We certainly don't regret trying it in the slightest.

My wife and I had a lovely time too - although we had trouble sleeping some nights, and thought the food was a bit hit and miss, mostly positive though.

All in all, we put "undecided" on our feedback form regarding wether or not we'd cruise again. It will depend on a number of factors, but like you'd encourage anyone debating it to at least try it once. We certainly don't regret trying it in the slightest.

Are you going to do a full trip report?

I've a question - What left you most disappointed? I know the obvious things like leaving when the cruise was over, but was there anything you think that left you underwhelmed?

The indoor photos that the professional photographers were taken - Am I right in thinking this was with masks on?

I've a question - What left you most disappointed? I know the obvious things like leaving when the cruise was over, but was there anything you think that left you underwhelmed?

The indoor photos that the professional photographers were taken - Am I right in thinking this was with masks on?

Professional photos were no masks - we bought one of us at Rapunzel's royal table.

The food was the most disappointing because I expected all three MDR meals to be exceptional and they were hit and miss. Perhaps my expectations were too high. Mostly positive, but I was comparing it to Gino D'Acampo's, which is our favourite restaurant chain in the UK, and does a good range of both "casual comfort food" and gourmet dishes. (https://ginodacamporestaurants.com). That was one of the reasons I didn't want to try Palo - I saw their menu and it just looked really underwhelming, we also loved our servers and didn't want to miss them when we only had four nights with them and one morning.

Rapunzel's Royal Table was the worst meal, the only thing that met my expectations was the Pretzel. Obviously the decor and the show helped to make up for it.

Duck-in-Diner Shwarmas were downright bad, and I'm not being a food snob here - you can get delicious kebabs all over Liverpool on a budget and it's hardly difficult to get right. The wraps are too tiny, the chicken is too bland and there is no nice flame-crisp on the outer edges. The chicken dippers were perfectly acceptable for fast food.

DW felt a bit pressured to order cocktails whenever we sat down for an activity, but she's very timid so I don't fully blame the servers for that, I explained to her that it is their job to make money, so they have to ask, but it is also their job to make her feel welcome, so just smile and say no. When I did this, they responded immediately so it was more about her learning a new skill. She felt she was taking up a seat at Keys without contributing, I explained the price we payed for the cruise more than earned her the right to sit in Keys and not order anything.

Cabanas always had something I enjoyed, but based on videos of pre-covid cruisers I think DCL vets would be very disappointed with the lack of variety.

That's all for the moment - I just say this email notification re:the thread and now I'm 4+ paragraphs in, lol. I'll probably share more later, jobs to do now!

The food was the most disappointing because I expected all three MDR meals to be exceptional and they were hit and miss. Perhaps my expectations were too high. Mostly positive, but I was comparing it to Gino D'Acampo's, which is our favourite restaurant chain in the UK, and does a good range of both "casual comfort food" and gourmet dishes. (https://ginodacamporestaurants.com). That was one of the reasons I didn't want to try Palo - I saw their menu and it just looked really underwhelming, we also loved our servers and didn't want to miss them when we only had four nights with them and one morning.

Rapunzel's Royal Table was the worst meal, the only thing that met my expectations was the Pretzel. Obviously the decor and the show helped to make up for it.

Duck-in-Diner Shwarmas were downright bad, and I'm not being a food snob here - you can get delicious kebabs all over Liverpool on a budget and it's hardly difficult to get right. The wraps are too tiny, the chicken is too bland and there is no nice flame-crisp on the outer edges. The chicken dippers were perfectly acceptable for fast food.
I wasn't on this cruise, but I had the same about the food when I cruised with Disney. I really didn't understand what everyone was going on about. It was all okay, I had no dish that stood out.
And same about shoarma (Dutch spelling :P ) we have such a big Turkish community in the Netherlands who do a better job.

A new update for those who are about to cruise. I got an email from DCL earlier, May be of interest to those who have not yet received it:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard and want to share some important information about your cruise.

At this time, we have adjusted the show order and increased capacity in the Walt Disney Theatre to eliminate the need to reserve a seating time for the performance prior to sailing. Guests will now be able to view Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic during one of three scheduled performances on a specific day during the sailing. Guests are free to attend their preferred performance time.

Once onboard, Guests will see the performances listed as an activity in the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app and may attend the most convenient show time for their party. You may even attend a second performance if you wish. Any previously reserved performance will be removed from your plans prior to sailing.

In addition, Guests 18 years of age and older no longer need to pre-reserve a time to utilize the Fitness Center. If you pre-reserved a time in the Fitness Center, know that it will also be removed from your plans. Specialized classes in the Fitness Center will continue to be available for reservations onboard the ship. Face coverings are required when entering and leaving the Fitness Center, but are not required when actively working out.

We have also eliminated the onboard virtual queue to access the Goofy Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Areas. Guests will now join a physical queue for the pools and water play areas. Please see a Crew Member on deck for assistance.

As a reminder, physical distancing measures in our terminals and areas of our ships such as upper decks, dining rooms, food and beverage locations, lounges, theaters, walkways, elevators, pools, queues and other common spaces are in place. Signage throughout the ship reminds Guests and Crew to practice physical distancing.

For additional information about your Disney Magic at Sea sailing, please visit the Know Before You Go section of our website.

We appreciate you sailing with us and hope you enjoy this added flexibility during your sailing.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter