DCL-Booked Resort in MDE?

Cheburashka

Momketeer
Is there a way to make your DCL-booked resort show up in MDE? We have a pre-cruise night booked at AKL, and I like my resort stays to show up on MDE, just for the reassurance that everything is good to go. Does anyone know how to do this? The resort doesn't show up automatically, and I tried using my DCL confirmation number to link it, but that didn't work.

I do not know the answer but just curious why you booked your resort through DCL. Usually, it is less expensive to book the WDW resort separately and take advantage of any discounts that come out along the way. A DCL booked resort can't take advantage of special deals (at least that is how it always used to be). Just curious if you compared prices and if there was a difference.

MJ

I do not know the answer but just curious why you booked your resort through DCL. Usually, it is less expensive to book the WDW resort separately and take advantage of any discounts that come out along the way. A DCL booked resort can't take advantage of special deals (at least that is how it always used to be). Just curious if you compared prices and if there was a difference.

MJ
I did check and DCL's price and WDW's rack rate are exactly the same. I'm already planning to keep checking back, and if a resort discount comes out for the resort & date I want (not super likely for the week before Christmas during Disney's anniversary year, but you never know), I will book the discounted resort and cancel the DCL-booked resort. I'll be able to do that and get my money back for the resort up until 4 days before sailing. This way the room is reserved, and I don't have to pay anything for it until September. And the entire booking, including transfers, resort & cruise, is all in one place.

Unfortunately the DCL system and the WDW system are not compatible. I recall folks mentioning in the past they had trouble with MDE and a DCL-booked land vacation. That's one of the reasons many of us recommend to book the 2 parts separately. Do you have a reservation number specific to your WDW resort stay? Or only the DCL reservation number that includes your cruise as well? You need the WDW-specific reservation number to add to MDE.

Unfortunately the DCL system and the WDW system are not compatible. I recall folks mentioning in the past they had trouble with MDE and a DCL-booked land vacation. That's one of the reasons many of us recommend to book the 2 parts separately. Do you have a reservation number specific to your WDW resort stay? Or only the DCL reservation number that includes your cruise as well? You need the WDW-specific reservation number to add to MDE.
I called in to ask about it today and they said that I needed to give the system a few days to catch up, and then either my cruise reservation number would work for linking, or if it didn't they could give me another number to use for linking.

Makes sense as when I used another travel agency to book Four Seasons Orlando last year, it took a few days before I could link it into MDE. I guess I just need to think of DCL as the travel agency in this case, & give it a few days to connect.

I called in to ask about it today and they said that I needed to give the system a few days to catch up, and then either my cruise reservation number would work for linking, or if it didn't they could give me another number to use for linking.

Makes sense as when I used another travel agency to book Four Seasons Orlando last year, it took a few days before I could link it into MDE. I guess I just need to think of DCL as the travel agency in this case, & give it a few days to connect.

Did this ever work correctly? I am dealing with the same issue. Thanks!

I had the same issue. I tried adding the reservation manually into MDE using my cruise confirmation number and (of course) it said unable to locate this reservation and listed a phone number to call for assistance. I called and choose the option for needing technical help with MDE. Friendly CM answered quickly and I explained I was trying to add hotel booked by DCL to my MDE but only have cruise confirmation number so it wasn't working. She said "Ah yes, one moment....ok here is your hotel reservation number. Enter that number and it will work" I entered the number she gave me and sure enough it popped up no problem. Total call time was less than 5 minutes.
**I don't usually book hotel via cruise line but have so much future credit from multiple canceled cruises and already have next cruise fully paid and huge on board credit that I won't be able to use in 4 days so I thought better to use for hotel this one night than throw it down the drain.***

I had the same issue. I tried adding the reservation manually into MDE using my cruise confirmation number and (of course) it said unable to locate this reservation and listed a phone number to call for assistance. I called and choose the option for needing technical help with MDE. Friendly CM answered quickly and I explained I was trying to add hotel booked by DCL to my MDE but only have cruise confirmation number so it wasn't working. She said "Ah yes, one moment....ok here is your hotel reservation number. Enter that number and it will work" I entered the number she gave me and sure enough it popped up no problem. Total call time was less than 5 minutes.
**I don't usually book hotel via cruise line but have so much future credit from multiple canceled cruises and already have next cruise fully paid and huge on board credit that I won't be able to use in 4 days so I thought better to use for hotel this one night than throw it down the drain.***

Thank you so much! This is hugely helpful. I will call.
Same here—trying to use up FCC! :)

Did this ever work correctly? I am dealing with the same issue. Thanks!
I can't remember as I ended up cancelling and it's been a hectic past few months. But as I said, I've had the same issue when booking Four Seasons via a travel agency and that worked out after a day or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter