• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Airline Bag Check Program

kathi

DIS Veteran
Can someone talk about how this works and if it's still offered? We usually fly Southwest and I know they didn't participate. Our upcoming cruise we are flying American and I'd sure like to not lug my bags through check in at the airport.

Can someone talk about how this works and if it's still offered? We usually fly Southwest and I know they didn't participate. Our upcoming cruise we are flying American and I'd sure like to not lug my bags through check in at the airport.
I didn't think that DCL was currently offering Onboard AIrline Check-In (you mentioned bags, so that's the part I'm referring to). I hope they actually are offering it. Maybe someone has that info & will share. If it is offered, you don't need to book flights through Disney to use that service.

As for booking flights via DCL in general, you simply call, choose the DCL Air option from the phone menu & talk to them about your preferences for flights. You can choose your flight date, airline & flight time (naturally, airlines can change the times on you). You can request a certain seat (coach only), but it isn't guaranteed. If your cruise is cancelled, so are your flights. That's a big advantage of booking them via DCL.

Thanks - I was talking about the bags. That would be really convenient.

When I checked in this past week and entered my flight information for Southwest they noted that I was eligible for their airline bag check program and I indicated that I wanted to participate. I haven't actually been on the cruise yet, so I can't verify what actually happens and whether it is running for sure.

When I checked in this past week and entered my flight information for Southwest they noted that I was eligible for their airline bag check program and I indicated that I wanted to participate. I haven't actually been on the cruise yet, so I can't verify what actually happens and whether it is running for sure.
Interesting. Southwest had not been part of the airline bag check program pre-Covid, so this would be a (welcome) change, since we usually fly SW to and from Florida.

There was an option to choose during check in for interest in bag check. I hope. It made it very nice and helpful. We haven't gone yet, so we'll see

Hmmm - I'll check with concierge to see if it's something we can add once we are on the ship. I don't think I can go back in and change out check in at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter