DC photos!

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Hi guys!

Finally got through all my photos from our Oct/Nov trip. Thought I would post a link here to my DC and SW photos.

You will need flash to view the slide shows.

CLICK HERE
for DC photos and you can find the SW photos from the pull down menu.

Enjoy!

AWESOME!!!!!!! I enjoyed looking at all your pictures--looks like you all had a blast!! My son and I are planning on going in June 2007 along with a 7 day cruise on the Magic (hopefully)..I also enjoyed your Magic pictures!!! Thanks so much for sharing--I cant wait to go now!!!!! :sunny:

Those are amazing pictures.

The one of the menu needs to be saved because people ask about the food items.

The one of you hugging the dolphin is priceless.

The one of you and your GF is also priceless.

The one of all 4 jumping is a keeper.

You got some amazing shots that others don't get.

Incredible pictures. Wow.

Those were AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to try DC when my son is a little older!! I have been wanting to go there for a while. Thanks for sharing! I have never seen pics of it before, and it just made me want to go even more!!!
Also, the last ones with the dolphins were priceless - GREAT pics!

Jen

robvia,

Thanks, but I am the chick in the photos not the dude :rolleyes: That handsome little devil would be my husband Robert :rolleyes1

Sorry didn't mean to take credit for the very last photo of the dolphins, that one was taken by the professional photographer of the four dolphins in the Sand Dollar area. I added it just to show Coral, our dolphin in action. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to bring a camera into the water with you during the dolphin swim. I took all the others though :teeth:

Those were great pictures!!! Was that a disposable underwater camera? It doesn't look like it.

Sandra

The underwater shots and the pic of Rob & I are from a Kodak underwater camera. The rest are from our Canon PowerShot SD 550 :bounce: Digital Elph.

Not to be nosey-but do you remember how much the pictures were at DC? I want to make sure I have enough money with me to get all of them :) Also, do they offer a package deal or did you purchase ala cart? Thank you so much for your help!!! Oh, one more thing--do they do a video of you with the dolphins when you do your swim? We had one done when we were in the Bahamas...brings back such good memories!!! Thanks again!!!

I don't remember the cost of the printed photos since we didn't buy the printed ones but we payed $200 for 10 photos on CD (it also came with some free images of the park and dolphins) and the video.

The video is about 20-30 mins in length and the first half is video of the park (kinda cheesy but informative) and the last part of the video is your dolphin swim.

Personally I think the photos were WAY too expensive! Photos for the two of us and the video was almost the cost of a single full day admission! :earseek:

I mean I guess they can charge that since most people can't turn down photos of themselves swimming with a dolphin but in my opinion, it was highway robbery!!! The park price I would say was worth it but the video and photos were not worth was we paid!

Make sure you have room on that credit card!! :rolleyes:

Awesome pictures Cass...... It brings back a whole lot of memories... We did DC 2 years ago and swam with LaToya... I would go back in a heartbeat!!!!!

How does the pricing work for the photo/video pkgs?

I have 2 DDs doing the swim with dolphins out of the 6 of us. Will I be able to buy 5 photos of each or whatever combination of everyone for the days events to make the 10 for $200 (yikes)?
Same with the video. Surely I won't have to buy 2? :earseek: Please tell me it ain't so.
I realize I don't HAVE to buy anything, but I am Mom, how can I not?
Any advice on all this is welcome. The day itself for all of us is pretty exorbitant already!
TIA

You will only need to buy one video as the whole group of 8 will be on that video. As for the photos, right after your swim is done, you will follow the camera guy into the little photo hut right next to the Cabana. There you will be able to look at all the photos they took of your group. You can choose just one photo or the packages. I think there was a price for 5, 10 and 15 photos. You can buy the printed photos or buy the digital version on a cd (which you then have all the rights to).

It's really quite easy, they show you how to do it on the computer real quick and then they leave you alone to choose what you want. You just click on what you want, click add to order and then call them over when you are done. We put our order in around 11:20 am and it was ready for pick up after 2pm.

One quick tip. If you have someone in your party NOT doing the dolphin swim, have them stand on the beach on the side of you (not behind you) and take photos too! Everything I read about this before said you couldn't get a good shot cus it was way too far away... :confused3 (bologna!)

If you have a zoom lens and find a decent spot (more side of your party than behind them) you can get some decent shots. Are they going to be as great as the professional ones, no...but you can still get some good ones, and if you have a good camera with a decent lens, I would imagine you could get pretty good ones! Also you can video from the beach as well and could get some really good footage.

Personally, if we have more people in our group next time, I will be booking two different swim times and parking myself on those rocks with my camera and video camera while my party goes for their swim.

I wasn't all that impressed with the photographer. He never said anything so most of the time you are so excited about the dolphins you don't even remember that they are there! We only got one decent shot with both of us looking at the camera. So my second tip would be to be aware that they are taking photos and video of you and to look at the camera for those money shots!

:umbrella:

Thank you Timon for all the details & the helpful advice. We'll be sure to bring DH's camera with the zoom & position him where you said. :sunny:

Oh just one more question about the video and pictures price--Was the video included in the amount you stated above? Or was it more? I wonder if I emailed DC if they would send me a price list??? Anyone know???

I answered my own question...heres is what was sent....

Dear Tammy,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially when we can help them plan a day with us.

I have this price list that can give you an idea on how much money you should bring, we have additional items not listed.

Adventure Photo Price List

Family Package or Package 3 $99.99

5- 5x7 Print & 2 sets of Key chains

Or

5- 5x7 Print & 2 sets of Wallets

Or

5- 5x7 Print & 2 sets of Magnets

Or

5- 5x7 Print & 2 sets Key chains, wallets or Magnets

Advanced Package or Package 2 $62.99

3- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Key chains

Or

3- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Wallets

Or

3- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Magnets

Or

3- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Key chains, Wallets or Magnets

Starter Package or Package 1 $29.99

1- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Key chains

Or

1- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Wallets

Or

1- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Magnets

Or

1- 5x7 Print & 1 set of Magnets, Wallets or Magnets

Digital Photo CD

5 Images $100.00

11 Images $150.00

22 Images $200.00

11-19 Images $15.00 each

21 and up Images $10.00 each

Interaction Video (PAL, NTSC) $59.99

I hope I address your concerns.

Best Regards,

Maria Burgos
Guest Relations
Discovery Cove

Great info. Agree, it's expensive, but in another thread, a DC employee defended the pricing saying it's done by a 3rd party company.
You can get good shots from the side on the rocks, but you'll need a good zoom lens, something like 200mm. If you bring a nice camera like a Canon 20D, you'll have to be very careful. Walking on rocks, with sand, and salt water is probably the most dangerous place you could take a DSLR.

Great pictures! Brought back memories from my trip :)

Timon, Thanks for the pictures and the information. I am trying to decide if want to Discovery Cove in June 2006. My son will be 11 yo. The cost is a little high, but your pictures tell a great story. It seems like you had a great time, and it would be worth the money. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter