DC: Have I thought of everything

LisaRex

Mouseketeer
For our 8/17 trip to DC, here's what I have planned to bring:

*credit card?? (I've already paid in full; do I still need to bring it?)
*change of clothes for everyone, including socks and shoes
*my prescription sunglasses and sunglass strap
*2 waterproof cameras
*waterproof fanny pack (needed?)
*directions

We plan to arrive at 8:30am with swim suits, cover-ups and water shoes on.

All you veterans, have I thought of everything? I don't need towels, right? Do they provide beach chairs? Should I bring a book to read or is there no time? And I've read they provide the sunscreen.

Thanks for all the advice!!

another thing to bring:
me! I always wanted to go to that place! I hope you have a great time.

Yes, they want to see the credit card just to validate you have it, bring it in, then you won't need it anymore. After you check in, the credit card links to your badge. You'll use the badge to charge your pictures and any drinks you buy from the snack stand near the beach.
You need your license.
Waterproof fanny pack is not needed. You can leave valueables in the free locker they give you. It has a key so you can go back and forth.

They provide towels and have plenty of beach chairs.
The sunscreen is provided.
You can bring a book if you want just to see what it's like to read on a beach in a relaxed setting.

Yes, get there early, you will be one step ahead of the crowd which arrives at 9am.

Have fun.

I'm crossing out "waterproof fanny pack" and adding "fboy9287," though where I can pick up one of those is a mystery :D

Thanks for the advice, guys! Looks like I'm all set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter