Day trip to the beach transportation

TOBS2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
We are considering taking a day trip to the beach with the kids to see the ocean on one of our rest days at WDW. Interested if others have done this when they did not have a car. We are flying and then planning to utilize disney transportation the entire time. Anyone use a rental car option, Turo etc for one day? I am assuming an Uber or Lyft wouldn't be the best way to go in this idea.

I'd say check rental car prices using the Car Care Center location, but worth checking a few that are nearby at area hotels (if reopned), Turo could be an option I can't really speak to that, but I would not use Uber/Lyft myself. Plenty of one day rentals around Disney due those coming in on an airline either MCO or places like TPA. But rates a tad on the crazy side.

Thanks all---anyone have experience getting to and from the car care center? Is it easily done, or a complete hassel?

Thanks all---anyone have experience getting to and from the car care center? Is it easily done, or a complete hassel?
It’s very easy. They will send a shuttle to pick you up at your resort, and upon dropping the car off at the end of your rental, the shuttle will drop you off anywhere on property, including the parks.

Car rental would be the easiest and most efficient option, as mentioned by pp the Disney Car Care Center is your best bet, there are several national car rental agencies on-site and there is a complimentary shuttle service to/from your hotel.. Once you have your car rental, I would recommend taking I-4 East to 528 (Beachline) and then take 528 (Beachline) towards Cocoa Beach, this would be the most direct route to the nearest beaches, in addition to Cocoa Beach which can get congested, I recommend the Canaveral National Seashore if you are looking for a more relaxing and nature-oriented beach trip away from crowds..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!