Day 9 : Rain, rain and some more rain!

Tartan Tigger

<font color=purple>I fixed my PC MYSELF!!!!!!!!<br
Oct 30, 2000
Cast : Myself (Johann)
DSIS Tricia (Thumper Thistle)

After a night of tossing and turning and checking Tricia was still breathing I finally got up at 9.15am. Looked out window and discovered it was raining. Put on my new Hilfigger jacket that I got at Belz and went down to foodcourt to fill mugs and get breakfast.

At 10.30am we left the resort and went to Downtown Disney. We were going to try Disney Quest to see if we could get on the internet but the queue at the entrance was huge so we give it a miss. Went into Virgin as I had seen games I wanted to buy for the PC. Lost Tricia but she found me sitting on the sofa at the top of the escalators reading the Osbourne’s book. I was really enjoying it so Tricia went downstairs to look at the CD’s and said she would come back upstairs when she was finished. I was fine with that because Tricia can look at CD’s for hours and hours and hours. When she did come back up to get me I was fast asleep, no idea how long I slept but I felt better for it. Went shopping in Disney Marketplace and returned to the resort at 2.30pm. Phoned home and my mum was saying they were sitting outside because it was nice for a change. I was like, oh the sky is black I think it might rain.

We had planned on going to Animal Kingdom to see the parade but the rain started as we were going to the bus stop and it was heavy so we figured the parade would be cancelled and went to MGM instead. We did Millionaire then the Animation tour and then went to Indian Jones (rain off again). They did the first scene and then stopped because the set wouldn’t move (technical problems). Small section of the crowd started to boo, don’t know what good they thought that was going to do. Did some shopping then went to see the Little Mermaid, just got in before the doors closed.

Headed for Fantasmic and just as we got to the top of the hill the rain started again. Found somewhere to sit and the rain got heavier, we joined the rest of the crowd in the mexican wave. At 8.20pm there was an announcement that the show may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Surprisingly it went ahead. About 10minutes into the show the rain became torrential and a handful of people left. We sat it out and by the end we were totally drenched. I tell you I wouldn’t sit in rain like this for anything but Fantasmic. As we left the ampitheatre the water was squelching out of my trainers (sneakers). Got a bus straight away. It was still raining when we went to bed at 11.30pm. Hope the rain goes off tomorrow and the sun comes out.

Foot update : Purple rim round bite has faded and the swelling has reduced slightly.


DIS Veteran
Sep 23, 1999
Great trip reports. The first time I saw Fantasmic it poured but I still loved it! Thanks for posting.


DIS Veteran
Aug 18, 2001
Originally posted by Tartan Tigger

trainers (sneakers).
Foot update : Purple rim round bite has faded and the swelling has reduced slightly.

Thanks for the translation of trainers LOL;) and foot status report:D

Thanks for another great report!


The Disney Dining Promo Card is a great way for you to “Stay, Play, and Dine” at Walt Disney World this summer. This offer is available for arrivals from June 25 to September 14, 2023.

Click Here for a No-Obligation Quote!