Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Refreshed from a good nights sleep we woke up to clouds and rain. We have been very lucky this trip, today is the first day of rain and we are okay with it. Since we mostly live on the west coast we may see rain once or twice a year, clouds a handful of times a year so most days are blue skies and sunny days. The great thing about that is if you plan an outdoor event weeks in advance the chances are excellent that it will be a beautiful day. In most cases even if it starts off to be a cloudy or rainy day its only for a very short time and the rest of the day is beautiful. Almost never rains for hours at a time. Summers are hot, very hot but (as everyone has heard) its dry, you don’t sweat really you don’t.

Anyway I got to catch up on my writing and relax without anything to do, but the downfall is, there is only today and tomorrow left out of a two week vacation. Boo hoo.

Not sure what we are going to do today, looks like its going to rain all through-out the day. We shall see.

Stayed in the room all day, watched a movie. Walked over to the Boardwalk Bakery to get some sandwiches and maybe a donut, well not maybe we did get a donut….each. It was thunder and lightening all the way and raining buckets but we went anyway with our umbrellas… we trudged thru that for the sandwiches, not the donuts…no really not the donuts:) Side note, we do own umbrellas and only use them when we are away from the desert. 25 years in Nevada and never used an umbrella there.

Made a reservation at the Ale and Compass at the Yacht club. The rain has ended and it was a nice evening to just walk over. My wife had the pasta Tagliatelle with a side of broccoli and she loved it, I had the Seafood Pot Pie and it was one of the best things I had this whole trip. Our server was Zach and he could not have been more attentive. Never missed a beat and so friendly. He told us they asked him to come in for the dinner crowd since they were short staffed, he usually works breakfast, he invited us back for some great chocolate waffles in the morning but I told him that I wasn’t really a breakfast person, just coffee. The food at that restaurant was amazingly good and with Zach as our server it made it as good if not better than any signature restaurant we have been to. Appetizer, main course and drinks came to $122 including tax. If you like seafood the Pot Pie is the best I ever had. I did have one in New Port Beach, California at a dock side restaurant a few years back and it was so good I still remember it but now I found new place to order it and I will remember that for the next visit. After dinner we went back to the Boardwalk Resort and stopped in the gift shop on the boardwalk. Purchased T-Shirts for the family, one for me and my wife got a new backpack, like she needed a 15th one. (Lol)

Well the day is ending and tomorrow is the last full day of our vacation. You wait so long through out the year for the start of your vacation and in a blink of an eye you’re at the end and heading home with just the memory. Well at least we have that.

Till tomorrow….to be continued…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter