Dax's Journal

The circus sounds like a lot of fun! When both of my DDs were born, we got a free circus ticket for each of them from Ringling Brothers. We haven't used them yet, but may look to do so in the future.

I like what you said about the cheat... if you're gonna have a cheat, make it a good one! ::yes:: So, you had some popcorn yesterday... that's okay. The rest of your day looked fine and you are ready to get back OP today. Today is a new day!:bounce:

Have a great day!

Tracy

Lets talk....

Am I the only overweight man on these boards? At times, I feel as if I have been let into some private women's bunco group and I am getting to find out all the things that we men miss out on with you guys!::yes::

And as for you, Desiree, I really don't need to know about TOM...if you know what I mean! (Just kidding!) There are some things guys just don't wanna know:sunny: .

Ok, I am about to let you in on a secret about the phone co. Please don't tell anyone this, it is confidential. Do you ever wonder why sometimes we miss appointments to your house? Because we have computer systems that will send our repairmen on tickets due tommorrow before we fix yours due today! Can you tell it was not a great day?!?!?!

Back to weight issues... I refused to weigh today due to my popcorn binge yesterday. I am going to give the kernals a few days to get out of my system!

Well, I gotta run, I have to watch the latest episode of Survivor.

So gals, thanks for letting me in your clique!

Sincerely,

The only overweight man in America!

Later,

Dax

Yes, I agree that is probably TMI!!

Sorry you had a rough day yesterday. But glad to see you are back on track. Hopefully that popcorn didn't do too much damage!

Have a great weekend!

Oh Dax your posts always make me laugh. :rotfl: Your wife will be mighty impressed with all your new insights into women. Just have caution when reading our posts because certain subjects (TOM :scared: ) do come up regularly. :rotfl:

At least you made it 3 1/2 monthss before cheating. I think I only lasted 3 weeks.

Have a good weekend!

~Angela :wave2:

Poor Dax!! :(

Have you watched Mel Gibson in "What Women Want" - maybe now would be a good time to rent it..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously, I'm happy that you're here! Men approach weight loss differently than women, and it's great to see that perspective here.

I'm also guilty of posting "girl-stuff" in my journal, but when your weight can vary by 3-6 pounds over the course of a week....well, ya know we're gonna need to vent about that! ::yes::

Anyway, I'm sure you're NOT the only man around here! The other ones are just too CHICKEN to post so they LURK!! I admire you for having the guts to post!! Maybe you'll start a trend and more guys will join in! :D

Way to go with knowing when NOT to weigh - that scale will be happy to wait until you've been back on plan for a couple days.

Hope you have a great weekend, Dax!! :sunny:

Well we all need a laugh every now and then...

Desiree you are a great sport, thanks for letting me pick on you a little:wave: !

I will be back when I get a few minutes...

Later,

Dax

Alright,

It's 1 am and I can't sleep.

Recap of the diet today:

B: Bacon and a Diet Sprite

L: Buffet at Majestic Steak House in Princeton, KY (Funny story about that place later) Roast beef, chicken, green beans, pork chops (Don't you non Atkins people hate me!:hyper: )

S: 2 hamburger patties and two small ribeye steaks with a small salad (I really love to rub the Atkins diet in at times:hyper: !)

The steak place mentioned above is a small chain owned by Greek immigrants. I know of two in my area. Anyway I find it odd that unless you knew they were Greek, you would never guess by the menu. Steak, chicken, green beans etc... I find that hilarious. One of my favorite restaurants in Tupelo, MS where I used to live was a place named Vanelli's which was owned by Greeks and they had the whole gamut of Greek/Italian. Anyway, maybe I am the only one who finds it odd. (As I ramble on and on at again 1 am)

I got my water in but I did not do any exercising other than rasslin with my DS (3 years old). And for those of you who live elsewhere, in KY its rasslin round heah. (Apparently I am wired up) May have been the Diet Mountain DEW Code Reds. Have you tried them? They are fantastic and no carbs. They are really great!!!

I had a great week in that I got to help a woman I work with plan her Disney World vacation and it starts tommorrow for them. I offered to go along and chaperone her granddaughter and gd's friend, but alas I am still in ole Kaintuck' Territory at this moment.

Well, I guess I'll try to get some shuteye before the great Easter Egg hunt tommorrow. I've been psyching the 3 year old up about it and sharing hints and strategies with him (For example, if the egg isn't in the other person's basket its fair game and the don't push...just nudge kids outta the way is ok move) (I AM JUST KIDDING...PLEASE NO HATE MAIL, I AM NOT RAISING GENGHIS KHAN!!!)

DOE: I need to see the Gibson movie, I saw the previews but never caught it.

ANGELA: I will definitely try to screen the posts I read...maybe my wife should read them first...I am sure she wouldn't mind LOL!

Till Later,

The only man on the DIS WISH BOARD,

Dax

Ooh easter egg hunts are always so fun! And your DS is the perfect age to enjoy them! I hope y'all have a good time!

I dont mind being picked on so much! ;) I always seem to get it here at home, so why not over the internet for millions to see! LOL :crazy:

You meal selections sound absolutely divine and you're making me hungry!!! I'm so glad to see that you've found a plan that is working so well for you!

Anyhoo, have a great day today!

Hey Dax!

Hope you had a great day at the Easter Hunt! Kids that age are so fun to watch. Half of them have no idea why they are there- parents all yelling to their kids- get the egg, get the egg, and there is sure to be one child standing in the middle of the hunt crying for their parents :p

I'm gonna spend the week training myself not to bite the ears off the chocolate bunnies Easter morning. (Easter bunny & I may have to have a talk about reducing the candy in the baskets ;) )

And oh yeah, thanks for bragging about Atkins to this poor Weight watchers girl! :teeth: Actually I think its great there are so many different ways to successfully lose weight- I'm glad you found one that works for you!

Have a great one-

Well the egg hunting went quite nicely. My DS was able to get quite a few eggs. He was in the 1-3 age bracket and being 3 he was able to clean up nicely. (Even without following my coaching regarding pushing, stealing etc...He must take after his mother!)

B: Nothing, I know but I had trouble getting up early!
L: 4 sausages and a diet coke (only choice of drink at the EEH)
S: Chicken wings (while I watched the Wildcatless Final Four)

Got to walk an hour.

I have to tell you guys about a celebration my town has...It is called...are you ready (drum roll please) TATER DAY!

It is held in Benton, KY and has been going on for like 140 yrs. Let me tell you, it is redneck heaven. Parades, rides and they have it around the court square. One thing I find humorous is that there are no TATERS to be found anywhere! Apparently at one time sweet potatoes were big in this county, but they are not around anymore. It is a big deal here, all the kids get the day off from school, all the surrounding counties kids play hooky. So if you are passing through you might want to check it out. I can hardly go to church in town though because the vendors are already set up selling funnel cakes (a weakness of mine). The smell is killing me!

Later,

Dax

Hey Dax,
Sounds like the Easter Egg Hunt went well for your DS. My DDs participated in one today that involved money and they came home with about $4.00 in change today. Not too bad for 5 minutes worth of work...

It's funny because we celebrated Easter w/ my grandmother today and I ate like crazy. When I reached for my 6th cookie,:rolleyes: I remembered what you said last week about the cheat. If you're gonna cheat... make it worthwhile... and I did. However, I think that I will pay for it tomorrow.:(

Tater Day sounds like a lot of fun! Where I live, we have the annual Twins Days Festival and traffic in town is disrupted for the entire weekend. We generally have between 2000 and 3000 sets of twins, their family members, television crews, local residents, and vendors in attendance. Talk about seeing double.... :) :)

Have a good one!

Tracy

oh goodness dax, i've just gotten caught up on your journal, and at so many points i was seriously laughing out loud over here :laughing:

from being the only guy surrounded by girls, to the greek restaurant, "coaching" ds, tater day, oh my, and who knows what else i'm forgetting!!! :rotfl:

i'm glad we have you around here, most definitley ::yes::

okay, so on to serious business! you're doing a great job sticking to atkins! and don't feel bad about "rubbing it in our faces". it works for you! that's great! you're just keeping yourself accountable, and how wonderful that it's something that you love so much :bounce:

alright, enough out of me. hope you have a great day :sunny:

Hi Dax! :wave:

So I get on the internet to drown my sorrows and try to forget the horrible Final Four, and what do I find? Mention of it in your post, of course. If one more person tells me that "at least the Cowboys made it that far" I think I'll belt 'em one! :p Anyway...

The Easter egg hunt sounded like lots of fun. We're gearing up for one of our own on Thursday, and I'm already dreading the carnage.

You're doing a great job with Atkins. Count me as another WW girl who drooled at some of your posts!

Have a good one!

Sams: I didn't know you were an OSU Fan. Tell you a quick story about Eddie Sutton...when he first came to Kentucky to be the coach here, a wealthy alumnus said, "He can't coach here, we like our coaches hair the same way we like our Kentucky bourbon...straight!" Anyway, you guys had a great year, but I know what you mean about the disappointment, if Kentucky doesn't win it, the state goes into a depression almost.

Tracey: I think I have heard or seen about the twins on tv before.

Marsh: Thanks for the applause, I shoulda been in standup huh?!?!?

Oh well, I gotta run, but I'll check back in after basketball tonight!

The only overweight man in American!

LAter,

Dax

OK folks,

TATER Day has officially come and gone and as I write this, I am just plain TATERED OUT!:faint:

Well I got to play basketball tonight. Not super enjoyable. We only had 10 players and one of them decided he would just get mad 'cause he couldn't hit any shots and took himself out. Then we had only 9 and for those of you who know the game, 9 doesn't work. So someone else had to sit out and make it 8. Does this man not realize that I could care less about the game...I am there to sweat!:scared:

B: 5 boiled eggs
L: 5 nuked hot dogs
S: 2 small ribeye steaks and 3 hamburger patties with a small salad and ranch dressing.

Did anyone happen to read the internet news article about how most people who go on Low Carb diets are getting more carbs than they think? My boss is one of them. He decided Fri. that he had to lose 20 lbs. This morning he told me that he did pretty well. He only ate one roll this weekend at a restaurant. Also, he had a potato soup and a piece of chocolate cake! All since Friday. I bit my tongue because after all, he decides how much raise I get next year! I tried to fill him in on Atkins, but he thinks he'll do a quasi-Atkins, South Beach, Hershey chocolate coca cola diet.

My goal on Atkins each day is to stay under 20g carbs. Which really hasn't been that hard.

I hope everyone can follow my new code (TOFGIA) I got really tired of typing "The only fat guy in America" so I went with the abbreviation!

Till Later,

TOFGIA!

Dax

Originally posted by myhandd

he'll do a quasi-Atkins, South Beach, Hershey chocolate coca cola diet.

Hey now that's my kind of diet!!!! LOL Tater day sounds like alot of fun. We have waaaaaaaaaaaay too many festivals down here. There always something bad tempting me. I guess that's why alot of Louisianians are overweight too! Anyhoo you are doing a great job! And I dont think you're the only guy here, I've seen a couple posters of the male persuasion!

I would love to get on a basketball team down here. That would be alot of fun! And softball too, but I think I'll wait a bit until I've lost some more weight.

Hi Dax! :wave:

Super huge OSU fan would probably be an understatement when describing me. You'd never be able to tell that by my signature, though, so I guess I should fix that soon. OSU's in my blood...grandpa ran track there in the late 40's/early 50's, both uncles graduated from there....I had no choice. :p Thanks for the story about Coach Sutton. He's a great man, and I think I wanted this tourney for him as much as I wanted it for the school. A friend and I used to have doughnuts with him every morning at a little off-campus shop. I can't say enough nice things about him. Anyway...

Sorry that your ball game was such a pain in the you know where. There's nothing like just wanting to play and then having to deal with a pouter. Hope you were able to get some sort of a workout in despite the hassles.

Let me know how your boss's diet goes. I would love to try it if he's successful. :rolleyes:

Have a good one!

Dax, I'll also be wondering about the success of your boss' diet - if he makes it work, he can write a book and be RICH! :p Just tell him no sugar and nothing made with white flour! For most Americans, just giving up those 2 things would make a huge difference! ::yes:: Now, if only I could live by that rule!! :teeth: That leaves out pizza & chocolate! :eek: :p

I hope you're having a great Wednesday! :sunny:

Well I am going to send the boss my Atkins book and let him check it out for himself. After speaking with him today, I believe he is leaning more toward South Beach. I can honestly say that I don't know much about it. If someone could post and kinda tell me the differences between Atkins and South Beach I would really appreciate it!

Well I didn't get my walking in today. I am really bummed about that.

B: 5 hot dogs (I boiled the eggs last night and forgot about thema and DW wouldn't let me take them and we had run slap out of eggs! A little salmonella never killed anyone...did it?!?!?)

L: Buffet at Majestic Steak House (yea the Greek owned one) Baked chicken, green beans and pulled ham.

S: 5 hamburger patties small salad with ranch.

Well gotta run!

TOFGIA!

Later!

Dax

Both plans (Atkins & South Beach) strive for about the same amount of protein per day. The rest of the calories then come from fat and carbs - here's where the plans differ. Atkins stresses lower carbs and a higher amount of fat, where South Beach allows a little more in the way of "good" carbs (whole grains, fruits, higher carb veggies) and asks you to be careful about the amount and type of fat you eat.

I hope that helps but if you have more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

I've noticed 2 other guys who have journals! I posted to both of their journals and told them to stop into your journal - just to prove you aren't the ONLY guy here on the WISH journal board! Their user names are solotraveler and stego!

Have a great Thursday, Dax!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter