Dax's Journal

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July Independence Day!:bday: I am living the bachelor life since Tuesday. Rebecca and the kids went to Mississippi for a family reunion, I had to stay and work. I will be driving down Friday after work. It is only a 4 hour drive, not so bad!

I spent my 4th working in the yard, mowing, weed eating , watering the landscaping plants etc.... I worked on the yard from 9 am to 3:30 pm and an amazing thing happened....I was so tired, I didn't even feel like going anywhere or doing anything! When the kids and Rebecca are around, I think, man when they go out of town, I'll do something....something.....oh I've got to face it, I have turned into my boring dad! What a revalation!

Oh well, I picked a couple of handfuls of wild blackberries from a right of way on the side of a road today. Man they were good!

Well, I'll catch up to you guys next week after I return from Missisippi!

Later,

Dax

Just trying to get back caught up with everyone. Love the pics of your kids!

Sounds like life is going well for you.

Hope you have a safe trip to MS this weekend!

Hello everyone! Wow what a great last weekend I had. I went to Tupelo, Mississippi last Friday and visited lot of old friends. Last Saturday, I drove to Ripley, Mississippi and played in a sofball tournament with friends from when I lived in Mississippi. We played until 2 am Sunday Morning and ended up winning the tournament. It has been at least 4 years since I had played last. The first game, I felt very awkward as if I didn't have my legs under me, and I went 2 for 4. The next 4 games, everything clicked and I was hitting the ball hard like I used to and ended up going 11 for 13 in those games (1 of those outs was a homerun that I hit over the fence after we had hit our limit, so that is not too bad).

Gotta run!

Great to hear from new friends (Traceycooper and gold cup mom!)

Dax

Hello everyone! Wow what a great last weekend I had. I went to Tupelo, Mississippi last Friday and visited lot of old friends. Last Saturday, I drove to Ripley, Mississippi and played in a sofball tournament with friends from when I lived in Mississippi. We played until 2 am Sunday Morning and ended up winning the tournament. It has been at least 4 years since I had played last. The first game, I felt very awkward as if I didn't have my legs under me, and I went 2 for 4. The next 4 games, everything clicked and I was hitting the ball hard like I used to and ended up going 11 for 13 in those games (1 of those outs was a homerun that I hit over the fence after we had hit our limit, so that is not too bad).

Gotta run!

Great to hear from new friends (Traceycooper and gold cup mom!)

Dax

Sorry Dax but all that soft ball talk might as well be in arabic for the sense it makes to me :lmao: (Not a game played over here)
Glad you enjoyed it & played well though :)
Have a great week :goodvibes

Welcome Back Dax!:goodvibes

Great job getting back into your softball groove!:cool1: Eleven for thirteen leads to an awesome batting average...Well over .800 I think. Great job!:woohoo:

Hope you have a great Tuesday!:goodvibes

Wow nice job at the Tourney Dax! I bet that felt good and you probably burned a ton of calories too!

Well the ole scale this morning has me at a 17.6 loss since June 1st! I'm pretty darn happy with that! Onward and downward!

For those who wondered, I am still alive. For those who did not, you are alerted anyhow!

Dax

Ladies,

Good to hear from all of you! Things are going pretty well. Been really busy with Blake playing Fall Baseball and Upward Flag Football. I am coaching both.

Talk to ya'll later!

Dax

Hey there Dax
sending a wave from across the pond (not litrally lol) :wave:

I'm glad that things are going well for you, Dax and that you are enjoying coaching flag football. :goodvibes Hope you have a great week!

Ok, so a guy leaves for 2 years and now I am back!

Blake is now 9, Olivia 5.

Blake is an intense baseball, basketball and football player. Olivia is now an Upward Cheerleader.

I am still with the phone company, although I have a new territory. I am now in Paducah/Benton, KY.

Am going to try to update much more often.

Good to be back!:cool1:

Hey Dax! :wave: Good to see you! :goodvibes It's been awhile, huh? ;)

Any trips to Disney planned?

Hope you have a good weekend!:goodvibes

Welcome back! Glad to have you back here on the DIS! How has life been treating you? My gosh I can't believe your kids are that old now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter