Dawes Glacier DG01 - we’re working on it

richtravel

Earning My Ears
Our booking slot opened today and on the minute I tried to book Dawes Glacier and it shows dwarfs with “We’re working on it”.
Does this mean 1. Excursion is fully booked 2. Excursion doesn’t exist 3. They really have a problem?
Do I keep trying as I really want this excursion?
Is it possible to book on day 1?

We're on the July 25 cruise to Alaska, Gold just opened last night and we all got the same message. Friends of ours are cruising two weeks before us and no one in their cruise group has been able to get it either. Speculation is that the bookings are actually now being paused because DCL doesn't know if the vendor will actually be providing this excursion or not.....don't know how true that is because I think May and June cruisers have been able to book it 🤷

Here’s Disney’s response when I emailed to ask if the excursion is booked out or if there’s an error on the page. Seems like a standard response and didn’t actually answer my question/

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

The Dawes Glacier Port Adventure is very popular and books up quickly. The amount of Guests allowed is very limited.

Please keep checking back for availability on the website.

The view from the Disney Wonder is just as fabulous!

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!”

oh man! This is a fabulous excursion! Costs a bit, but well worth it. Fingers crossed you will all be able to book and things open up.

Our booking slot opened today and on the minute I tried to book Dawes Glacier and it shows dwarfs with “We’re working on it”.
Does this mean 1. Excursion is fully booked 2. Excursion doesn’t exist 3. They really have a problem?
Do I keep trying as I really want this excursion?
Is it possible to book on day 1?
Try calling Disney and selecting the option for website issues. They may be able to book it for you. Don't select the option for questions about your sailing because I did that and waited on hold with them for 2.5hrs only to have them transfer me to the website issues team for this issue and that meant another 2 hours on hold. For me I had cancelled one reservation (that had Dawes Glacier already booked) and made a new reservation for two rooms instead of one. I wanted to rebook the Dawes Glacier but kept getting the dwarves. Not sure if it was just because I already had this booked previously that they were able to do this for me or if they would be able to do it for anyone who called as long as there is space. I'm on a May sailing.

Thanks for suggestion. Tried that (20min wait time) and they said I’m the lucky 5000th caller today asking same thing.
They’re not able to waitlist as suggested I email in, which I had already done.
It still very vague as to whether it’s sold out or the vendor hasn’t released activity yet.

I called today as well and was told that they can't even see on their end how many seats are left or if it's sold out. The person I spoke to checked with her supervisor who took our name and promised to look into it for me, but I was told it's a known issue and to keep checking the website.

I’m still getting the “we’re working on it” for our May 30th. Never heard back from the cast member who was helping me either.

I’m on the 5/30 sailing and we were able to book it on Silver opening day at midnight. I suspect it’s sold out if you’re getting that message, as our booking is showing up on our itinerary on the app.

I’m on the 5/30 sailing and we were able to book it on Silver opening day at midnight. I suspect it’s sold out if you’re getting that message, as our booking is showing up on our itinerary on the app.
No one in our end of July cruise group has been able to book it, not even Platinum so no, it's not sold out. Most likely they are still trying to finalize with the vendor and they let bookings go through for the first few cruises and then stopped when they realized there might be an issue. Friends of ours are sailing early July and no one in their cruising group has been able to book it either. Other friends of ours are sailing late in August, Platinum bookings opened last night and again, no one could book it.

S
No one in our end of July cruise group has been able to book it, not even Platinum so no, it's not sold out. Most likely they are still trying to finalize with the vendor and they let bookings go through for the first few cruises and then stopped when they realized there might be an issue. Friends of ours are sailing early July and no one in their cruising group has been able to book it either. Other friends of ours are sailing late in August, Platinum bookings opened last night and again, no one could book it.
So you’re saying there’s a chance 🤣

We are on the May 16th sailing, and my Wife and I have the noon excursion and we are Silver and my Mom has the 3 excursion and this is her first ever cruise.

My comment was directed to the thread in general, but mostly to the poster above who is on my same sailing.

Any possibility it sold out at Concierge level? Unlikely, but a possibility. Either way, it would be nice if Disney confirmed one way or another.

Gold opened for Aug 8th sailing last night at midnight and I'm also getting the dwarves.

I called the support number today and chose the option for issue with the website. They answered immediately and were very helpful. They were able to manually add me to it and even had both times open. We plan to go in late July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter