Davids dvc rentals

I didn't know that we'd have to pay to use towels. I thought that they just wouldn't come in your room and that you can take them from the cart when they are cleaning other rooms. I had no idea. So do you have to keep the dirty towels in your room until the fourth day or can you drop them off somewhere?

You don't have to pay to use towels. Your room is stocked with so many and all units excepts studios have a washer/dryer. You can have additional towels delivered for a small fee. We don't mind using a towel and hanging it up 2-3x so it's never been an issue for us with such short stays. Even for a longer stay, the savings would be worth paying the small towel fee.
My 4 nt OKW studio stay in Jan was only $506 + pay pal fee. I think around $525 total. That's only $131/nt. No tax added. Can you even stay at a value for that much?

Timeshare stays are very different from a regular hotel stay. You don't get daily trash service or maid service. Some resorts give a mid-week cleaning, some don't. I personally don't mind not having people in my room every day. Usually guests have to put their trash in a dumpster or some centrally-located trash bin at check out. Sorry, I can't answer your question about whether towels must stay in your room or not. Someone can probably help you there.

I didn't know that we'd have to pay to use towels. I thought that they just wouldn't come in your room and that you can take them from the cart when they are cleaning other rooms. I had no idea. So do you have to keep the dirty towels in your room until the fourth day or can you drop them off somewhere?

You are not supposed to take them off the cart.

You can either reuse the towels (hang them up), wash them yourself, order a towel package or order extra trash & towel service (or full cleaning).

This is because it is a timeshare and all expenses are paid through member dues. If there was daily housekeeping, dues would probably double. This program is called "pay as you play". Each member or guest makes their own decision on how they want to handle it and if they want to pay for extra.

We are 11 months out on Monday for our next Disney Vacation We are hoping to use Davids and utilize DVC rental for the first time. We are hoping to get a studio at the Grand Floridian Villas. Does anyone with past experience have any info on our likely it will be to get a studio there? Our second choice is BLT. Fingers crossed on of them will work out :)

We are 11 months out on Monday for our next Disney Vacation We are hoping to use Davids and utilize DVC rental for the first time. We are hoping to get a studio at the Grand Floridian Villas. Does anyone with past experience have any info on our likely it will be to get a studio there? Our second choice is BLT. Fingers crossed on of them will work out :)

I think your biggest problem will be whether or not David's has owners at those resorts looking to rent their points. Often, with the premium resorts, owners can make more money by renting themselves. For example, if David pays $11 to the owner and charges you $14, the owner may decide to just rent themselves and take the entire $14. I have read several post of Disser's having a hard time getting BLT or GFV points via David's, so you might want to check the rent/trade board as well (if you are comfortable with that). Having said that, I do know that David's has recently added a "premium" for owners who are renting their points at the 11 month mark at certain resorts, including the 2 you are looking for. I think he is now paying the owners $13 instead of $11. However, I do not know if that translates into more cost for you as a renter. Like a PP, we rent DVC points for almost all our trips and typically rent from an owner. We have paid $14 when it was very important to us to get what we wanted, and we have paid as little as $8/point. We recently stayed at the Treehouses for 3 nights for $9/point, which was a steal and have an upcoming stay at AKV in a value studio for what amounts to $118/night! You just have to look around....I also recommend the website posted by the previous poster.

I contacted David's DVC Rentals for a last minute trip this last July. Ultimately, they didn't have what I was looking for available, but their service was professional, friendly and I also got a very quick reply to any questions I had. My refund was processed very quickly, too.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the future if I needed their service. :)

We just got back from a stay at OKW and we used David's to rent points. All went well.

As others have stated, there is no daily maid service. We brought Tide pods with us and washed all of our towels, washcloths, etc. I had also ordered from Garden Grocer and used the grocery bags for trash, so we just took them out with us each morning and put them in the trash can. Bring your own toiletries too, they don't give you any more than the one set that is in your room when you check in.

We had a positive experience renting points and would do it again. However, I wouldn't stay at OKW again. The room was huge (a 1BR), but it wasn't very clean. We could see spills on the floor (faux wood - linoleum?) and the shower kind of grossed me out. I brought Clorox wipes with me and did some cleaning when we arrived. I've never felt compelled to actually clean a room before, usually I just wipe down the remote, light switches, etc. We did call housekeeping and they came while we were at the parks and supposedly cleaned again.

David's is definitely a reliable place to rent points. Enjoy your trip!

holden, that experience isn't unusual at ANY DVC resort. They are timeshares on a different cleaning schedule, and because people eat in there, they are more likely to get stained and are harder to clean between guests. They are also on a longer refurb schedule than regular hotel rooms. A lot of owners make a habit of cleaning the room when they arrive.

We just got back from a stay at OKW and we used David's to rent points. All went well.

As others have stated, there is no daily maid service. We brought Tide pods with us and washed all of our towels, washcloths, etc. I had also ordered from Garden Grocer and used the grocery bags for trash, so we just took them out with us each morning and put them in the trash can. Bring your own toiletries too, they don't give you any more than the one set that is in your room when you check in.

We had a positive experience renting points and would do it again. However, I wouldn't stay at OKW again. The room was huge (a 1BR), but it wasn't very clean. We could see spills on the floor (faux wood - linoleum?) and the shower kind of grossed me out. I brought Clorox wipes with me and did some cleaning when we arrived. I've never felt compelled to actually clean a room before, usually I just wipe down the remote, light switches, etc. We did call housekeeping and they came while we were at the parks and supposedly cleaned again.

David's is definitely a reliable place to rent points. Enjoy your trip!

How was your Garden Grocer experience? Did you have to be present in the room when the items were delivered?

holden, that experience isn't unusual at ANY DVC resort. They are timeshares on a different cleaning schedule, and because people eat in there, they are more likely to get stained and are harder to clean between guests. They are also on a longer refurb schedule than regular hotel rooms. A lot of owners make a habit of cleaning the room when they arrive.

Despite all the reasons you list why the rooms aren't so clean, an owner/guest shouldn't have to clean on arrival. Given the full $ amount that DVC owners shell out not just to join but annual MF as well, that's ridiculous. It's definitely not the norm in timesharing.

We owned a 3br/3bath TS offsite in Kissimmee for several years and never once felt the need to clean on arrival. :sad2: Our MF was pretty high ($900) but we only paid about 15% of what it would cost to join DVC.
We have also bought Extra Vacations through RCI and stayed at Hilton Grand Vac Club resorts (near Sea World and on International Drive) and those were immaculate.
We have traded approximately 4x through RCI and I think only one trade experience to Williamsburg (Greensprings Plantation) did we wish we had a weed-whacker as the weeds along the curb and around the buildings were crazy high. Even there, the interiors were dated but well maintained and clean.
Personally, I think DVC owners are getting shafted. jmho.

I rent out my bwv points using them every single year. Have had zero issues or complaints.

How was your Garden Grocer experience? Did you have to be present in the room when the items were delivered? Despite all the reasons you list why the rooms aren't so clean, an owner/guest shouldn't have to clean on arrival. Given the full $ amount that DVC owners shell out not just to join but annual MF as well, that's ridiculous. It's definitely not the norm in timesharing. We owned a 3br/3bath TS offsite in Kissimmee for several years and never once felt the need to clean on arrival. :sad2: Our MF was pretty high ($900) but we only paid about 15% of what it would cost to join DVC. We have also bought Extra Vacations through RCI and stayed at Hilton Grand Vac Club resorts (near Sea World and on International Drive) and those were immaculate. We have traded approximately 4x through RCI and I think only one trade experience to Williamsburg (Greensprings Plantation) did we wish we had a weed-whacker as the weeds along the curb and around the buildings were crazy high. Even there, the interiors were dated but well maintained and clean. Personally, I think DVC owners are getting shafted. jmho.

We used GG last week and had zero problems. We did not need to be present when the groceries were delivered to the resort. Bell services kept our items (including cold items cold) and delivered them to our room when we called them.

Despite all the reasons you list why the rooms aren't so clean, an owner/guest shouldn't have to clean on arrival. Given the full $ amount that DVC owners shell out not just to join but annual MF as well, that's ridiculous. It's definitely not the norm in timesharing.

I agree, we shouldn't. I will however say that the reality is that some rooms apparently need to be cleaned better and finding a room in need of cleaning is not unheard of at ANY DVC reort. Plus, quite honestly, some people are pickier than others about cleanliness. In a dozen years we've never gotten a room that I felt hadn't been adequately cleaned - no dust, its been vacuumed and mopped and the bathrooms have been cleaned - but I've gotten plenty of rooms with stains, rips, marks on the wall, refrigerators that had rust, tile grout in need of regrouting that had stained, burned out lightbulbs, missing drawer pulls.....But I am also not picky - I'm the type of person who knows that you aren't ripping up the entire carpet for a stain - and stains are stains.

Other people have either been in dirtier rooms (and some stories are indeed about dirty unacceptable rooms - even by my lax standards) or have higher standards (and this is more common - where people expect the room to be in pristine shape - but grape juice was spilled on the couch by a previous guest months ago).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter