Davids dvc rentals

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
Has anyone rented from them before? My friend just told me about them. Has anyone used them and how does it work?

They have a efficient professional set-up. I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them (though we are members so we don't have to).

I have and they were amazing! Basically they act as a middle man for you and someone who wants to "rent" out their DVC points. Davids require a fee to search for you and if they find something that you have requested then it get applied to the cost of the rental. If not , you get the fee back but because of this you need to be absolutely sure about your days. In our case we requested a hotel room at Aulani. There were no hotel rooms available for our time but there was a studio. They gave us a choice of booking the studio or getting our initial fee back (we took the studio!) It was quite smooth and the check in was totally fine, no hassles-the DVC owner sets up the check in (if I remember correctly) but there is an faq on Davids site and they are great with answering questions too. Bottom line is I would use them again.

Has anyone rented from them before? My friend just told me about them. Has anyone used them and how does it work?

yep, david acts as a broker between you and a DVC owner.

read the FAQ on his webpage - it will answer a lot!

as with most DVC rentals, there are no refunds for cancellations (so be sure of your dates) and very limited housekeeping is included with the stay. most studios (besides OKW) will only have 1 real bed and 1 pullout sofabed.

We have worked with David's Vacation Club several times and have been EXTREMELY pleased with the services he provides.

Like others have said, please make sure that your dates are definite, it is vital, because there is no refund for cancelations

I haven't rented from them but have worked with them to rent my points out. Very efficient service and the company provides a bit of a guarentee to both parties.

If you were to rent from someone directly either you would pay the entire fee up front and they would have all the money and have no real incentive to make sure their account stays in good standing and not cancel your reservation and you could be SOL or if you only paid say half and they got the rest after the start of your stay you would already be there and they would have little recourse if you didn't pay the other half.

With David's you pay the full fee up front but Davids holds half of it. The owner gets half up front and the other half after you check in. So this way no one is really gambling with more then half the total amount.

It also meant I didn't have to do more work to find a renter then fill out David's form and respond do a couple emails.

To those who have rented before?
I am wanting to rent DVC for next Thanksgiving. The week before and week of. My son has his heart set on BLT. Have you been able to get the resort you are looking for? We will be booking 11 months in advance - the first day allowed.
I am concerned we wont get the resort we want. We are a family of 3 so we want a studio. :goodvibes

Do you get regular housekeeping if you rent a DVC? Someone mentioned that you get limited housekeeping with DVC. Thanks for mentioning it, but what does limited housekeeping mean? Thank you.

Do you get regular housekeeping if you rent a DVC? Someone mentioned that you get limited housekeeping with DVC. Thanks for mentioning it, but what does limited housekeeping mean? Thank you.

If you are booking with points (which renting is), you get limited housekeeping per DVC rules. You have the option to pay for additional services. When they say rental guests, they mean through CRO, not with points.

Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

This Resort hotel offers a 24-hour self-service laundry room. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms also feature in-unit washers and dryers.

Trash & Towel Service

For stays of 7 or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace bath amenities as needed.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Full Cleaning Service

For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both. This process repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the vacation villa.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.
Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full Cleaning Services every day.

For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:

Full Cleaning Service for Deluxe Studio - $30 per day requested
Full Cleaning Service for 1-Bedroom Villa - $45 per day requested
Full Cleaning Service for 2-Bedroom Villa - $60 per day requested
Full Cleaning Service for 3-Bedroom Grand Villa - $75 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Service Daily Rates:

Trash & Towel Service for Deluxe Studio - $15 per day requested
Trash & Towel service for 1-Bedroom Villa - $20 per day requested
Trash & Towel service for 2-Bedroom Villa - $25 per day requested
Trash & Towel service for 3-Bedroom Grand Villa - $35 per day requested

Pay As You Play

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

Toiletries Package, $5 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1 - 1 box

To those who have rented before?
I am wanting to rent DVC for next Thanksgiving. The week before and week of. My son has his heart set on BLT. Have you been able to get the resort you are looking for? We will be booking 11 months in advance - the first day allowed.
I am concerned we wont get the resort we want. We are a family of 3 so we want a studio. :goodvibes

First decide if you will rent directly from an owner or if you will go through a broker like David's. If you chose the direct route you will need to find someone who is trying to rent BLT points that don't expire before your trip. As a pp mentioned a broker provides an extra level of protection but you pay for it.
I've rented direct around 6x and never had a problem. I have paid between $9-12 per point. David's charges $14 per pt. Only you can decide what you're comfortable with.

First decide if you will rent directly from an owner or if you will go through a broker like David's. If you chose the direct route you will need to find someone who is trying to rent BLT points that don't expire before your trip. As a pp mentioned a broker provides an extra level of protection but you pay for it.
I've rented direct around 6x and never had a problem. I have paid between $9-12 per point. David's charges $14 per pt. Only you can decide what you're comfortable with.

DVC points currently are ranging from $14- $18 a points.

As others have said, it's a great setup. They are very nice and professional. I don't mind paying a little extra for a little more peace of mind.

We've used them for stays at AKL in the past and currently have a stay booked for next August at the Grand Californian. They can book up to 11 months in advance but only if they have someone with enough points for the stay. It took them about 3 weeks to find enough points for our Grand Cali stay (1 BR for three nights). If they can't find it they'll refund you.

DVC points currently are ranging from $14- $18 a points.

I beg to differ. I got $9 pp for a 1 nt stay pre cruise at BCV in March, $12 pp for a 1 nt stay pre cruise at SSR a few weeks ago, $11 pp for a 4-nt stay at OKW coming up in Jan and $12 pp for a 2-nt stay at BCV precruise Easter 2015.
Sure, they're all short stays and I might be more desperate for a longer stay but so far it's been working for us since we first tried renting in late 2011. I've never paid more than $12 pp.

I beg to differ. I got $9 pp for a 1 nt stay pre cruise at BCV in March, $12 pp for a 1 nt stay pre cruise at SSR a few weeks ago, $11 pp for a 4-nt stay at OKW coming up in Jan and $12 pp for a 2-nt stay at BCV precruise Easter 2015.
Sure, they're all short stays and I might be more desperate for a longer stay but so far it's been working for us since we first tried renting in late 2011. I've never paid more than $12 pp.

How do you find the owners you use? In the section here on the Dis? I have tried to research there before and end up getting frustrated and confused! Is there a site you know of dedicated to buying DVC points that is not a middle man? I have seen the disclaimers about sellers not soliciting too and then I panic and think I could possibly do something wrong, seems so tricky-LOL!

How do you find the owners you use? In the section here on the Dis? I have tried to research there before and end up getting frustrated and confused! Is there a site you know of dedicated to buying DVC points that is not a middle man? I have seen the disclaimers about sellers not soliciting too and then I panic and think I could possibly do something wrong, seems so tricky-LOL!

I have rented through owners on the rent/trade section of disboards and also on another site that wont let me post here. It's a compound word that means owners of a mouse. Then .com. They also have a rent/trade board.

Was that direct with a member or through a broker? The broker typically takes $3 - $4 a point.

Was that direct with a member or through a broker? The broker typically takes $3 - $4 a point.

Directly from a member. I can see why David's is popular as a fast and trustworthy way to rent points. I guess I'm a trusting person. I don't pay until I see my res in MDE which of course is no guarantee it will be there in the future but at least I know the person I'm negotiating with is really a DVC owner
For those less trusting of strangers there's always David's.

I have rented through owners on the rent/trade section of disboards and also on another site that wont let me post here. It's a compound word that means owners of a mouse. Then .com. They also have a rent/trade board.

Thanks for the reply-now that I have used Davids I am totally ready to try and do it myself but wasnt sure if there were other resources besides here-thanks again!

I didn't know that we'd have to pay to use towels. I thought that they just wouldn't come in your room and that you can take them from the cart when they are cleaning other rooms. I had no idea. So do you have to keep the dirty towels in your room until the fourth day or can you drop them off somewhere?

Things to know with a DVC rental....

1) Plan on the rental being non refundable - with no changes - and definately so if you work with a broker. You might get an owner willing to try and move it around, but its tough.

2) In order to rent, you need to find an owner - a broker will do a match for you, but sometimes there are more people looking to rent - especially at popular resorts at popular times - than owners looking to rent their points. This might be a problem for BLT around Thanksgiving - have a backup plan (like another DVC resort or paying cash).

3) In addition to limited housekeeping, which has been discussed - DVC studios (except at OKW) have a queen bed and a full pullout couch. The pullout is comfy for a pullout, but if you want two real beds, your option is OKW or a CRO reservation. Studios at Villas Wilderness Lodge and Villas Grand Floridian also have a pull down murphy twin bed and sleep five - you cannot put five in any other studios. To put the murphy bed in, you give up storage space, so you have five people in a smaller than a usual deluxe Disney hotel room with little storage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter