David & Ian - PJ & TR Sept 17th 2009 - Epcot UK/Attic/UK Lockside - TR Starts PG 14

Hiya, UK DIS bride here! I just read through your whole PJ and i love everything so far! We are having Misty too- her photos are just magical arent they!?

You are from the UK, and you got jobs in Epcot, may i ask, what kind of process did you have to go through to live / work out there for a year? I only ask because DF and i plan to move to Orlando after we get married, and we just keep hearing all these horror stories about being let into the US, and the visas .. was it hard for you?

I have just been reading back over the thread and I realised that I missed your post! I love Misty's photos, and i cannot hear enough good things about her so we are very excited.

We both applied directly to Disney to work, but I think they also use a recruitment agency in the UK. Our contarct was only for 1 year and our Visa matched that, so we could not stay after out job had finished. If you want any more information just send me a PM - I dont want to get off topic and get told off!!!!

How fantastic that you're getting married where you first met!! That is soooooo lovely!!!! :lovestruc I would to do that, but I don't really fancy getting married on over Myspace or on Platform 2 at Newcastle Train Station!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Ha Ha!!! That would be one to see! You could both arrive on trains, maybe make it Thomas themed!!!! :goodvibes

Just thought I would add some pictures of our jacket and waiscoat!

Jacket.jpg
waistcoat.jpg

We are renting them in the UK to take out with us. We didn't want to have to worry about them once we got to Florida. Some of our friends are kindly returning them for us!

Jacket.jpg
waistcoat.jpg

We are renting them in the UK to take out with us. We didn't want to have to worry about them once we got to Florida. Some of our friends are kindly returning them for us!
Very nice!!

And good idea on getting people to take them back for you!! My Mum will be taking my dress back so I don't have to worry about on Honeymoon! (She doesn't know this yet!)

Well the bit you've all been waiting for...the food. We will be having lunch at 12pm after we have said a few words, no formal speaches, we're just not into that. So our food is as follows:

Bacon and Cheese Potato Skins
Breaded Mozzarella
Salad Station
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Corn on the cob
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Chicken Breasts
+ relish and sauces

Followed by Caramel Apple Tart (Like the serve at the Liberty Tree Tavern) and Chocolate Brownies.

Yum!!!!! Our menu is obviously a bit "different" than you would expect at a normal wedding but hey we like different. It also came as a bit of shock to some people when we told the what we were having :eek: :eek: :eek: but they're coming around. Our silverwear will be kept in the wedding colours and will be rolled in red, yellow and black linens.

We are having some unusually nice weather here in the UK at the moment and the sun is out so I'll leave it there for now and bring more updates later.

See ya real soon!

Yum! Your food sounds absolutely delicious! It all sounds like it will go really well together! We aren't doing our wedding in a 'normal' style either... It's lovely seeing couples make things unique and their own! :lovestruc

Jacket.jpg
waistcoat.jpg

Love your jackets and waistcoats! Very nice!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Yum! Your food sounds absolutely delicious! It all sounds like it will go really well together! We aren't doing our wedding in a 'normal' style either... It's lovely seeing couples make things unique and their own! :lovestruc

We really wanted to do something unique rather than the usual sit down meal. We really loved the Attic as a location and they only do buffet's anyway so we kind of just ended up with this. It's a modified Disney menu, called a Chip and Dale menu. We added the breaded mozzarella and potato skins and few other things too, then they just modified the price.

I love all of your plans!
I remember seeing your STDs on a thread on the main weddings page awhile back and thinking they are sooo awesome!

I love the Mickey colors theme too.

If DF and I were to get married where we met it would have to be in the MK cinema so that ain't happening for us, although I was joking it would be funny to get married on the steps of City Hall at the MK, kinda like a Disney courthouse wedding lol.

I like your reception menu too. No one has to ask what anything is or taste it to see if they like it. Too bad you can't get those hamburgers Mickey shaped like at DLRP, that would fit your theme!

Can't wait to read more, and see more pics! popcorn::

OMG I LOVE the STD's... imean really in love with them
Your update with the mickey sandwich is making me very jealous also...Your trip to Tiffany's was awesome...you totally haveto take the bag to disney to make sure it gets around lolol...

Look forward to reading more guys!

OMG I LOVE the STD's... imean really in love with them
Your update with the mickey sandwich is making me very jealous also...Your trip to Tiffany's was awesome...you totally haveto take the bag to disney to make sure it gets around lolol...

Look forward to reading more guys!

LOL we carried the Tiffany bag a few places, the only thing in it was our camera, but it certainly drew some attention!!!! On out last day at DL we did actually have the rings with us though. We had left our bags with the reception at the hotel where we stayed, but we weren't taking the risk with those.

Thank you all for your comments on the save the dates, a lot of thought went into these and we think they came out great!

May i ask - as i love your menu - how much you have managed to get the Per Person food & beverage down to with that menu??

That is the kinda menu we want to go for - its so different - we definately dont want no fancy stuff as our wedding isnt going to be fancy or posh- its gonna be fun and laid back so we want fun food!

oh and thanks for the advice about the jobs in disney - If i need any info and advice i will pm you!

May i ask - as i love your menu - how much you have managed to get the Per Person food & beverage down to with that menu??

That is the kinda menu we want to go for - its so different - we definately dont want no fancy stuff as our wedding isnt going to be fancy or posh- its gonna be fun and laid back so we want fun food!

oh and thanks for the advice about the jobs in MK - If i need any info and advice i will pm you!

At the Attic for a lunch recpetion the minimum F&B spend is $2000, excluding cake. We had a few guests drop out so we had to add some extra stuff to it. Our modified menu was $61 per head, but we also have the free bar, fruit on arrival and some champagne within the minimum spend. We got ours to the very minimum going over by only 15 cents. It all really depends on how many guests you've got as to how you make it work.

Let me know if you want to know any more?

David

thanks for that - that is really good you only went over 15 cents!! hah!

it helps seeing other peoples menus, like yours that have managed to stay on the minimum and get a great deal of food out of it... i will have to make a note of the menu and price and send it to our planner!

ta! :goodvibes

thanks for that - that is really good you only went over 15 cents!! hah!

it helps seeing other peoples menus, like yours that have managed to stay on the minimum and get a great deal of food out of it... i will have to make a note of the menu and price and send it to our planner!

ta! :goodvibes

I like to stay on budget, especially since we don't have a lot of people.

The menu is called the Chip & Dale rehersal dinner but remember we modified it slightly to include a few extra items (and remove one - Saurkraut - ewww).

Have you got your planner yet?

Wow! That's amazing that you are over by 15cents! That could be a disney record!! Well done! (menu looks great too! I'm going to save a copy if you dont mind. :))

I like to stay on budget, especially since we don't have a lot of people.

The menu is called the Chip & Dale rehersal dinner but remember we modified it slightly to include a few extra items (and remove one - Saurkraut - ewww).

Have you got your planner yet?

oh the Chip & Dale menu- i will remember that.. no we dont have a planner yet- our wedding is november 2010 so we only have a co ordinator at the moment, and she is Diane- really nice!

Are you having a planning session? Im going to find it really hard not having one because of being in the UK, i dont think we will be able to afford to go before the wedding so it'll be wierd!

Wow! That's amazing that you are over by 15cents! That could be a disney record!! Well done! (menu looks great too! I'm going to save a copy if you dont mind. :))

15 cents on the food part. Overall we are over by about $127 on the $10,000 miniumum. There are things we could probably cut if we needed too but we're pretty happy to be honest.

Are you having a planning session? Im going to find it really hard not having one because of being in the UK, i dont think we will be able to afford to go before the wedding so it'll be wierd!

We really couldn't afford to go for a planning session unfortunately but our planner has everything under control so we aren't too worried. We arrive a good few days before the wedding so will have chance then to raise any issues and I trust in Disney's standards to get it right for us - they know what they're doing.

I :love: your PJ so much I almost burnt dinner :eek: reading it cause I didn't want to stop!

You guys look like an adorable couple!

I'm subscribing :goodvibes

I :love: your PJ so much I almost burnt dinner :eek: reading it cause I didn't want to stop!

You guys look like an adorable couple!

I'm subscribing :goodvibes

LOL I hope your dinner tastes good!

I'll make more updates later this week.

So after lunch we will cut the cake.

Now we had a bit of a dilema with the cake as we were really unsure as to what we wanted it to look like. We opted for a 2 tier mad hatter as this fits with our "quirky" theme and will be really unexpected by our guests.

The bottom layer will be yellow cake with a strawberry jam/jelly and butter cream filling. The top layer will be yellow cake with chocolate chips and with a beglian chocolate filling. I can't wait to taste it as I have read so may great comments about the cakes from the bakery.

We had a look at the pictures of the cakes that our WP sent through an also and the online resource!!!! but we didn't find anything that we really liked all toegther. There were bits of one and bits of another but nothing that we wanted them to copy. So we have told the WP our colours (red, yellow and black) and sent a few pics of what we liked and a few pics of what we didn't like and told her to have the bakery be creative!!!!!!!!! :scared1: I am not really scared as I have seen their creativeness and am just really excited to see what we get. It' s nice following all the planning to know that there is still some surprises left for us on the day too.

We will be also having a our special guest showing up after lunch too. Yes the big cheese himself will be arriving to spend some time with us. We haven't told anyone about it but I suspect that most people think he's coming anyway, but we are really excited, it's not every day that Mickey Mouse shows up at your wedding.

We have decdied we are not going to be having a first dance or anything, it's not really us. So we will be wrapping things up about 2:30/3pm and heading back to our hotels for an afternoon break before the evening festivities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter