• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

David & Ian - PJ & TR Sept 17th 2009 - Epcot UK/Attic/UK Lockside - TR Starts PG 14

I LOVE your Tiffany pictures!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting that you booked Misty. I have her booked too. She does such amazing work!

Your save the dates are outstanding!!!!!!!!!! Very unique and creative!!!

I can't wait to see more!

Congrats on getting your date for the wedding!! I feel like a slacker and that we need to purchase our rings too!! We are getting ours from Tiffany's as well so I know exactly which ones you got!! Very nice!!

We will have to compare notes, I hope you manage to get the 3 hour treatment and try on every ring in the shop! We only got ours early because it was convenient

I love the pictures of you guys and the ring everywhere! Now I'm getting ideas for our trip to WDW! hehehe :thumbsup2

I expect to see you with your rings on Splash Mountain now!

I LOVE your Tiffany pictures!!!!!!!!!!

How exciting that you booked Misty. I have her booked too. She does such amazing work!

Your save the dates are outstanding!!!!!!!!!! Very unique and creative!!!

I can't wait to see more!

Thanks for all the comments, everybody has nothing but praise for Misty so we are really excited to have her as our photographer! I am sure we will not be disapointed!

Those wedding rings travelled the whole of Disneyland Park that day. We had checked out of the hotel but left the bags at the front desk until we went to the airport later. They were just too precious to leave so we though it was safer to have them with us.

I have just spent the weekend making invitations, with DIS for company of course! (Why did nobody tell me lurkyloo had another trip report up!!!) I was going to post pictures of those but I suddenly realised that I haven't even posted information about other things that have already happened.... such as buying our wedding rings!

I know that it is quite a way off our wedding date, but we knew that we wanted rings from Tiffany's. With this in mind and a favourable exchange rate we decided to purchase them when we were in Las Vegas at the end of September.

Wait - you were at Disneyland at the end of September? WE were at Disneyland at the end of September! Shoot - maybe our trips overlapped and we could have met up.... :headache: Instead, you'll have to read all about what we were doing without you in my trip report... if I ever get to the Disneyland day.... :rolleyes:

Wait - you were at Disneyland at the end of September? WE were at Disneyland at the end of September! Shoot - maybe our trips overlapped and we could have met up.... :headache: Instead, you'll have to read all about what we were doing without you in my trip report... if I ever get to the Disneyland day.... :rolleyes:

They probably did overlap, we were at disneyland for 10 days! Would have loved a meet! I will be looking in the background of all your photographs to see if I am in any of them!

We did manage to do EVERY attraction in the park in one day however (except the Tiki Room and the Monorail!) and we also manged Soarin', Midway Mania and Tower of Terror in the same day! My feet knew about that afterwards, it took 2 visits to the foot massagers in Brookstone to sort those out!!:rotfl2:

Ps. Nice plug for your new trip report! :goodvibes

They probably did overlap, we were at disneyland for 10 days! Would have loved a meet! I will be looking in the background of all your photographs to see if I am in any of them!

We did manage to do EVERY attraction in the park in one day however (except the Tiki Room and the Monorail!) and we also manged Soarin', Midway Mania and Tower of Terror in the same day! My feet knew about that afterwards, it took 2 visits to the foot massagers in Brookstone to sort those out!!:rotfl2:

Ps. Nice plug for your new trip report! :goodvibes

:rotfl:

Congrats on seeing (almost) it all in one day! :faint:

OMG!!! I LOVE YOUR STD'S!!! They are seriously the coolest ever!!

I did college program in Fall 2003, I worked MGM merchandise. I knew a guy named Nate who worked in UK around then. I wonder if we met.

Hey Guys,

I'm from the UK too and am actually flying out to WDW in 11 days to work at....The Rose and Crown!! I am so excited. I love hearing stories of how people met their partners whilst they were on an International Program.

That's what I was hoping would happen to me, until I met my boyfriend over here a few months ago. Now I'm trying to convince him that he would love to come to WDW to visit me next year, despite his best efforts to tell me he thinks Disney is rubbish!! Don't worry everyone, he only does it to wind me up, he will of course be turned into a Disney lover the moment he steps foot on WDW soil!

Anyway, I'm loving your PJ and look forward to hearing more!! Oh and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Save the Date cards :thumbsup2

We had aout planning session with the floral planner this week. We went into this not expecting that we would need much, since we were not having a bride we figured what floral would we need?????

Boy was I wrong!

I felt like I agreed to so many differnt things and she presented so many different options, it was all quite exciting really. There are so many options to choose from I just hope it all falls within our budget. Rather than flowers we will be having balloon bouquets as our centrepieces which we thought could double as favours also we got the chocolate Mickey's for everyone too. Then we got glowing gel things for the desert party.

I just can't wait to see what it's all gonna look like.

I feel like the last major thing for us to take care of now if the officiant, we just can't decide? Disney sent us a list and we have been in touch with each of them but are still no closer to a decision, I am sure we will have inspiration soon.

Hey

Sorry for the long gap between udates, the last few weeks have been crazy, between planning for the Holidays, a trip to Disneyland Paris and work I don't feel like i've stopped. We have managed to squeeze some Wedding planning into it all and now have our officiant booked (Thanks Rob!). I now feel like we have all the major bases covered and we just have to figure out what we are going to wear and show up - right????

Most of our friends are starting to book their flights and get organised with hotels and so forth, so it's all starting to come together. We just need to finish our invitations and an itinerary of events so that people know what we are doing during the first week. We will be in Orlando for 3 weeks and plan to spend time with Family and friends in the first week and then it's see ya later folks! We don't want to spend out honeymoon with our parents!!!!

We decided that we would try and co-ordinate some planned events for people to join if they want too, but what we don't want to happen is for us to try and trail 15 people around a theme park or it will be a night mare. Most of our events are meals or tours where we can meet for a period of time and then people can go off and do other things without feeling like they are ditching the group or missing out on something they want to do.

Just thought i'd post a few pics of our trip to Disneyland Paris, we went at the end of November and it was really cold but all festive it was great. We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights which gave us 5 days in the parks. It was really quiet for most of the week but then Saturday was really busy but we had done most of the things we wanted too so we weren't too bothered.

P1010022-1.jpg

P1010035-1.jpg

P1010038-1.jpg

P1010105-1.jpg

P1010101-1.jpg

Ok, I am onboard this PJ!

Another UK DISer here :goodvibes I just LOVE your STDs - I think that's so clever! I showed them to DF and he wanted them :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans :thumbsup2

Enjoying your PJ!

Is that a Mickey Mouse hamburger bun/hamburger in your picture from DLP? OMG if it is!!! :yay:

Yes that is definately a Mickey shaped burger, DLP has cool food!!!! Although expensive with the exchange rate as it currently is. That burger fries and drink cost about $17.

OOh just found this!!! Cool pics of Disneyland Paris!!

Thanks, we had a great time, we try to go most years around Christmas time.

Just noticed in your signature that you're going to see the Little Mermaid on Broadway - I am really jealous!!!! I have heard really good reviews, I want to hear all about it.

I just read through your PJ and loved it so far! I'm so jealous of the Disney Paris trips! And I have to agree with everyone else, your STD's are simply the best yet! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your plans. Congratulations on the engagement, you make a great couple! :cheer2:

Just found your PJ link over on a thread on the UK board! Can't believe I've missed it al this time!!!

Plans sound awesome!! :) I especially love to hear about British WDW weddings, and how perfect since that's where you two met!! :)

Will be lurking round here now for the rest of the year!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It feels like such a long time since we last made an update on here, I guess life just gets in the way a lot of the time. Between work and general things around the home we just never seem the find the time. This wedding will be upon us in just over 7 months and we still have lots to organise although the bul of it is done we just need to work on the small aspects.

Our officiant is booked and we are working on preparing our ceremony with her. She is absolutely wonderful and is guiding us through it and I feel like she really wants to make our day special. Our other dilema at the moment is what to do for our staged exit??? We had originally planned bubbles but then decided that they might be a little bit over the top. The floral co-ordinator suggested ribbon wands or petals but we both thought that this was just too camp for a comimitment ceremony. We can't have Mickey confetti as it's not biodegradable so if anyone has any suggestions please let us know.

Promise i'll try and make more regular updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter