DaveInTN's Lame Attempt at a Trip Report - NOW COMPLETE

Really enjoying reading this!

So, do you think Tink didn't fly because she weighed in at over 125 lbs?
Could be! :lmao: It was a very nice evening weather wise. If there is high wind or lightening within 25 miles she won't fly, but we had neither of those. Maybe she stopped for pizza on the way into work. :rotfl:

Dave, if you want to see Snow White on your next trip, you've got to head to Epcot. I must have seen her 600 times to the left of the Hummel shop in Germany last week.

That girl gets around!

Dave, if you want to see Snow White on your next trip, you've got to head to Epcot. I must have seen her 600 times to the left of the Hummel shop in Germany last week.

That girl gets around!
That's where our third encounter with her was. I'll have to remember that though. Next trip, I am all over that Hummel shop! Thanks for the tip!

Wanted to ask what the dessert party is. How does one go about getting into it?

This is a great report! You've got a beautiful family!

Wow, Dave, now I understand why you feel the way you do about that EB! I love how she is mocking you in that photo. I am definitely on Team DaveInTN on this one.

He proceeded to tell us some things we didn’t know. Now, the biggest revelation to me, and I realize I’m probably the only dope in the world that didn’t know this, is that Tink is a real person! I always thought it was just some Disney lighted animatronic thingy. I had NO idea a real person came down on that wire. Holy crap!

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but I have to say that I am surprised that you have not seen the many previous threads about the controversial Tinkerbell. This one is, by far, my favorite:

Tinkerbill?

There are some wild rumors about that little fairy!

TCD

We met Snow White at Hollywood Studios - this was in 2005. (Ignore my pose, please...)
snowwhite.jpg

Not trying to rub it in your face or anything.... but since that was YOU that knocked so loud and woke me up? And then I saw you running from my camper.....:lmao:

We became "experts" that year on Character greets because our kids refused to ride anything more exciting than Peter Pan, 'cept Buzz of course that was acceptable too. Anyway we spent countless hours in lines to meet them all.

One tip for future autograph hunters - when you enter the parks you can get a map and the little 8.5 x 3 sheet called the "Times Guide & New Info" - they pass them out at the entrances or near the entrances - and the sheets have the weekly info printed for each park. On the back they give the Characters names, locations and times they can be met. They do this for each park and they change frequently.

Sometimes you luck out though - that year we met Pocahontas on the fly - she was on her way for a personal greet near the Castle and the CM let us get her autograph. Actually said - "hurry, before anyone else sees her"....

Wanted to ask what the dessert party is. How does one go about getting into it?

This is a great report! You've got a beautiful family!
I called the 407-WDWDINE phone number once they announced dates and booked it that way. Not sure if you can book it online through the dining system. Unless they have extended it again, it is due to end around January 2nd IIRC. As popular as it's been, I wouldn't be surprised to see them extend again.

And thanks on the compliments!

Not trying to rub it in your face or anything.... but since that was YOU that knocked so loud and woke me up? And then I saw you running from my camper.....:lmao:

:rotfl2:

One tip for future autograph hunters - when you enter the parks you can get a map and the little 8.5 x 3 sheet called the "Times Guide & New Info" - they pass them out at the entrances or near the entrances - and the sheets have the weekly info printed for each park. On the back they give the Characters names, locations and times they can be met. They do this for each park and they change frequently.

Thanks for the tip!

This trip report just keeps getting better (and funnier!) Glad to hear about the Dessert Buffet. We were sorely tempted to give it a whirl last month, but the price mad me leery of ending up with paying a fortune for Hostess cupcakes and ho-hos. :rolleyes:

If they still have it next time we're there, you've got me convinced to give it a whirl. :thumbsup2

We had a strange Monday night, due to the excessive amounts of sugar we all ingested at the Wishes Dessert Party. Had a tough time going to sleep, and then crashed and slept like the dead. And not surprisingly, after our bodies burned through that sugar and worked hard all night storing it away as nice new fat deposits, we awoke HUNGRY! Good thing I had planned for this! :woohoo:

We had 9:30 ADR’s at Chef Mickey’s! Now, I wasn’t excited to be going for the food. That was secondary to getting some quality face time with the Big Cheese. Minnie that is. Don't forget, I have 4 girls. Minnie is the Queen Bee.

So as far as the food, we had heard that Chef Mickey’s food left a bit to be desired, but that breakfast was the better of the meals. At least this seemed to be the consensus on the DIS dining boards. And you know what…that wasn’t far off. We certainly ate enough, but I can’t say it’s the best breakfast I’ve ever had. Sort of like a really high priced Shoney’s buffet. But as I said, we weren’t here just for the food. So let’s get to some character pics.

2945822710101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2019486590101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2273659990101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2922470100101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2070237750101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2696058900101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2462353860101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2945316210101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2482501100101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2397056360101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

You will notice something in the above pictures. I am holding DD3 for all the character shots. Not surprisingly, she was afraid of all the "non-princess" characters...except she finally agreed to be photographed with one of them minus Dad. Guess who??

2823166590101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

You just can't beat Minnie.

Ok, so all the characters came by, we stuffed ourselves, and paid the bill. Our plan was to hop the boat back to the Fort after breakfast for some downtime. That was the plan at least. But, after ingesting 3 or 4 plates of mediocre food, a walk seemed in order. And it occurred to me that there is a certain walking path from the Contemporary to a certain theme park. And we had AP’s just sitting there in my wallet. So, we WALKED!

We’ve never stayed at the Contemporary, but being within a 10 minute walk of the MK is certainly one of the compelling reasons to do so. In fact, the walk was so short it barely was enough to burn off one ear of one Mickey Waffle. But, at the end of the path we were standing at the gates to the MK, so all was well. :yay:

Immediately after entering, we climbed the steps to the train platform and boarded a waiting train. The three older DD’s and I got off at the Frontierland station, while DW and DD3 continued on to Toon Town to track down some fairies.

2847785060101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2991683020101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

2132612860101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

The girls and I rode BTM together, and then jumped over to Splash Mountain. It was a chilly day, so I really didn’t want to get wet. So, we were pleased to get seats in row 3. Hopefully we would be shielded on the big drops. Unfortunately, good fortune was not on our side on this day. We were in the wrong place at the wrong time when a nearby log went down the big hill, throwing a plume of water right up onto us. We were soaked. And cold. But, it was fun.

We then headed over to Toon Town to see what DW and DD3 were up to. Well, we found them in the gift shop. Trying on princess dresses. And as I mentioned in an earlier thread, we bought one. We don’t get sucked in too often, but every once in a while it happens. This was one of those times. But, nearly a week after arriving back home, DD3 still hasn’t stopped wearing that Sleeping Beauty dress.

2574116400101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

Check out DD9's shirt in this shot. We made those for our last trip. All 6 of us wore tshirts with this design to the HDDR on that trip. Thanks again to Rog for that one! :thumbsup2

2400490180101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

Well, that was our Tuesday. Next up....a little EPCOT, and a little DTD.

This trip report just keeps getting better (and funnier!) Glad to hear about the Dessert Buffet. We were sorely tempted to give it a whirl last month, but the price mad me leery of ending up with paying a fortune for Hostess cupcakes and ho-hos. :rolleyes:

If they still have it next time we're there, you've got me convinced to give it a whirl. :thumbsup2
I think you'd like it. I snapped a few photos of the buffet on my phone that evening but ended up deleting them. But they had lots of good fruit tarts, creme brulees, cheesecakes, chocolate stuff, chocolate covered strawberries, little peanut butter pies...and on and on. Had to be 15 different desserts. And I tried them all!

It wasn't cheap at $119 for the 6 of us. But I justified it as we didn't eat dinner that night...so it counted as dinner AND dessert...plus it was just plain fun!

Dave , I have so enjoy'd your pics and reports,,hope ya gotta few more.
You may not believe this but when Denise and I start'd going to Disney, you could walk up to ANY restaurant without ressies at any time and get in. AND the food at EVERY restaurant was absolutely TOP NOTCH.
Ain't so anymore, :sad2:

Dave , I have so enjoy'd your pics and reports,,hope ya gotta few more.
You may not believe this but when Denise and I start'd going to Disney, you could walk up to ANY restaurant without ressies at any time and get in. AND the food at EVERY restaurant was absolutely TOP NOTCH.
Ain't so anymore, :sad2:
Yep Frank...I have about three more posts to cover I think.

And it is sad about the food quality. There are certainly some restaurants we enjoy. Personally, I love 50's PTC! We really like Roaring Fork for counter service. And we always enjoy Earl of Sandwich, in particular for the value. But overall, we do meals more for the experience than the food. And that's too bad...but I guess when so many people are getting "free" food it becomes a quantity over quality thing.

Oh well, it doesn't stop us, does it? :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter