• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DATS - Drink Around The Ship!

Why would the goose be gone for part duex? Hmmmm...you better get a BIG flask if you plan on sharing! Do they make 32 oz flasks?
:goodvibes Why yes, yes they do. http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/32oztravelerand8482.aspx
On a Royal Caribbean cruise, you have to sneak your alcohol. It is NOT permitted. And since there isn't much chatter on the Dis about RCCL, I had to turn to another source to learn all there is to know about RCCL before our first cruise with Royal last Oct. I was searching the threads on Cruise Critic and there are hundreds of tiresome threads about sneaking your alcohol and how various people feel about it - some teach you how and others preach that you will go to hell if you do it (think pool-hopping in Disney or bringing your old refillable coke cup back). Anyway, there are many ways to sneak it on, but the most votes went to a company called rumrunnerflasks. And yes, they make a 32 oz size. :)

When we cruised with Princess, we had to sneak our booze on board as well. We just put it into our checked bag...plastic bottles of vodka and rum...wrapped them up in towels or something for cushioning and had no problems getting it on board. Heck...we even bought some specialty flavored rums while in port at St Maarten and walked right on board with it. They had someone there at the door in front of the elevators collecting the booze that people bought in port. We just walked right passed them and went up the stairs to our cabin. Bad Brandie...I know...:rotfl:

We still had respectable bar tabs on both the Princess cruise and the podcast cruise though...even with bringing our own on board!

Count me in. Did not cruise in person for PCC 1.0 but my flattie had a nice drink or too (Thanks MaryJo). Can't wait.

ok...so this proves it...i am totally clueless...
i never could figure out what DATS meant.....
drink around the ship.....duh......where's the slap myself on the forehead icon????

ok...so this proves it...i am totally clueless...
i never could figure out what DATS meant.....
drink around the ship.....duh......where's the slap myself on the forehead icon????

Don't know about that icon, but I'm giving you a V-8 Moment Award. ;)

Wavebands, Diversions, Cadillac Lounge, Promenade Lounge, Studio Sea, Signals, Cove Cafe. Did I miss any? :rolleyes1

I haven't read all the posts but you did miss a few.

Pinocchios, Pluto's Dog House and Palo (yes, you can go to the bar there without reservations - though appropriate dress is required). I'll also add the Outlook Bar as this wasn't open when we were there but I've heard rumors :goodvibes

Those of you on PCC 1.0 probably remember the constant flow of liquor coming from my room, so you can all stop by this time around too! In fact there were times I was stopped and asked why I didn't have a drink in my hand LOL. We will be bringing our typical round, consisting of vodka, gin, triple sec, rum, and possibly tequila all in the large bottles, the mixing with cranberry and OJ.

I also vote for having a group head to senior Frogs in Nasau. It was SO much fun and you can get a lot for a little! And don't forget about those conga lines with free shots as you go!

I also vote for having a group head to senior Frogs in Nasau. It was SO much fun and you can get a lot for a little! And don't forget about those conga lines with free shots as you go!

This is dangerous knowledge. I don't want to cause an international incident.

This is dangerous knowledge. I don't want to cause an international incident.

oh but that'll just make it so much more fun! Drinks r on tierra Todd!

<mickey> Oh boy! Minnie just loves body shots, don't ya Minnie?</mckey>

I like it!!!!! Kristen and I will have our tuscan lemonade- although we finished off a gallon bottle ourselves on PCC 1.0 not sure if there will be any left to share... :rotfl2:

I like it!!!!! Kristen and I will have our tuscan lemonade- although we finished off a gallon bottle ourselves on PCC 1.0 not sure if there will be any left to share... :rotfl2:

There was lemonade? :sad1: I didn't get any. :sad1:

Hi Sandy. :wave2: Have a wonderful holiday with the fam! :santa:

I'm just excited you'll all get to meet my actual BF. Contrary to popular belief, william is not my "other" lol. It'll be a fun time!

I'm just excited you'll all get to meet my actual BF. Contrary to popular belief, william is not my "other" lol. It'll be a fun time!

I knew William was not your "other half" but I thought (and will continue to do so until there is hard proof) that Ryan is just a hot cardboard cut out.:goodvibes:goodvibes

I knew William was not your "other half" but I thought (and will continue to do so until there is hard proof) that Ryan is just a hot cardboard cut out.:goodvibes:goodvibes

hot cardboard cut outs love dole whip!
menryan.jpg

It appears I missed this thread by about 7 months, but I am captivated by the thought of it. If there's room for us, count me and Debra in, too. I can only imagine what we will see, hear, and do!

Will there be pre-cruise meets, perhaps a DATW at Epcot prior to the cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter