• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Date & Rate ...... 2011

RPR

Aug. 14-17

AAA rate $186.15 ($209.42 with tax)

Not bad, waiting to see if APH rate will be a little better... but I'll take what I have, if not :thumbsup2

That is very good!
My AAA rate was $260 (Fri + Sat) $240 (Sun) + tax for June 10-13. Too much.

I wonder why the big difference?

That is very good!
My AAA rate was $260 (Fri + Sat) $240 (Sun) + tax for June 10-13. Too much.

I wonder why the big difference?

Mid June is high season. Mid August is beginning of a slower season.

Offsite this year
July 18-22
Holiday Inn Main gate to Universal
Double Queen
bought thru Orbitz package and averages out to $79.75 a night

242 plus tax last days of June - according to rep there will be no APH rate during this time :confused3

242 plus tax last days of June - according to rep there will be no APH rate during this time :confused3
That's disappointing to hear and hopefully not true, otherwise I'll be offsite or over at Disney World driving to Universal.

date: 9/22-9/25

hotel: PBR

room: 2 Queen Garden view

rate: averages out to 212.63/night with tax included (194.40 less expensive than stay more save more rate!)

type: AP

username: bumbershoot

dates Aug 9-11

2 nights AAA gardenview room

Hard Rock Hotel
$328 per night = $656

Doesn't sound like a good deal to me:(

That includes taxes. It's $291 plus tax. The rack rate for gardenview is $324 plus taxes per night. $309 is rack rate for standard view rooms.

That includes taxes. It's $291 plus tax. The rack rate for gardenview is $324 plus taxes per night. $309 is rack rate for standard view rooms.

I wouldn't pay extra for gardenview over standard view. You aren't going to be looking out the windows anyways. If you really want a deal, call and ask for obstructed view room with your AAA rate.

They said that was the cheapest room available for AAA discount the nights we are going. The only other AAA rates were for club level and kids suites.

Edited to update the rates.

Sept. 15-18
PBH
Bay view 2 queen
$199 + tax the first night $229 + tax the second two nights
AAA
TLinden16

Two days before AP rates came out, I booked a garden view room at the AAA rate of $219 a night, but when I saw others got AP rates, I called up to see if I could do better. They didn't have the AP available for the garden view, so I wound up getting a Bay View room for just about the same price as I would have paid for the Garden View (I saved a whopping 60 cents over the AAA rate but have a bay view now).

The reservation agent also quoted me the rates for the Royal Pacific. Those rates were $139 for the first night, and $169 for the next two nights.

8/31 to 9/3 - HRH Pool view 2queen - APH rate $194 for 2 nights and $224 for the 3rd night (weekend rate)

10/6 & 10/7
Portofino
Gardenview $169 & $273+

AP 10/5, 10/6, rack 10/7
keishashadow

HRH Garden View Room October 3-6
$169 per night
Total with tax $570.34!

We bought the annual pass to get a nice discount on the room and to save money for when we go back next summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter