Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Return to Queue

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • OTHER

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Other Accommodations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No, you should be good. I've only heard of 1 person who had DAS expire before the end of their visit, but they didn't have any other park days so it didn't matter. Everybody else has had DAS valid through the end of their visit.
When I spoke to the agent, I only had one days worth of ticket in my account. I'll be loading some passes we bought 10 years ago soon. I asked what happens does she need to link them? She asked if we planned to be back in the next 120 days. We said probably not and so she made the das from the earliest day we might be in the parks to the latest day.

When I spoke to the agent, I only had one days worth of ticket in my account. I'll be loading some passes we bought 10 years ago soon. I asked what happens does she need to link them? She asked if we planned to be back in the next 120 days. We said probably not and so she made the das from the earliest day we might be in the parks to the latest day.
Sounds good. You just did the DAS registration yesterday, right? Under the new rules.

The PP I responded to had done DAS registration 3 weeks ago under the old rules. But they should still be good for the length of their upcoming visit.

Sounds good. You just did the DAS registration yesterday, right? Under the new rules.

The PP I responded to had done DAS registration 3 weeks ago under the old rules. But they should still be good for the length of their upcoming visit.
Yes. Under new rules yesterday.

Yes. Under new rules yesterday.
That's interesting.
DAS Advance Selections are no longer listed with the DAS information like they were previously.
It's still possible to find the page by searching.
I wonder if it will disappear after June 20 - right now there are still guests who registered before May 20 for June trips. By June 20, most of the guests whose trips started earlier in June will be finished with their trips

Reminders about DAS:
  • DAS began at WDW and Disneyland in late 2013 to replace the previous disability access service GAC (Guest Assistance Card)
  • DAS was always meant to be a re-registration, with questions asked, not a renewal. Having had it was not a guarantee it would be approved each time. (This is per Guest Relations CM, including Cheshire Figment who was a Guest Relations CM and a Moderator here who is now deceased)
  • DAS Advanced Video Registration began October 19, 2021 for WDW and December 8, 2021 for Disneyland. Before that, DAS registration was only available in person after arrival.
Suggestions:
  • If you are not going to WDW in the next week, wait a week or 2 to register. After each of the previous changes, it took a week or 2 for things to settle down
  • When talking to the CM, the main question to keep in mind is - What are my concerns with waiting in the regular lines? Not the diagnosis or the symptoms - some people with the same diagnosis or symptoms may not have concerns with waiting in lines; others will. What are YOU concerned with ?
  • Be prepared that the CM may ask further questions or ask for clarification

With your poll, I understand yes and no.

But the return to queue.......are you told you can go from ride to ride and you will
get a return time or are you told you might get this on a few rides.

And then you go into the LL?

I am totally confused between return to rides (which sounds like DAS from 5 or so years ago) and the get out of line to go potty or need an injection, etc.

Sorry if I am repeating myself between this thread and the other DAS thread.

But the return to queue.......are you told you can go from ride to ride and you will

I am totally confused between return to rides (which sounds like DAS from 5 or so years ago) and the get out of line to go potty or need an injection, etc.

Hi @jo-jo
I, like yourself, am absolutely confused about the difference between the two.
I applied today and was given the return to queue as an option. I was told I must got to each ride and request one. I asked if the CM was given the discretion to approve or deny and was told that they have been trained. To me that means I can be denied. I was also told it could be anything from a paper pass to a scan on your MB/phone/card and the CM will tell you what to do from there. Not consistent through each ride. I mentioned that I had no proof this is what she was giving me as an option when I asked about being approved or denied at the ride and that’s when I was told that the CMs were trained. I’ll come back tomorrow with an update on how it worked for me at Epcot. But I currently am full of anxiety.

Hi @jo-jo
I, like yourself, am absolutely confused about the difference between the two.
I applied today and was given the return to queue as an option. I was told I must got to each ride and request one. I asked if the CM was given the discretion to approve or deny and was told that they have been trained. To me that means I can be denied. I was also told it could be anything from a paper pass to a scan on your MB/phone/card and the CM will tell you what to do from there. Not consistent through each ride. I mentioned that I had no proof this is what she was giving me as an option when I asked about being approved or denied at the ride and that’s when I was told that the CMs were trained. I’ll come back tomorrow with an update on how it worked for me at Epcot. But I currently am full of anxiety.
Well, that's as clear as mud. The CM are trained. Trained in what? How to help you, how to ignore you, how to say "you have to go talk to the next 8 CMs you can find"?

I would think if you were granted this option, there should be something on your account you could point to.

Hoping for the best for you. And very interested to hear your outcome.

My understanding is the Attraction Queue Re-entry, which is the accommodation most often recommended, is available to all. There really shouldn't be any denial, though you might get asked if it's for a disability -- possibly depending on where in the queue you are when the need to leave arises. This is outlined on WDW's website as one of the options to assist with queues.

There is something else that is Return to Queue but it's rather limited -- largely for things like "wheelchair return" on rides that aren't accessible through the standby queue. This is not even mentioned on the website.

Well, that's as clear as mud. The CM are trained. Trained in what? How to help you, how to ignore you, how to say "you have to go talk to the next 8 CMs you can find"?

I would think if you were granted this option, there should be something on your account you could point to.

Hoping for the best for you. And very interested to hear your outcome.
I absolutely agree and seeing @lanejudy s comments, I am even more confused. The CM I spoke with definitely said return to queue for me and my husband as she told me if I had 4 or more people I could use the AQR option where they stayed in the standby line and I could join them at the merge point. I will definitely let you all know tomorrow.

I believe the R2Q is that if you need to leave the queue that the cast member will allow you to return to your group. I had this last year when my daughter had to leave the line. The cast member allowed us to return to our group when they got close to boarding the ride.

I absolutely agree and seeing @lanejudy s comments, I am even more confused. The CM I spoke with definitely said return to queue for me and my husband as she told me if I had 4 or more people I could use the AQR option where they stayed in the standby line and I could join them at the merge point. I will definitely let you all know tomorrow.
I think you’re the first who has reported actually being assigned/approved for the actual return to queue option that is supposedly rare compared to the open to all Attraction Queue Reentry AQR. It sounds like you have the real RTQ as they mentioned paper pass or scanning your MB. The others have not mentioned that with AQR. I’ll be interested to see what you report back about how it works. Also, hopefully since you’ve been officially approved for it, I’d hope you wouldn’t be denied at the queue. But how you prove it to the CM will be interesting. I wonder if it says something on your account that they see? Clear as mud for sure.

I believe the R2Q is that if you need to leave the queue that the cast member will allow you to return to your group. I had this last year when my daughter had to leave the line. The cast member allowed us to return to our group when they got close to boarding the ride.
@Bearval
That is not what was explained to me when I spoke to the cast member today. I hope that is not correct because I do not have a group. It is just me and my husband. She specifically said a return time and mentioned the other if we had 4 or more people.

I think you’re the first who has reported actually being assigned/approved for the actual return to queue option that is supposedly rare compared to the open to all Attraction Queue Reentry AQR. It sounds like you have the real RTQ as they mentioned paper pass or scanning your MB. The others have not mentioned that with AQR. I’ll be interested to see what you report back about how it works. Also, hopefully since you’ve been officially approved for it, I’d hope you wouldn’t be denied at the queue. But how your prove it to the CM will be interesting. I wonder if it says something on your account that they see? Clear as mud for sure.
I hope it is somewhere too @prettypatchesmsu . That was my concern and when I mentioned it, that’s when she told me the CMs have been trained for this.

So sounds like RTQ is basically what previous DAS was before you were able to choose an attraction via the app.

And IF that is the case then I assume there is something noted on your account back of house.

I couldn't agree more. Walking around the park is not comparable to standing in a long queue for 20 mins plus. For a start and without going into detail for obvious reasons my back gets exceptionally uncomfortable when standing still in a queue. (I have a host of other reason why standing in a long line is something I can't do) but just wanted to also agree walking around a park and standing in a long line are absolutely not comparable. I am sorry you have similar struggles.
this is me as well. Constant movement is way better for my issues than standing still. I just got to use DAS, for what I'm assuming was the last time, last week when we went. So beneficial for my condition, and it will definitely be more challenging from here on out when I go.

I'm not going to give too many details but my daughter's das was approved super quick once we got a couple technical issues resolved (we had duplicate accounts for some reason). The video was less than five minutes. I did most of the talking (she's 14) but she was present. I would not consider her need developmental, but it can sometimes make things difficult.

• My understanding is the Attraction Queue Re-entry, which is the accommodation most often recommended, is available to all. There really shouldn't be any denial, though you might get asked if it's for a disability -- possibly depending on where in the queue you are when the need to leave arises. This is outlined on WDW's website as one of the options to assist with queues.

There is something else that is Return to Queue but it's rather limited -- largely for things like "wheelchair return" on rides that aren't accessible through the standby queue. This is not even mentioned on the website.

@Bearval
That is not what was explained to me when I spoke to the cast member today. I hope that is not correct because I do not have a group. It is just me and my husband. She specifically said a return time and mentioned the other if we had 4 or more people.
We've used the Return to Queue mentioned by @lanejudy in the past for attractions where the regular line wasn't wheelchair accessible. It was called a 'Wheelchair Return Time' although I'm sure that was the actual name. It's possible they renamed and expanded it; I don't know.
Here's how it worked as a Wheelchair Return Time:
  • separate from DAS; no one in the group need to be registered to DAS to use it
  • was only available on attractions that did not have a wheelchair accessible queue.
  • Most were at MK: Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Small World and possibly Space Mountain
  • EPCOT: Spaceship Earth (wait at exit)
  • Hollywood Studios: others have said Star Tours, but they do/did not in our experience
  • to obtain it, the guest with a mobility device had to go to the attraction. CM at the attraction could see the mobility device, so nothing else was needed
  • CM read the Magicband/tickets of all the guests in the group and added entry to each guest
  • Return Time based on current posted Standby Wait Time. Was not given if Standby Wait was less than 15-20 minutes and the accessible waiting area was not busy.
I think there was a 1 hour window for use, but I'm not positive. We usually used it for things we had a DAS Return Time for so we entered right in. The last few times we tried to get one at Jungle Cruise without DAS, we couldn't ride because the wheelchair accessible boat wasn't working.

I could see this expanded beyond just the attractions that are not accessible

We've used the Return to Queue mentioned by @lanejudy in the past for attractions where the regular line wasn't wheelchair accessible. It was called a 'Wheelchair Return Time' although I'm sure that was the actual name. It's possible they renamed and expanded it; I don't know.
Here's how it worked as a Wheelchair Return Time:
  • separate from DAS; no one in the group need to be registered to DAS to use it
  • was only available on attractions that did not have a wheelchair accessible queue.
  • Most were at MK: Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Small World and possibly Space Mountain
  • EPCOT: Spaceship Earth (wait at exit)
  • Hollywood Studios: others have said Star Tours, but they do/did not in our experience
  • to obtain it, the guest with a mobility device had to go to the attraction. CM at the attraction could see the mobility device, so nothing else was needed
  • CM read the Magicband/tickets of all the guests in the group and added entry to each guest
  • Return Time based on current posted Standby Wait Time. Was not given if Standby Wait was less than 15-20 minutes and the accessible waiting area was not busy.
I think there was a 1 hour window for use, but I'm not positive. We usually used it for things we had a DAS Return Time for so we entered right in. The last few times we tried to get one at Jungle Cruise without DAS, we couldn't ride because the wheelchair accessible boat wasn't working.

I could see this expanded beyond just the attractions that are not accessible
I have been using the wheelchair return time since October. You can hold only one and it doesn’t expire. It is possible to be holding a return time for one queue and immediately enter the exit for another if there’s no wait. Star Tours does have a separate line. You start by entering the Genie+ line but once you hit the building, there’s an entirely separate queue on the left. I always stop in each room and watch. The things I can’t see are the windows between the last two rooms, the droids as those are under the walkway, and the wanted posters. IASW seems to be the only one where they may let you in line if there’s no queue for wheelchairs regardless of wait time, and even if there is no wait if the wheelchair line is backed up you will be issued a return time- space is tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter