DAS and SWGE openings

Random DAS related question for those who have been: we have a reservation for Savis and I know only one builder and one guest can go in. I’m hoping everything goes perfectly and no issues happen, but if my son (who is on the spectrum) Doesn’t handle the experience well will it be easy for my husband to bring him out to me and go back in? I don’t know how much distance is between the building room and where ever I will be allowed to wait...or know the reentry policy. I called to ask and all they could tell me was I wouldn’t be allowed to come in with even if I just stood off to the side or outside the door. He loves watching things being put together and building things so it MIGHT be a great experience for him.....I just am also trying to plan for any possible issues as well.

Random DAS related question for those who have been: we have a reservation for Savis and I know only one builder and one guest can go in. I’m hoping everything goes perfectly and no issues happen, but if my son (who is on the spectrum) Doesn’t handle the experience well will it be easy for my husband to bring him out to me and go back in? I don’t know how much distance is between the building room and where ever I will be allowed to wait...or know the reentry policy. I called to ask and all they could tell me was I wouldn’t be allowed to come in with even if I just stood off to the side or outside the door. He loves watching things being put together and building things so it MIGHT be a great experience for him.....I just am also trying to plan for any possible issues as well.

You could call Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com and ask them - but I have a feeling that this might be something you have to address when you arrive at Savi's. I would try to arrive early enough to ask the CMs as you approach the entrance, and just explain that your son might need to leave early - how do we handle that? It's often easier for a CM who is right there working with you to see a solution that might not be obvious to us as Guests remotely 🙂

You could call Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com and ask them - but I have a feeling that this might be something you have to address when you arrive at Savi's. I would try to arrive early enough to ask the CMs as you approach the entrance, and just explain that your son might need to leave early - how do we handle that? It's often easier for a CM who is right there working with you to see a solution that might not be obvious to us as Guests remotely 🙂

I have called and emailed, they didn’t have a solution and didn’t offer any info I couldn’t already find online. Just that one adult would be able to go in with him. That’s why I asked here. I’m not looking for the answer to my concern, I know that cant be solved, I was actually hoping for a description of the layout of savis or someone who has Experience with Savi’s to give me an idea of how far the building room is from the waiting area, or if anyone has seen a similar situation in action, that’s it.

I have called and emailed, they didn’t have a solution and didn’t offer any info I couldn’t already find online. Just that one adult would be able to go in with him. That’s why I asked here. I’m not looking for the answer to my concern, I know that cant be solved, I was actually hoping for a description of the layout of savis or someone who has Experience with Savi’s to give me an idea of how far the building room is from the waiting area, or if anyone has seen a similar situation in action, that’s it.
If you want to know how fair it is from the build to where other people in your party can wait you might want to ask on the official SWGE form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter