DAS and legal guardian

happily single

Left foot first!
We are headed to Disney at the end of August. on Every previous trip we’ve used the DAS, as far as to when it was literally a paper card.

Anyhow, I am my 23yr olds legal guardian. He has developmental delays. In his younger days crowds, loud noises and lines were overly stimulating to him. DAS was a lifesaver!

Since I am his legal guardian does he have to be present for the interview? I’m also questioning whether DAS is even worth it. It sounds silly to say he has trouble with crowds and waiting in line, seeing we are visiting a crowded park.

We are headed to Disney at the end of August. on Every previous trip we’ve used the DAS, as far as to when it was literally a paper card.

Anyhow, I am my 23yr olds legal guardian. He has developmental delays. In his younger days crowds, loud noises and lines were overly stimulating to him. DAS was a lifesaver!

Since I am his legal guardian does he have to be present for the interview? I’m also questioning whether DAS is even worth it. It sounds silly to say he has trouble with crowds and waiting in line, seeing we are visiting a crowded park.

Yes, he has to be present. The DAS is for him. They need to see him and get a photo.

part of interview is getting his photo so they need to see him even if you are his guardian or even a parent

You can speak for him, but the Disney website says the person being registered for DAS needs to be at least be present to be introduced and have a picture taken.

I am my son's legal guardian, and yes he has to be present no matter how you get the DAS. In person the system hasn't changed at all. I have not done the interview version because of the reported long waits online and having to work around his schedule. If the online is an issue for you, just wait and get one when you arrive - you just don't get the advance times. And if you think you perhaps don't need one now you can try without it, if you find it could help then go get one.

My two cents, for what it is worth, we have not changed our procedure at all. We go to GS on our first day to get my son's DAS "Re-activated".

We do not need it as much anymore, in part as our touring strategy has also changed to be in the parks first thing, and at the end of the day and skip the middle of the day. It just works better for him (and honestly for me as well). However, I would rather have it available and not use it then decide we want to and have to go all the way back to GS to get it done.

I am my son's legal guardian, and yes he has to be present no matter how you get the DAS. In person the system hasn't changed at all. I have not done the interview version because of the reported long waits online and having to work around his schedule. If the online is an issue for you, just wait and get one when you arrive - you just don't get the advance times. And if you think you perhaps don't need one now you can try without it, if you find it could help then go get one.
Thank you, I think this will be our plan.

To be honest, we didn't use our preselected return times half the time, as they just didn't fit into our day all that well.

It’s not silly at all if your son has difficulty with crowded lines. My son does. It was better when he could be in a stroller. He has so many issues with patience. It is a lot easier for him when the line is moving. Otherwise he wants to know why the people in front of us won’t just go and he doesn’t understand that they can’t just keep walking. But even though he gets overwhelmed by crowds (so we only can stay a couple of hours) and has trouble with lines, he loves Disney and Disney characters. He asks all the time when we can go. We have not been since Genie+ and we shall see how it works for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter