Dancing With the Stars - Spring 2017

Rockette, are you competing? We want a full report! Very cool either way, dancing or watching.

I like David Ross very much as a person, but couldn't vote for him. His first dance was pretty good though too hoppy, and his second dance was back to his bum sticking out too much. Sorry guys.

Have not been able to put my finger on what about Normani does not thrill me, but I think you guys nailed it. Always sexy. She's almost as pro dancer as Heather but she dances like a Jazz/hip hop dancer in everything with a yard between her knees. I have to say she looked incredible in that red dress though.

Ah Simone. The judges were eviscerating her last week, then Tom piped in with something like "you aren't smiling" and she said the first thing that popped in her head. She worked really hard and I am heartbroken for Sasha.

But thrilled for Emma! So lovely for her to show what she can do this season. I've met her (on a week long cruise) and she is just genuinely the sweetest thing, and the fiercest dancer. Loved by all. Rashad seems like a sweetie and gads, that guy can move. So impressed with his arms in the rhumba. They got my votes.

Speaking of DWTS cruises, Jaymz Tuaileva! He was the lead dancer with Cheryl. He danced with the DWTS crew on the cruise and he's amazing. His energy burns up all the oxygen in the room. He's danced with the troupe in seasons past but I don't think he's been a regular, perhaps because he's not classically pretty enough.

No voting on finals night, the Tuesday. I think they may add some points from the judges, but the judges generally give all the finalists the same scores. There's no way to tally votes across the time zones with the live show.

Rockette, are you competing? We want a full report! Very cool either way, dancing or watching.

I'm competing there for my first time in 2 years in pro Latin. I can't wait! I don't even have my dress sorted out yet so I'm a bit nervous... but things should come together by the end of this week.

I'll be there for the entirety of the festival too because I also plan to watch, meet up with old friends, etc.

I'm competing there for my first time in 2 years in pro Latin. I can't wait! I don't even have my dress sorted out yet so I'm a bit nervous... but things should come together by the end of this week.

I'll be there for the entirety of the festival too because I also plan to watch, meet up with old friends, etc.

I'm a lurker on this thread but I wanted to pop in and wish you good luck! Sounds like an exciting opportunity for you!

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I meant Donny wasn't the best dancer but he was fun and had a lot of fans same as David.

:lmao:I know. I was ragging on you guys in a joking way. ;) After 24 seasons, we ALL have a "I can't believe _____ won." :eek: :rolleyes: :confused3 But, obviously somebody voted for them or they wouldn't have won. Donny seems to get that on the threads here. So I know to expect it. :lmao:

Donny wasn't that bad. I think he was better than David, but a lot of that can be probably attributed to his musical career.

Ugh... and it's noticeable how much longer the routines were too.

The judges are the reason Simone is going home. They pick apart her every facial expression all the while telling us how entertaining David is. I for one am sick of not having the best dancers in the finale. Last week she was over criticized and she stood up for herself and now she gets called smug. I kept thinking back to Bristol Palin, who couldn't dance and never showed a real connection to any of the dances and the judges were much kinder to her.

Add me to the group that believes the judges are to blame for sending Simone home. She was held to a higher standard than all the other contestants. Their comments to her were often very mean spirited, particularly from Carrie Ann. I know she is 20 years old, but due to her extreme training I am guessing her emotional age is more like 16-17. Her comment about smiling I am certain came straight from the mouth of a coach. And she is right. In gymnastics, smiles don't win medals.

I want to see the best dancer win, not the most popular. I like David and he has a great story, but there is no way he should be dancing in the finals.

I still can't help wondering how the judges doing their job, judging and critiquing, makes it their fault.
But, hey... whatever.

I was all for Simone after her one amazing Contemporary, where she actually, like, danced.
Read my post from that week.
But, Simone signed her own exit papers....
Last week, the first words out of my mouth were... "Simone is 'history'...".

The best dancer was eliminated a few weeks ago... I myself like to see the best dancer win, but that is not going to happen this season.

Plus I'm kind of sick of Val's partners being shoved down our throats. It's almost as bad as Derek's partners were a few years ago.

Donny wasn't that bad. I think he was better than David, but a lot of that can be probably attributed to his musical career.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I thought he was fantastic but don't remember who else was in the competition with him. Like you said the dances were longer and there were many styles then that they don't do now. I think I like the old seasons better. More dancing and less fluff and talking in between.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I thought he was fantastic but don't remember who else was in the competition with him. Like you said the dances were longer and there were many styles then that they don't do now. I think I like the old seasons better. More dancing and less fluff and talking in between.

He definitely wasn't the best dancer that season by a long shot. There definitely was a lot more "ballroom" in the dances when he was on the show though, and the routines were longer.

I think it was a few seasons ago when some of the performances were under a minute? Thankfully they started to lengthen them again.

I don't know if I think David will win? I'm basing that on the Dancing with the stars fb page. Seems that more people are chatting up Rashad and Normani. JMHO, so take it with a grain of salt. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I also think that the people who were voting for Simone won't now start voting for David. They're mad that she got booted before him.

Thanks for that clip of all of Donny's dances. :thumbsup2 It showed he was a great dancer! One only has to look at the first 3 dances to see his footwork was incredibly sharp, clean and tight. :thumbsup2 (Kym didn't have to dumb down her footwork to match his. Her choreography was intricate & superb.) He had a great stage presence & personality and could act different characters & moods for each dance. So, yes, he won the audience with his performances. :thumbsup2 He actually danced better than David or Rashad dance now. Yep, I had voted for the right person. :woohoo:

And I love the older seasons better, when it was "classic DWTS" where they actually danced the actual styles & roots of the dances. An Argentine tango was an actual Argentine tango. A Charleston was a Charleston and a jitterbug was a jitterbug. None of this dancing a tango steps to Cars 2, when it has nothing to do with or resembles the actual style or mood or energy of a real tango. :headache: :badpc:

And they had a better lighting designer back then. None of those stupid, gimmicky laser lights flashing right into our eyes & blinding us or hiding the stars' dances.

I think they probably upgraded the the show to gain more viewership. The producers think bigger is better, idk

Add me to the group that believes the judges are to blame for sending Simone home. She was held to a higher standard than all the other contestants.

Yes, she said that on GMA this morning when asked if she felt the judges were harder on her than some others. She said that she thinks they expected her to take over where Laurie left off.

Those judges didn't do the show any favors. :rolleyes: Now the other 3 gymnasts of the "Final Five" may not want to do the show after how Simone was treated. :crazy2:

Her comment about smiling I am certain came straight from the mouth of a coach. And she is right. In gymnastics, smiles don't win medals.

That is EXACTLY what I said! ::yes:: :thumbsup2 Being a Olympic gymnast is about being a body moving through space. The lines and angles of the hands, feet & body have to be absolutely correct. It isn't about emoting or being a personality, which may throw off those lines and angles depending on one's mood. She was repeating what her coach told her over & over, "Smiles don't win gold medals." She didn't say mirror ball trophy, she said gold medals. She said what instantly came out of her mind as what her coach told her many times.

Okay, so maybe she repeated what was drilled in her head by athletic coaches...
That is not valid. It is an excuse.
That was a huge issue, because she was not at an athletic gymnast competition.
You are SUPPOSED to smile and show expression and musicality on dancing with the stars.
If she couldn't 'get' that, and was actually disrespectful to the judges about that, then, yes, that means she was not the most successful, the 'winner'', on DWTS.

The judges still gave her 10's.
Even though that last dance was STILL just a series of her gymnastics moves.
The VOTERS voted her off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter