Daily Security Checks at Resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imktdqt810

Mouseketeer
We have a neighbor who just returned and said she was not aware of a daily "Security Check" that happened at her resort (YC) after she told them at check in they didn't want mousekeeping AND kept the Do Not Disturb sign out the whole time. They were there for 5 nights and she said they didn't want extra folks in the room after they checked in and "Self cleaned with disinfection wipes" but the first day coming back to the room the trash was emptied. She thought DH did it (since upon arrival the night before they ate in the room and she thought maybe it smelled and he took it someplace to dump it) but DH made a comment to her later that same evening about HER emptying it when him and the kids were at the pool. After realizing NEITHER of them did it they called the front deck to be told that there is a daily "Security Check" that takes place (even if you don't want mousekeeping). They offered for that check to take place when they were in the room and wanted to set up a certain time to do it daily but she explained they weren't going to run back to the hotel mid-day, every day, just for a security check that they didn't want. She said she felt very uncomfortable thinking nobody was entering their room after cleaning it themselves the first night to know that someone was still in there and no clue what they did or didn't touch. I'm interesting in finding out more on these "Security Checks" so feel free to enlighten me!

Your booking email has this info:

Please be advised that at Disney Resort hotels, notwithstanding your use of a sign on your door, a request by you to forgo housekeeping services or any other request made by you, the Disney Resort hotel and its staff reserve the right to enter your room for any purpose including, but not limited to, performing maintenance and repairs or checking on the safety and security of guests and property. The hotel staff will give reasonable notice prior to entry by knocking and announcing the intent to enter the room.

I don't think its daily. We recently stayed 6 nights and only 1 security check. The guy just looked in and asked if we needed anything. They need to make sure your not cooking meth.
I find it’s random. Some people will experience it daily, some not at all. Sometimes you’ll never know they’re there if you’re not in your room during the day. We typically stay for 2 weeks and during one of our trips, security never came at all during the first week, then they came every day for 5 days in a row. One day they even came twice. Lol.

We received two checks this week while we were in the room (not sure if they did them on the other day while we were out). A bit awkward since we were changing for the pool on one day, and napping on the other. Just a loud knock from housekeeping and they asked if we needed anything, towels, etc. These were on days that were not on the "every 2 days" housekeeping schedule.

I really, really appreciate that Disney does this after what happened in Las Vegas. Is it annoying when you are napping or in your room? Yes, but I appreciate the additional deterrent.

I do wish they took out the trash everytime they visited though. Seems to be hit or miss. No trash was taken from our entire stay at GF recently.

Sometimes you’ll never know they’re there if you’re not in your room during the day.

This exactly!!! Whenever people say "We never had one," I always want to ask "So, you went to Disney World, paid the price to stay on site, and then sat in your room every moment you were on property?" It's not like if TSA checks your suitcase and puts a note in it/sticker on your claim tag - they don't leave a "Security was here" sign.

This exactly!!! Whenever people say "We never had one," I always want to ask "So, you went to Disney World, paid the price to stay on site, and then sat in your room every moment you were on property?" It's not like if TSA checks your suitcase and puts a note in it/sticker on your claim tag - they don't leave a "Security was here" sign.
[/QUO.

actually when TEA goes thru your checked luggage, they do put a note on your luggage. Ours read: your bag was randomly selected for a thorough security check. Things might be out of place/

travelling someone 65+ and 14 year old granddaughter. Only thing we can think of, is a large black trash bag filled with dirty laundry, that count be properly read through screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter