D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@twodogs my thinking is the open reservation from last week is one Res per account. You made one. Your hotel stay is another 'account' of sorts, or looked at as a different category. I think you'll be fine.

I thought that when I booked the room, that I would not get a hotel SWGE reservation because I already had a ”free” one. But they sent it anyway. I have never figured out Disney’s crazy IT system, and this just solidifies why I remain mystified at it!!

I thought that when I booked the room, that I would not get a hotel SWGE reservation because I already had a ”free” one. But they sent it anyway. I have never figured out Disney’s crazy IT system, and this just solidifies why I remain mystified at it!!

If it helps, I already had a hotel-based reservation and later made a free reservation on the same account. I do not know if they will honor it, but I thought it was worth taking a chance to see SWGE at night.

That said, I believe Disney will end up being fine with it, because it's not like clearing out people with reservations will make room for more guests. They aren't giving out more reservations, and they've already saved enough to account for new hotel bookings. Refusing to honor a reservation doesn't get them anything except upset customers and decreased revenue, all to prove a point that they will enforce the rules. I can't imagine that will happen, but I intend to report back on my experience so you will at least have my report before you go.

My daughter just got her email with the plus one added. So now my name is on her reservation. Worst case scenario is that we get to use mine at 8 and get denied at 5 with hers. At least we get to see it once and spend the rest of the day at Disneyland. Win win situation. Here is hoping we get to see it twice that day.

I have been planning a December trip but all the news about SWGE makes me want to move the trip up to my usual August time frame.

Be careful with this. I understood that you won’t be able to enter the virtual queue until SWGE reaches capacity.

You may not be able to enter the queue at rope drop... and then you’ll have to pay attention to when that queue opens up. It could add an interesting wrinkle... let’s say you’re on Peter Pan when the queue opens. Three minutes later, you might be in the second or third boarding group.

Also, the risk exists for people to be assigned a boarding group, but for the land to never drop back below capacity and that group allowed in.

All that to say: if SWGE is a top priority, I’d (personally) go directly there at rope drop and not count on a spot in the virtual queue.

Well I did say I would be watching this...
I hadn't heard there wouldn't be a virtual queue at opening. That will likely not change my plans. I will be watching what people experience in July.

I will be ok with whatever Disney decides to do. I just hope they don’t cancel BOTH of my reservations as another poster speculated, thinking I was intentionally trying to get 2 reservations. As long as we get one entry, our family will be thrilled!
I posted upthread that I called about this on opening day, and both the hotel CM and the SW CM told me that they’re different reservation systems and there’s absolutely no problem using both. They both stated that the intention was never “one entry per person.” While phone CMs are not always reliable, they both spoke with certainly and used much of the same verbiage, so I felt pretty confident in their responses.

Not adding to any debate, just trying to ease concerns you might have.

My daughter just got her email with the plus one added. So now my name is on her reservation. Worst case scenario is that we get to use mine at 8 and get denied at 5 with hers. At least we get to see it once and spend the rest of the day at Disneyland. Win win situation. Here is hoping we get to see it twice that day.
That's great news. When I called on Sunday they took my details and the name of my mate, said they would see what they could do and would call me back. I still haven't had a call nor an email. Hopefully I'll hear something soon, otherwise I'm going solo, I guess.

That's great news. When I called on Sunday they took my details and the name of my mate, said they would see what they could do and would call me back. I still haven't had a call nor an email. Hopefully I'll hear something soon, otherwise I'm going solo, I guess.
I’d call them back. A friend called today and added someone to her opening day reservation.

Are both hotel reservations under the same Disney account?

The reason I ask is that I am perplexed by my own situation. I made a free reservation on 6/22, but I was unsure if we were going on the trip yet (since we are already booked and going for sure Memorial Day weekend, and this is only 3 weeks later). I booked it because that is DD’s birthday and I thought, well, if we can swing the cost of 2 trips in 3 weeks, maybe she would like to see SWGE on her birthday! I made this free reservation under my Disney account.

We have now decided to go for sure on the trip in late June to see SWGE. We are going to stay at GCH (as we usually do), so I went and booked our room this weekend (booked room after free reservations stopped a few days prior). I booked this as I always do, under my Disney account. Yesterday, I got an email from Disney with our hotel SWGE reservation time. It is for 6/22 also, but for 8am. I figured Disney would not give me a hotel stay SWGE reservation since I booked the free reservation first under my account, and then I booked the room a few days later, under my account.

So this confuses me... I am not trying to restart the argument about if or should anyone have more than one entry during the reservation period. What is perplexing to me is that I believe the website states “one reservation per account.” In the literal interpretation, I would think that once I had the free reservation, that even when I later made an onsite hotel reservation (under the same account, as I was not trying to get two reservations for SWGE; just planned to use my free one, and we usually stay at GCH so would have stayed there either way), the system would not give me a hotel-stay reservation for SWGE because it “sees” my free reservation already in my account. So what is going on here?? Is their IT system just not able to handle this, or do they not care if you have more than one entry during the reservation period or what??

That all said, I feel like if their system generated my hotel-stay entry after I had already made my free entry reservation a few days before, and all are the same guest names, I am the lead guest on the free reservation and on the hotel room, and the account was mine for both reservations, that if they then deny entry for one of these reservations, that would be disappointing. Not that I am trying to skirt anything and get 2 reservations, but now that their own system generated the hotel-stay reservation, what am I to think?

I am going to wait until early reports come out to see what to do. Any guidance from Disney to anyone in a similar situation that anyone can share?

When you receive your confirmation email, it states that you are entitled to one visit during your stay. I have more than one stay booked. I am booked through DVC with points which adds another layer of complexity. DVC reservation numbers do not link to the Disneyland web page.

I know several others who have booked more than one stay with the same account and have also received more than one spot for SWGE. Hope this helps.

I will be ok with whatever Disney decides to do. I just hope they don’t cancel BOTH of my reservations as another poster speculated, thinking I was intentionally trying to get 2 reservations. As long as we get one entry, our family will be thrilled!

Between DVC Member Services, and the SWGE number, I have made at least a dozen calls. I have names, dates, and times, as well as notations made by CM's on my profile at the SWGE number. Two stays, two reservations. K you will be fine.

THANK YOU all for your reassurances about this crazy reservation system!!! You have all put my mind at ease, and I wish everyone a wonderful visit to SWGE!!! Come on and open already!!!!!

Disney Visa card holders can get a 10% discount on items at the market in SWGE with a $50 purchase.
I dream of a day when you can combine discounts & then I could get 50% off of everything. I know this will never ever ever happen, but it’s a nice dream just the same.

Where was this announced?
Think it's just a general Disney Visa perk. I was just reviewing mine to find the character spot and Disney Visa SW character meet for DL, and I wanted to refresh my memory on the discounts (we are used to WDW and room charges and dining plan, none of which will apply to us this trip to DL).

The merch discount was listed. Wasn't SWGE specific, but just a general 10% off $50 purchase at Disney parks.

The merch discount was listed. Wasn't SWGE specific, but just a general 10% off $50 purchase at Disney parks.

Gotcha! We have the Visa too so that would be really awesome if they honor the merchandise discount in SWGE. Especially considering the expected cost of those lightsabers....

But I also wouldn’t be surprised if they exclude discounts, guess we’ll find out?

Gotcha! We have the Visa too so that would be really awesome if they honor the merchandise discount in SWGE. Especially considering the expected cost of those lightsabers....

But I also wouldn’t be surprised if they exclude discounts, guess we’ll find out?
True. True.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter