Cvs weekly 4/18-4/24

Here is what I did yesterday. I burned a few ECB, but I got stuff we needed and paid a low OOP for it. Just means I need to build up more again!

2 Planters Cashews 2/$6
3 bags Hershey nuggets 2/$6 = $9
Hershey special dark bar .89
Reese's dark cups .00 (b/c of Buy 2 get 1 free)
2 Special K strawberry bar boxes 2/$5
Gallon milk $2.49
3 mother's day cards 1.99, 3.49, 3.99
3 Gradution cards 1.99, 1.99, 1.99
Diet Coke 1.59
Diet Coke 1.59
-.55 Reese's dark cups coupon
-.89 Buy one special dark bar get one free coupon
-1.00 buy 3 bags of hershey's miniatures coupon
-2.00 buy planters nut and diet coke coupon
-1.99 buy 2 American Greetings cards get one free CRT
-1.00 buy 3 American Greetings cards printable coupon
-1.00 buy 3 American Greetings cards Printable coupon
-5.00 $5/$40 CRT
- $26.99 ECB
Subtotal .47
IL 7.0% tax 1.54
IL 7.0% tax .19
IL 1.75% tax .20
Total $2.40

Got back $3 ECB for the Kelloggs/Milk, $5 ECB for the candy, $3 ECB for the American Greetings Cards.

DD14 has developed a love of cashews and asked for those. I bought the Hershey nuggets because they were gold and I will use these on DD18s graduation candy buffet (colors are blue/gold), DDs and I all love the Special K cereal bars in the morning on the way to school/work, Mother's day is coming up and now is a good time to get cards since there was an ECB deal, a CRT AND a manufacturer's coupon, and I will need plenty of graduation cards since DD is graduating which means all her friends are graduating too!

I forgot to get the Thermacare! Oops. They were out and a clerk told me they were substituting CVS brand up at the counter but I forgot about them by the time I got to the counter!

Maggie

Can someone give some suggestion on If this is your first week:
Basic , low OP ...I thought it would be good for those who are ready to
jump in. Thanks everyone:thumbsup2

If you were going to buy Mother's day cards or Graduation cards anyway, it might be a good time to get those because of the $3 ECB when you spend $15. I got a Free card when you buy 2 American Greetings cards CRT from the coupon machine too! And if you go to the American Greetings site, there is a printable coupon for $1.00 off when you buy 3 American Greetings cards. Warning! That coupon prints out the full sheet! I shrank it, but it didn't scan properly. But the clerk manually entered it anyway.

Maggie

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the cost per item to reach the ECB total? For example, there's a $3.00ecb if you spend $10. Problem is that everything is either $3.00 or $6.00 so you have to really spend $12 to get $3 back. :headache:

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the cost per item to reach the ECB total? For example, there's a $3.00ecb if you spend $10. Problem is that everything is either $3.00 or $6.00 so you have to really spend $12 to get $3 back. :headache:

Yup totally frustrated. They do it on purpose and they're not the only store that does it.

OTH - I figured out how to start getting x off y coupons again. :woohoo: Just travel 400 miles go to the new CVS next to the hotel that's having a grand opening sale to pick up some Diet Coke and scan your card :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:cloud9:
Here is what I did yesterday. I burned a few ECB, but I got stuff we needed and paid a low OOP for it. Just means I need to build up more again!

2 Planters Cashews 2/$6
3 bags Hershey nuggets 2/$6 = $9
Reese's dark cups .00 (b/c of Buy 2 get 1 free)
2 Special K strawberry bar boxes 2/$5
Gallon milk $2.49
3 mother's day cards 1.99, 3.49, 3.99
3 Gradution cards 1.99, 1.99, 1.99
Diet Coke 1.59
Diet Coke 1.59
-.55 Reese's dark cups coupon
-.89 Buy one special dark bar get one free coupon
-1.00 buy 3 bags of hershey's miniatures coupon
-1.99 buy 2 American Greetings cards get one free CRT
-1.00 buy 3 American Greetings cards printable coupon
-1.00 buy 3 American Greetings cards Printable coupon
-5.00 $5/$40 CRT
- $26.99 ECB
Subtotal .47
IL 7.0% tax 1.54
IL 7.0% tax .19
IL 1.75% tax .20
Total $2.40

Got back $3 ECB for the Kelloggs/Milk, $5 ECB for the candy, $3 ECB for the American Greetings Cards.

DD14 has developed a love of cashews and asked for those. I bought the Hershey nuggets because they were gold and I will use these on DD18s graduation candy buffet (colors are blue/gold), DDs and I all love the Special K cereal bars in the morning on the way to school/work, Mother's day is coming up and now is a good time to get cards since there was an ECB deal, a CRT AND a manufacturer's coupon, and I will need plenty of graduation cards since DD is graduating which means all her friends are graduating too!

I forgot to get the Thermacare! Oops. They were out and a clerk told me they were substituting CVS brand up at the counter but I forgot about them by the time I got to the counter!

Maggie

If you were going to buy Mother's day cards or Graduation cards anyway, it might be a good time to get those because of the $3 ECB when you spend $15. I got a Free card when you buy 2 American Greetings cards CRT from the coupon machine too! And if you go to the American Greetings site, there is a printable coupon for $1.00 off when you buy 3 American Greetings cards. Warning! That coupon prints out the full sheet! I shrank it, but it didn't scan properly. But the clerk manually entered it anyway.

Maggie
Great! thanks.
Here is the link to American Greetings coupon Maggie used.
http://corporate.americangreetings.com/couponbumper.html

YES! it does make op so much more.

Just wondering..will CVS take expired ECB's? I just found some that my dh had and didnt give me, it was for $4 and it expired 4/4.

I havent tried this before. So I dont know if its a store to store thing, or just a no way, no how across the board thing etc? Thanks.

Just wondering..will CVS take expired ECB's? I just found some that my dh had and didnt give me, it was for $4 and it expired 4/4.

I havent tried this before. So I dont know if its a store to store thing, or just a no way, no how across the board thing etc? Thanks.

I know that my store will take expired ECB and CVS coupons. They have told me that all stores will take expired ECB. I'd definitely ask!

I don't know if CVS has an official policy about accepting expired ECB's, but I've never had a problem using them when I've forgotten and used them a few days late. I wouldn't wait too much longer to use them and if you have a favorite cashier who is coupon friendly that might be the way to go just in case.

Another good coupon on the cvs website - Store coupon for $1 off Dunkin Donuts coffee. Now if only I could find a coupon for Jif I'd be all set.

Not sure if these are in all cvs's...but...I got an 80 pack (mixed sizes) of CVS tampons for 75% off in the clearance section. The box was messed up, but otherwise intact! WOO HOO!!!

Also, I had some of the skin care $1 coupons left over from last week and they worked on the .99 travel size baby wipes (cvs brand). I am going to go back today to get a few more...they were in a little purple soft package.

Not sure if these are in all cvs's...but...I got an 80 pack (mixed sizes) of CVS tampons for 75% off in the clearance section. The box was messed up, but otherwise intact! WOO HOO!!!

Also, I had some of the skin care $1 coupons left over from last week and they worked on the .99 travel size baby wipes (cvs brand). I am going to go back today to get a few more...they were in a little purple soft package.

Good tip I will try to get back today and use the skin care c/os on those and the butter thingie stick !!! Was crushed no more Free TP!!!:lmao::lmao:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! ITs ENGLISHROSE47:wizard::dance3::cheer2:

Thanks for all the tips Englishrose47 you now have a special envie on its way to you, I have your shipping info:woohoo:

Well here is my update about trying to redeem the expired extra care bucks:

I bought a ton of hallmark cards (we dont have american greetings here in metro NY). I told the cashier and showed her the expired extra care bucks.
She said it probably wont work, but I will try and scan it. She did, It didnt work. She told me to call the number on back of the card, I did. The customer service rep said that normally she couldnt re issue the extra care bucks because they were from gillette for some razor blades dh bought, but since I am a "good" customer and have never called before she is authorized to do it ONLY this once?? Um, last summer because of my surgeries I think I spent like $300 plus just on bandage supplies etc. Yeah, I am a good customer.

And on another strange note. We were also in the pharmacy picking up ds prescription and my neighbor works there. She said to make sure to call the number on the print out and give them ratings of all 5's during the survey. I joked and said, do you get something for this? She looked at me so strange.

I called and did the survey. All 5's. Also the other lady with the exta bucks stuff asked me which cvs do I shop at? There are 2 in the town. I told her which one. I know the one I go to has major road construction and a shopping mall renovation so I bet business is down. Do you think she told me to do the survey so that CVS might want to close this store, oh I so hope not. I hate the other cvs location even though its 24 HR. and I love the people here etc. Anyone have any insight??

I just got a food processor for $6.25 (75% off). Lots of those appliances and binoculars and stuff are 75% off.

I just got a food processor for $6.25 (75% off). Lots of those appliances and binoculars and stuff are 75% off.

I got a Belgian Waffle Maker (like the ones alot of hotels use for their continental breakfast) for 4.99 (reg 24.99). I knew my DS would love this since he loves to fix his own at hotels. When I got home, they hadn't charged me for it so I went back today and explained what happened. They were in shock that I came back to pay for it. I can't tell you how many times they thanked me. The clerk and assistant manager both mentioned how they see me in there all the time.:rolleyes1

I got a Belgian Waffle Maker (like the ones alot of hotels use for their continental breakfast) for 4.99 (reg 24.99). I knew my DS would love this since he loves to fix his own at hotels. When I got home, they hadn't charged me for it so I went back today and explained what happened. They were in shock that I came back to pay for it. I can't tell you how many times they thanked me. The clerk and assistant manager both mentioned how they see me in there all the time.:rolleyes1

That's great, it is things like that go a long way - we're probably the only ones who look at our receipts :lmao:

I didn't see a waffle maker, but they had those "slider" makers for tiny burgers and a hands-free soap dispenser, but it was HUGE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!