CUSTOM USER TITLES - Why am I seeing HTML code?

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
With the transition, there are some limitations on what can be included in your custom user title area. That includes html and anything too "custom". I know.

Unfortunately, many of you that got tagged by the tag fairy have these lines of code showing up under your avatar, instead of that clever and colorful title. This also includes the sponsor icons (working on a solution).

I am going to think of a way to incorporate the tag fairy back into our world, but it won't be anytime soon, so you will need to go into your user profile and change your custom title. You can just delete it and you will get the default "user title ladder" instead.

What's a User Title Ladder?
  • Earning My Ears - Minimal Posts: 0
  • Mouseketeer: Minimal Posts: 75
  • DIS Veteran: 500

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. And thank you and all of the other webmasters for your diligence and patience with the user community. I am an IT Manager for a large financial firm and know what an undertaking these events are. You guys\gals have done a tremendous job managing downtime as well as making the transition as smooth as possible. Thanks for all that you do!

Would it be worth running a process to clean that database field of any HTML content? (or a quicker solution, just delete any such entries which contain "<", which is basically what you are suggesting users do anyway)

Many users may not be proactive enough to do it themselves, and some may no longer even be active on the site, and it does make the lovely new layouts look a bit messy.

Andre

Last edited:

Would it be worth running a process to clean that database field of any HTML content? (or a quicker solution, just delete any such entries which contain "<", which is basically what you are suggesting users do anyway)

Many users may not be proactive enough to do it themselves, and some may no longer even be active on the site, and it does make the lovely new layouts look a bit messy.

Andre
Great idea. Of course that's why my staff wants to lynch me on occasion b\c my great ideas generate a lot of work for them! :P

How do I change the custom user title?

On the blue bar at the top right, click on your username
A menu will appear, click on Personal Details
The Custom Title field is directly below where you can change the avatar

Thank you....

Corey, maybe we could use an expanded title ladder? :)

It also broke sponsorship graphic tags :(

So sad to lose my tag. It truly did make me feel special :-(

Hover over your username or click on it - choose "Personal Details" in the pop-up menu.
Maybe just brain dead but clicking on my username does not give me a drop down menu just a box with my new avatar & a link to my profile

Maybe just brain dead but clicking on my username does not give me a drop down menu just a box with my new avatar & a link to my profile

Are you on a tablet/phone? Perhaps it doesn't work on those. It definitely works in Firefox on my Windows box.

Edit: I see you found it. I forgot to say, your username in the upper right of the page...

Yup, I was clicking on my username in my post. Thank you so much and to everyone on the Tech Board. Have found the answer to all my questions so far (and I had a lot!!!)

Well, that was odd. My posts here have disappeared. But I thank everyone for their help.

Well, that was odd. My posts here have disappeared. But I thank everyone for their help.

Are you certain you posted on this thread? There are a few threads about "tags" and it appears you posted on one on the Community Forum. And you also posted about your custom title on another Community Board thread titled "Really Need Prayers Please." You might check one of those for your posts.

Please help. On my profile, i see first and last name. How would I change? I don’t see any option to choose username. Thanks

Please help. On my profile, i see first and last name. How would I change? I don’t see any option to choose username. Thanks

The username can't be changed. Since you just joined, I recommend creating another new account with the username you'd prefer. I don't recall exactly where that is in the registration process, but just watch the fields closely this time. Before doing that, you may need to go into your current account and change the email address -- just make it something gibberish if necessary since you won't plan to access it again. Then log-out and create your new account.

ETA: I just went to look. The "name" field should be what you want as a user name, you do not have to provide your real name on the registration, at least not on the initial screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!