Custom Shirts?

Sorry to dig up this thread! I did a search and it came up. Did those of you who make your own shirts use iron on transfers? Or...how did you do it!? I attempted iron on transfers but they turned out so stiff...it honestly looks strange when I put on my shirt! The material buckles weird around the iron on. I am trying to decide what I can do now. Would having a professional tshirt place use their materials and machines to do a transfer make it better/softer!? Do I have any other option? My friend's husband made our design for us and I LOVE it! Just want to do it justice... Also, my family is picky with shirts so I have specific white shirts to use...

Following bc I'm having the same issue with the way it looks. I think it's better if you have a cricut so the design is smaller, but if you have to just do a larger design it does get all stiff and weird.
I would totally buy a custom iron on from Etsy, but those all seem to be "print your own" rather than they print it on vinyl and cut it to size to ship to me. I'd kill for those!

My other issue is that you're supposed to wash the shirt first without fabric softener. But then that makes it impossible to iron out all the wrinkles before applying the iron on, it seems. And then the shirt is so uncomfortable. It was a Jerzees brand tee. Maybe there are better ones?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter