Currently Available and Available to Bank is Different

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
My contracts are current, no banked points, no borrowed points. But in My DVC, the "Available to Bank" is 10 points lower than the Currently Available. I assume I'm an idiot for not understanding why, but can you shed some light?

If contracts are current use year points and you are not beyond the eighth month of your use year, then total you should be able to bank should equal the total points in your contracts. If that is not what you are getting, then something is wrong with the system and you will need to call.

Do you have any points that were banked into the current UY? If so, they can not be banked again.

If you transfered points, you can't bank them. They also might be in holding. Once, Disney messed my points up when they combined my reservations and put a bunch of points in holding.

If you transfered points, you can't bank them. They also might be in holding. Once, Disney messed my points up when they combined my reservations and put a bunch of points in holding.

I bought a resale in June that had 104 points banked from 2020, but I booked a reservation for January 2022 that uses 120 points.

I bought a resale in June that had 104 points banked from 2020, but I booked a reservation for January 2022 that uses 120 points.

Go "modify" that reservation, and just change the screen where it asks which contract to pull from. It should make sure it pulls the banked points. If you canceled or modified, those banked points can just be floating around.

If that doesn't work, just add or delete a person. It should take the floating banked points.

Go "modify" that reservation, and just change the screen where it asks which contract to pull from. It should make sure it pulls the banked points. If you canceled or modified, those banked points can just be floating around.

If that doesn't work, just add or delete a person. It should take the floating banked points.
Already did. It definitely used the banked points.

If you booked something before the January reservation, it might have been holding some banked points. When you modify, it can release them.

It sounds like all your banked points are not in the reservation. If you have more than one booked, modify all of them without changing a thing, making sure all contracts are checked, to see if it fixes it. I have had to do that a few times when I changed things up.

If not, I’d call and have someone check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter