Current reservations safe during title transfer?

wdw_explorer

Earning My Ears
I am writing because we want to begin the process of transferring our DVC ownership to a trust. My wife and I are both the sole trustees and the current owners of all the deeds in our membership.

The worry is that we currently have a summer trip planned (PVB and BWV) and want to know if these reservations will be be cancelled due to the transfer title or if they will remain unaffected. If they can be protected is there anything we need to do to or does it happen automatically?

Thanks for any info you can provide!!

Stuart

Pretty sure you cannot transfer title with open bookings, because you are changing ownership.

I am writing because we want to begin the process of transferring our DVC ownership to a trust. My wife and I are both the sole trustees and the current owners of all the deeds in our membership.

The worry is that we currently have a summer trip planned (PVB and BWV) and want to know if these reservations will be be cancelled due to the transfer title or if they will remain unaffected. If they can be protected is there anything we need to do to or does it happen automatically?

Thanks for any info you can provide!!

Stuart
I worked with DVC on this myself and as long as at the very least one of the current title holders is the current trustee of the trust they will transfer it and keep your reservations in place. It took many calls up the chain of command to make sure that was 100% certain before I did a title transfer, but every person gave a "should be correct" to the final person giving the "it is correct" which was when I was comfortable with doing the process.

The only issue is that once they start to process the title change you will lose access to modify or change your reservations for a few days to a week. Just while they process it through the system. So I just did my title transfer to avoid the 7 month window for a reservation I knew I wanted to change.

The above is correct if the title transfer is to a trust where one of the original title holders isn't on the trust as the trustee or you sell/gift the membership to someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter