Current photo of Castle while being refurbished

Geemo

DIS Veteran
I've read about the castle walk through being closed for refurbishment.
I'm having trouble picturing it in my mind.

Is it like when they tent a house for termites?

Can someone please post a picture of how the castle looks during the refurb?

What is the anticipated end date of the refurb?

TIA

Geemo

refurb is till 2 march, but I read on mice chat that the walk through will open on that date and the unveiling of the actual castle will not be untill may

Any thoughts on the quickest route through to Peter Pan in the am with the walk through closed?:goodvibes

Any thoughts on the quickest route through to Peter Pan in the am with the walk through closed?:goodvibes

I went this past Wednesday and the left side of the castle, by Princess Fantasy Fair, was open to walk through. Forgot to check if the right said was open. I don't think so, since Snow Whites Grotto and Wishing Well is being refurbed too.

HTH;
Kriss pirate:

I went this past Wednesday and the left side of the castle, by Princess Fantasy Fair, was open to walk through. Forgot to check if the right said was open. I don't think so, since Snow Whites Grotto and Wishing Well is being refurbed too.

HTH;
Kriss pirate:

I was at the park last night and only the walk through from Princess Fantasy Fair was open, which I noticed after having walking all the way around by Alice in Wonderland thinking that it would be blocked since the Snow White's Grotto walkthrough was blocked by a covered silver barricade.

refurb is till 2 march, but I read on mice chat that the walk through will open on that date and the unveiling of the actual castle will not be untill may

Oh no, that's not what I wanted to hear :( I am going with my dad for the first time since I was a very little kid (and it will probably be his last time), so I was looking forward to getting some pictures with the iconic castle. We are going May 6 and 7, but I'm guessing that if they are waiting till May, they are waiting till the 15th :(

Interesting. Contradicts everything people have been told by CMs, including me. If that's true, it's disgusting that the castle is covered for such a large chunk of the year.

The "castle walkthrough" that's currently closed is the actual story of Sleeping Beauty portion of the castle with the dioramas and story books. Not the ability to pass under the castle into FL.

The "castle walkthrough" that's currently closed is the actual story of Sleeping Beauty portion of the castle with the dioramas and story books. Not the ability to pass under the castle into FL.

I was at the park on Wednesday night and it's the opposite. There is an 8-10 ft high wooden wall sitting right at the start to the drawbridge and on the FL side there is a covered silver barricade blocking you from walking through. The Sleeping Beauty walkthrough door was open as is the path between Princess Fantasy Fair and FL. The path by Snow White's Grotto was also blocked by covered barricades.

disney_0408_009_zps79588892.jpg

What the castle looked like when it was tarped prior the 50th anniv.
There is a strong possibility that the tarps will be painted to look the castle this time around.

Found the above by googling "disneyland castle tarped"

Interesting. Contradicts everything people have been told by CMs, including me. If that's true, it's disgusting that the castle is covered for such a large chunk of the year.

I agree. We have a trip planned for early May, and the castle being "tarped" - while it wouldn't ruin our trip - would just be sad.

Can you share what you were told by CMs? Maybe it would give hope to some of us...

I was info'd by 2 people at Disney that the castle should be uncovered March 3 (as long as there is no delays) :cloud9:

Omg! What a hideous eye sore man! :faint: to almost infinity!
Is that being too dramatic? Oh well.....lmao! :faint:

disney_0408_009_zps79588892.jpg

What the castle looked like when it was tarped prior the 50th anniv.
There is a strong possibility that the tarps will be painted to look the castle this time around.

Found the above by googling "disneyland castle tarped"

UGH! I remember seeing that ugly tarp! I heard that the tarp this time around will be painted to look like the castle, like the tarps they had on Main Street not too long ago. I'll be there next weekend with a first timer, so I hope they haven't put up the tarps yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter