Current Onboard extra tips - Cash or not

Henlady

DIS Veteran
Can you currently tip extra onboard in cash or only through your onboard account?

You can do either for bar servers. The charge goes to your app, where you can apply additional tip. We always tip the servers in cash and select no extra tip on the app charge.

We used cash for room service since there was no account option for that. They also still did the little envelopes for the servers/room host so I think you could add cash to those if that's what you were looking for.

We used cash for room service since there was no account option for that. They also still did the little envelopes for the servers/room host so I think you could add cash to those if that's what you were looking for.
Yes, thank you. I have always tipped cash for room service and extra in the envelopes but people on my fb group were insisting you couldn’t give cash anymore that it had to be done through the app and onboard account.

I was able to add a tip for room service in the app this past weekend. I was planning on tipping cash but saw a notice from the app that I had a transaction (this was about 15 minutes before breakfast was scheduled to be delivered) and added the tip that way. But I’m sure they would be happy to take cash.

I also added extra in cash to the envelopes for servers and stateroom host because I didn’t want to deal with asking guest services to add it to my account.

Ah -- I had assumed the room service had no app option but perhaps I just wasn't the one that received it. I definitely handed cash myself to the servers in the concierge lounge though. Are people saying that if you were to try to hand someone cash, they would reject it?

Ah -- I had assumed the room service had no app option but perhaps I just wasn't the one that received it. I definitely handed cash myself to the servers in the concierge lounge though. Are people saying that if you were to try to hand someone cash, they would reject it?
They were declaring that DCL did not want cash beiygiven due to Covid and that you should only do it via app. I had not seen anything noted like that elsewhere so wanted to check with those who sailed recently to learn of their experiences.

Okay, so who doesn't want cash which goes in the pocket rather than an "electronic" tip that goes into your reported income> Besides, COVID doesn't stick to green (or so I have been told).

I was in The Tube on the Fantasy and bought a couple of drinks. I was able to tip on that electronic Ipad device the servers carry around.

Side note, they had a juggler on the cruise who was (Larry David voice) pretty, pretty, pretty good. You have to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm to get it. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter