Current Blue Bayou Menu Reviews?

My mom and I talked about going, but we look at the menu and we can't really justify it when there are much better options at the DLR. I don't eat seafood, and she's not able to eat it, so that's out. And I like steak, but HATE filet mignon (yes, I know, that's not the norm). And I'm not all that keen on a Monte Cristo either, so it'd be chicken gumbo for me too! They need to add back a good chicken option as an entree, or pork, or BOTH.

I've only been once since the parks reopened and that was in Dec. I went with my sister and we split the Monte Cristo, which we found quite delicious and plenty of food even though it's smaller than the old one. We had a lovely table by the water and we each had a hurricane drink. Actually, we may have had 2. Anyway, our waiter was outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
When you split the month cristo did they charge you a split charge?

When you split the month cristo did they charge you a split charge?
Yes. They asked if we wanted to do a shared plate or a split plate. We opted for the split plate (they divide it up for you on separate plates in the kitchen and you each get your own sides). I think it was $10. The shared plate is when you don't get separate sides and you split it yourselves. There is no charge for that.

I asked my sister if we had 1 or 2 of the hurricane drinks. I was thinking we wanted a second but then were so full we didn't get a second drink or dessert (we were going to have creme brulee). She confirmed that we each had one and were too full for dessert, too. Neither of us even finished our half of the Monte Cristo.

There is zero on the main menu our family is interested but we want the experience. So we're going at an off time to do just dessert and drinks. :)

There is zero on the main menu our family is interested but we want the experience. So we're going at an off time to do just dessert and drinks. :)
I don’t know if this is still the case, but when they first started serving alcoholic beverages they made you purchase an entree in order to buy alcohol. Maybe it’s changed though.

I've only been once since the parks reopened and that was in Dec. I went with my sister and we split the Monte Cristo, which we found quite delicious and plenty of food even though it's smaller than the old one. We had a lovely table by the water and we each had a hurricane drink. Actually, we may have had 2. Anyway, our waiter was outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
We also have had good experiences at BB since they reopened. We've dined there 5 or 6 times. Servers have been quite good and the kitchen has always been willing and able to accommodate my allergies.

I noticed they also got rid of the kids mac and cheese. Why keep limiting the menu options especially for kids? Frustrating. We used to love Blue Bayou but our experience on Thanksgiving there last year was so horrible with all these changes and looks like it's still downhill from there... guess if we wanted to enjoy the ambiance we could just get a salad and dessert and keep it simple.

Anyone know if they released the new Fantasmic menu yet?
They have. $89/adult; $35/child

Attachments

• 6B293442-C83D-4E44-8520-FBD269B762DF.jpeg
    6B293442-C83D-4E44-8520-FBD269B762DF.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 116
  • C2AE70C2-D51C-4F70-B987-6CF22A552BCE.jpeg
    C2AE70C2-D51C-4F70-B987-6CF22A552BCE.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 114
So can you go and just order apps and desserts?
Of course not if you're doing a Fantastic package. But I'm not sure otherwise. I secured more than one Blue Bayou ADR, not for F!, and if we weren't locked in to a whole meal+, I'd consider keeping one for the full meal and a second for drinks and dessert.

Of course not if you're doing a Fantastic package. But I'm not sure otherwise. I secured more than one Blue Bayou ADR, not for F!, and if we weren't locked in to a whole meal+, I'd consider keeping one for the full meal and a second for drinks and dessert.
Nah , we just did straight ADR’s.

But we got a 12:30pm there and a 3pm at trader sams. I do not want to give up Trader Sams for lunch, but would like to experinece Blue Bayou for maybe drinks, a salad or soup and dessert.

Nah , we just did straight ADR’s.

But we got a 12:30pm there and a 3pm at trader sams. I do not want to give up Trader Sams for lunch, but would like to experinece Blue Bayou for maybe drinks, a salad or soup and dessert.
Trader sams!!! I love it! We are going on our arrival day for dinner

I wouldn't recommend going to Blue Bayou for the food. It has never been anything special. The food at Mimi's on Harbor is just as good at 1/3 the price. The reason to go to Blue Bayou is to get a water side seat and watch the boats go by. The unique atmosphere is what makes this place special.

Bumping to see if there are any recent reviews...
I went for lunch about a month ago. We got a waterside table which was really nice, but overall the experience was quite a downgrade from when we went in December. The food was pretty much the same, which is to say it was average but overpriced, but our service was far worse. It's not that the staff was rude, they were just understaffed I guess because although they came around to check on us, it took forever to get our lunch, then our dessert, then our bill. Our drinks didn't come until after our food. I really think it was simply a matter of staffing shortages.

I went for lunch about a month ago. We got a waterside table which was really nice, but overall the experience was quite a downgrade from when we went in December. The food was pretty much the same, which is to say it was average but overpriced, but our service was far worse. It's not that the staff was rude, they were just understaffed I guess because although they came around to check on us, it took forever to get our lunch, then our dessert, then our bill. Our drinks didn't come until after our food. I really think it was simply a matter of staffing shortages.

That sounds really frustrating. 🙁 I go mostly for the atmosphere, but I have also enjoyed the food for the most part. The menu just isn't all that appealing right now. Combine that with staffing shortages and I am left wondering if it is even worth it.

We'll be eating there this month. This thread has me worried, especially if they nixed the bread. We easily would go through 2-3 baskets per sitting. Best part of the meal.

I'm wondering why they don't just make the bread a menu item that they charge for? It never made any sense to me that restaurants will charge you $5 for a coke that costs them pennies while at the same time giving you free bread when it costs them several dollars a basket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter