Curious to see how fast resorts start to fill up. Post your experience!

We are planning on February 2020. Do we need to book a room now at All Stars or do you think we're safe to still wait a bit?

We've had our December reservation at CSR for about 6 weeks already. We knew SWGE would be open by than and weren't taking any chances. Dec. 20 to Jan. 3rd. It's going to be awesome!

I'd love to know how fast resorts start to sell out now.

Which resorts? How fast? How far out will people book now? You can only book room only, over the phone for 2020, will more people do that?

This is all going to be so interesting...
I had a trip for Monday, September 2 at pop when they mad the answment I hoped online and booked a room for August 28-September 2 I got the summer deal for the room. check back later that day and the summer room deal was gone checked a little later and it was back.

I looked up Pop for our stay at end of September. (We are already booked) The room discount wasn’t available anymore but the resort wasn’t sold out. I am hoping this is a good thing.

We are going Sept.14-22 and I just checked availability for a family of 5 with the Fun and Sun offer and there is still lots of availability. I then checked for a family of 4 for at the same time and even more availability. We are already booked so I haven't been keeping track of resort prices recently. When did POR jump to $307 a night for a riverview room? With Fun and Sun offer it's down to 276.75 but it still seems like a lot for a Moderate resort?!

For our trip Sep 10-14 when I looked this AM, there was NONE!!! Absolutely insane...............................:confused3

A couple of thoughts:

1. I think some people have shifted their resort reservations from April 28-May 3 to after SWGE opens. I had All Star Music reserved for April 28-May 2, but couldn't find availability for May 3 without paying a lot more. Then on March 5 I was able to book ASMovies for May 3, and yesterday I was able to book an annual passholder rate at ASMovies for all 5 nights.

2. I'm really glad I booked a Bounceback rate at All Star Sports for mid-December when I was at WDW in mid-Feb. I had hoped there would be passholder discounts down the road for December, but Disney probably doesn't need to offer discounts to fill their resorts during the last quarter of 2019.

I cannot get the POP 11/29 thru 12/7 unless I do a split stay. It's been like this for the last couple weeks (believe me, I check every day). I figured that some of those reservations would be in anticipation of Galaxy's Edge originally opening in late fall, so I hope something opens up soon. We've been staying at the POP for years, and I never had this much trouble getting a reservation. If I do a split stay, I can get any room category. But, I really don't want to change rooms in the middle of my vacation. I know they try to accommodate you and combine the reservations, but no guarantees. Come on... Someone cancel already! =)

I cannot get the POP 11/29 thru 12/7 unless I do a split stay. It's been like this for the last couple weeks (believe me, I check every day). I figured that some of those reservations would be in anticipation of Galaxy's Edge originally opening in late fall, so I hope something opens up soon. We've been staying at the POP for years, and I never had this much trouble getting a reservation. If I do a split stay, I can get any room category. But, I really don't want to change rooms in the middle of my vacation. I know they try to accommodate you and combine the reservations, but no guarantees. Come on... Someone cancel already! =)

I would book the split stay this is what I did 11 days at pop add a few day to be there opening day

@jennapens this was said earlier in the thread. Might be an option for you:

If you do a split stay at the same resort with a non discount room, you can call and have them combine it to 1 reservation so you can get 60+14 fp's and not have to change rooms...you might have to request guest services to do that..I've done this many times.

And..calling in to a regular cm can have mixed results..sometimes they can only see what you see online and will say you can't get a room for that long..Guest services can fix that.

We are planning on February 2020. Do we need to book a room now at All Stars or do you think we're safe to still wait a bit?

Was thinking the same thing! We are doing second week of January and are working with a TA. She said the packages won’t come out till June so we’re waiting till then. But I am going to ask her if we should book a room-only reservation just in case. I also know this is probably not necessary but I’m worried!

Our trip is Aug 29 to Sept 7 at POP. We booked January 2. Checked out dates and there's still availability for POP and the All Stars. I was surprised!

There was pretty good availability when I booked for two different times this fall (one in Sept and one in Dec) - but only at rack rates - the discount offer that goes through Sept wasn't available for any date/resort combo I was looking at. I loved the WARNING on my reservations that made it clear there was no guarantee I would get into Galaxy's Edge......

Booked 3 nights at All Star Movies this morning for 9/25-28 only thing I saw was a warning about possibly not getting into Galaxy's Edge

Was thinking the same thing! We are doing second week of January and are working with a TA. She said the packages won’t come out till June so we’re waiting till then. But I am going to ask her if we should book a room-only reservation just in case. I also know this is probably not necessary but I’m worried!

We booked already for May 2020, but we only did that because I have my heart set on a boardwalk view at Boarwalk Inn, so we booked as soon as we could to make sure I get it! :)

It's hard because you don't know how many people may be calling to book over phone, but I imagine most don't even know that's an option, so you probably are safe to wait until packages come out.

Happy planning!

DVC still has decent availability for 2 bedrooms. There is nothing at Boardwalk or Beach Club but most other resorts have something.

Wait, I'm confused, y'all are worried about 2020 selling out?
That's not a concern. In the slightest.

I think the concern is that those folks who have dates set in stone for whatever reason are worried they will not find a resort in their price point and/or preference.

I am really glad I booked my December 6th room last year because I rather doubt I could find that room at that price for those dates if I looked today. I have specific dates that I can travel, and I have specific preferences in regards to resorts, and looking at reports of resort availability today is way different than it was several months agao.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter