Curious to know if anyone has tried this.................to get to Disney Springs

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
We need to get from the Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs for an ADR at Fultons. Knowing there aren't direct connections to DS my wife and I came up with this adventure:

1. 5:30pm Take a bus from MK to POFQ or POR.
2. 6:00pm Get on boat to DS
3. 6:20pm Walk to Boathouse for a congratulatory drink.....8-)
4. 7:20pm Walk to Fulton's for Lobster :D

Thoughts..........:-)

Doug :goofy:

We did it a few years ago. You could also take a bus to SSR, get off at Congress Park and walk to DS.
Good thoughts here..........we're looking for a bit of an adventure..........but if my times are optimistic.............we may go with the bus to SSR and then walk to DS.

Thanks again..........keep'em coming :)

Good thoughts here..........we're looking for a bit of an adventure..........but if my times are optimistic.............we may go with the bus to SSR and then walk to DS.

You could just go with whichever bus shows up first. Keep in mind the boat ride from POFQ to DS is about 15 minutes long.

I don't care for bus rides, but boat rides are fun!

If you have time to kill, go for it.

I would go the CR route myself though!

the boats are fun but you might want to check into approximately how often they come. We stayed at POFQ about 5 years ago - we never had a bad wait for a boat to DTD/ DS but we were never on a timeline...

I do think the boat rides are nice - (particularly from OKW!) but they don't run that frequently and the ride to DTD takes a good amount of time as well. Your plan would need to factor in 20ish minutes possible wait times for the boat and bus in addition to the actual travel time. You may end up having the drink at the boathouse after your dinner!

We were in AK in August and wanted to go to DSprings so we took the first arriving bus for either a boat ride or SSR and OKW came first, we enjoyed this but it did take a very long time.

You have factored in a good amount of time between drinks and dinner reservations at Fultons...so I think you will be okay.
Even with longer bus wait times (they are not all that fast lately) and the boat ride from POR . It is good that you have an hour built in for delays.
Have lots of fun on your adventure! :)

Bad weather, eg wind stops the boats running, and then you could be at POFQ waiting for the DTD bus which takes awhile to activate.

The boat is way better than the bus though, so if weather is good go for it. Personally though I would take bus to SSR and walk from there. After long day at MK I would want to ensure time for the drinks.:)

I always schedule time for the Sassagoula River Cruise when going to Disney Springs-it's GREAT fun!:)

Sounds good to me, I agree you might want to pad a little for travel time. I also agree, I'd just take the first bus to arrive but the bus stops are not together not sure if they are even at the same depot so that might not be so easy.

I vote to take a bus to old key west then a boat to Disney spring. Old key west had a special place in my heart.
Exit the bus at the Miller's Road (first) stop. Turn right off the bus. Walk back the way you came a little. Cross over to the back of Hospitality House at the crosswalk. Boat dock is on your right, down the stairs.

We need to get from the Magic Kingdom to Disney Springs for an ADR at Fultons. Knowing there aren't direct connections to DS my wife and I came up with this adventure:

1. 5:30pm Take a bus from MK to POFQ or POR.
2. 6:00pm Get on boat to DS
3. 6:20pm Walk to Boathouse for a congratulatory drink.....8-)
4. 7:20pm Walk to Fulton's for Lobster :D

Thoughts..........:-)

Those are actually my plans too but I'll be coming from HS and will be able to leave after 1:45 lunch reservation at SciFi. No dinner plans...just shopping. :yay: It's my understanding Disney will be offering free shipping home until Nov. 22nd; that will help a LOT with my Christmas shopping. :woohoo: :tink:

Having stayed at POFQ several times, the boat to DD / DS was one of the best perks. I like your idea. We never had to wait too long for a boat but when my sister stayed there she had a terrible time and ended up not using them. I would plan for the boat and if it takes more time than planned, cut out your congratulatory drink and get one at Fulton's. If weather is bad, opt for the bus. (Not sure when you are going but we have been there in December and boats can be chilly in the evening so make sure you are dressed appropriately)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter