CSR or BWV

Butterflygirl35

DIS Veteran
Here we go again... I am bad at decisions... For Jan trip

For almost same price...

CSR or BWV (renting points)

Which would you prefer and why??

You really cant go wrong with either!!! I love CSR its my favorite mod out of all of them but I think having to perks of close proximity to Epcot and DS would probably sway me towards BWV....Good Luck! :)

You really cant go wrong with either!!! I love CSR its my favorite mod out of all of them but I think having to perks of close proximity to Epcot and DS would probably sway me towards BWV....Good Luck! :)

That's why this is a hard decision... I love CSR but I am curious to try BWV..

Who is in your group and would you be renting a studio, 1BR or a 2BR? We switched our June reservation from a junior suite at CSR to a 2 BR at BWV (we rented points). The room was great with plenty of space, a full kitchen, and a washer and dryer (which came in handy when we got caught in the rain). We had five in our group - me, DH, our two DDs, and DD13's best friend. For the four of us, we would rent a one BR, but I would rather be in a room at CSR than in a studio since CSR has two queen beds and a BWV studio is one queen and a pullout sofa. I will say that the kids found the pullouts at BWV to be very comfortable, but I don't find the studios to be better than a regular resort room.

The beds at CSR and at BWV are both very comfortable. The kids liked the pool and slide at CSR much better. That might not matter to you for a January trip. We enjoyed walking to Epcot and walking or taking the boat to DHS. We drove to AK, and we drove some and used the buses some for MK. I preferred to drive to MK from BWV since the bus stopped at several resorts.

BWV is DH's new favorite resort, partly because he loves the Epcot area (previous favorite was Beach Club) and partly because we were spoiled with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

Paying cash, I would pick CSR every time for the value for the price paid - it has everything we want in a resort at a great price. If you can rent points for a 1 BR or a 2BR, I think you will really enjoy BWV. You probably know that renting is much less flexible in terms of canceling or changing dates and you don't get daily housekeeping. If you can find a rental at a good rate and can live with the rental terms, it is a great value.

It is me, DH, DS (5), DD (9)..

It would be a studio and I got a great price

We never rent bigger units because we are a small family and my kids won't sleep in a separate room. My DS is autistic and sleeps better in a strange place when we are in the same room... My kids are tiny and easily share a bed

I also love pool at CSR and that's part of why it is hard to decide, not to mention the comfy beds... It is my favorite MOD.

We don't care for housekeeping anyways... Kitchenette area is an added bonus in studios

I just don't want to be disappointed in choosing BWV..

Forgt to add that if no discounts come out CSR is $150 more for thee nights than BWV which really is not a big deal either way

My question is will your kids be OK sharing a double sofabed vs a regular queen bed.

It is me, DH, DS (5), DD (9)..

It would be a studio and I got a great price

We never rent bigger units because we are a small family and my kids won't sleep in a separate room. My DS is autistic and sleeps better in a strange place when we are in the same room... My kids are tiny and easily share a bed

I also love pool at CSR and that's part of why it is hard to decide, not to mention the comfy beds... It is my favorite MOD.

We don't care for housekeeping anyways... Kitchenette area is an added bonus in studios

I just don't want to be disappointed in choosing BWV..

In January, I would guess you wouldn't be doing much swimming. I wouldn't let that be a factor in deciding.

How many days will you be there? If it's 5 days or less, I'd choose BWV because you will save yourself a ton of time on travel since Epcot and DHS are so close. If you'll be there longer, I'd say CSR because the travel time won't be as crucial. One thing I don't like about DVC units is that there is not daily housekeeping. I could tolerate this on a shorter trip but if I was going to be there for a week or longer, I'd probably want it more frequently than every 4 days.

I own DVC and I would not stay in a studio if the sofa bed has to be used as a bed. The room becomes so small with it pulled out. Add in that there's very little area for clothing storage and the room becomes a tight and cluttered space.

Yes they are tiny and already did in SSR easily..

I personally like CSR rooms better but the location for BWV is what tempting me

I love walking around in the evenings after baths, dinner, etc...

And the walk to Epcot...

Yes they are tiny and already did in SSR easily..

I personally like CSR rooms better but the location for BWV is what tempting me

I love walking around in the evenings after baths, dinner, etc...

And the walk to Epcot...

We are a big CSR family, but there is nothing like having the Boardwalk area, Beaches and Cream, and EPCOT in walking distance!

I say go for it!

It is only for three nights, we are FL residents and prefer to go a few times a year for shorter trips...So storage is not a main concern..

My question is if the Epcot area really is worth the hype ?

Plus it won't hurt to save $150 by not having housekeeping... I don't mind not having housekeeping or extra toiletries, I usually put up do not disturb sign anyways for privacy...

I don't know why I am stressing so much over January when we will be in Grand Floridian in about two weeks...I haven't even arrived and already worried about my next trip

It is only for three nights, we are FL residents and prefer to go a few times a year for shorter trips...So storage is not a main concern..

Plus it won't hurt to save $150 by not having housekeeping... I don't mind not having housekeeping or extra toiletries, I usually put up do not disturb sign anyways for privacy...

I don't know why I am stressing so much over January when we will be in Grand Floridian in about two weeks...I haven't even arrived and already worried about my next trip

If you haven't stayed at EPCOT do yourself a favor and do it. My pp is just a couple of the reasons we love the area. Any chance to get a similar deal at BCV? SAB would be an even nicer perk.

If you haven't stayed at EPCOT do yourself a favor and do it. My pp is just a couple of the reasons we love the area. Any chance to get a similar deal at BCV? SAB would be an even nicer perk.

No there wasnt any availability, it was BWV, AKL or OKW

I have been to OKW and it was nice, AKL has no appeal to me...Far from everything and my kids aren't into animals.. My first choice was Bay Lake...

Ive decided to go with BWV...

I am just discovering point rentals and have done a little research online but am still new to the process. So you can book January now and they still have availability? I am also looking at a studio rental -just me, DH and DS who is 7. What rental company are you using or are you dealing directly with an owner? Sounds like you've done this before and had success? I just feel that we may be able to stay deluxe for a mod price if we rent points so thanks for any insight!

To be able to walk or boat to two of the four parks and not have to take the bus or drive is worth it, IMO. It's especially nice if you like to take breaks.

I am just discovering point rentals and have done a little research online but am still new to the process. So you can book January now and they still have availability? I am also looking at a studio rental -just me, DH and DS who is 7. What rental company are you using or are you dealing directly with an owner? Sounds like you've done this before and had success? I just feel that we may be able to stay deluxe for a mod price if we rent points so thanks for any insight!

You should book about 7 months out if you are renting but being that January is the slowest month of the year, they would still have availability most likely. Whenever you rent points, even with a company, the transaction goes through the owner. The company just acts a liaison and may or may not offer some sort of protection. Also, if you want to do DDP, you won't be eligible for any free dining offers to my knowledge and you have to pay for the dining plan up front when making the reservation so the DVC owner can add it on. If you're willing to do this and don't mind the lack of daily housekeeping, you can get some really good prices.

This is my third time. I use Timeshare Store as they only charge $12 a point

As for availability it is luck....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter