CSR - Just Back

qman

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a one week (2/10 to 2/18) stay at CSR, our third time at the resort:

DME (inbound) - We walked directly onto a bus (at 7:30 pm) and left for CSR (the first stop) within five minutes. However, our luggage did not get to our room until 12:30 am (three bags) and 2:30 am (two more bags).

Check-In - I tried the on-line check-in and that seemed to speed up the check-in process. My one problem was the gentleman in front of me in line had some issue with his bill (how the discount was calculated) so I was hung up waiting for him. Even so our line moved much quicker then the regular line. The young lady working the counter was very nice but her English (she was from Japan) was lacking and I had a hard time understanding some of her questions.

Room - We had a regular (non-view) room in the Cabanas overlooking the parking lot. The new queen beds are nice as was the new flat screen TV. The solid sliding doors for the bathroom area (replacing the curtain) were a little heavy and didn't quite close all the way. Overall we were very happy with the room.

Housekeeping - The room was very clean and the staff did a nice job cleaning around our messes and piles. They also did a nice job arranging and rearranging the kids stuffed animals. They also did a nice job to responding to a special request (a bathroom in need of additional cleaning due to a sick child).

Pepper Market - Ah, the Pepper Market...the food was okay, not bad (not great). The table service was okay I guess, again not good or bad. The food service in terms of timeliness and staffing was spotty. I'm a path of least resistance kind of guy so I headed towards the shorter lines. But at one point my son was trying to get service from the kids area in the back lefthand side and they had one person working three stations (not good). Overall I found it disappointing.

RIX (Quick Service) - I was only in there a few times to pick up snacks, I found the staffing at the cash registers to inadequate (long lines were common). The food offerings were okay.

Grounds - The resort was beautiful and well kept (as usual).

DME (Outbound) - We received our homeward boarding passes (and luggage tags)from DME at my room which I had not expected but was greatly appreciated. I did find the information on paying for bag fees a bit confusing but overall the process was great.

Overall we really enjoyed our visit at CSR and would recommend it to others.

Thanks for the review, we are thinking about staying at CSR for the first tiem in Sept. How where the crouds? Was there any converntions going on and if so did it have a big impact on the pool area? etc?

I saw that you are from Southern Me? May I ask where abouts? New Hampshire here just over the boarder from Maine, I may have a fellow disboarder close to us :cool1:

Thanks again for your review

Dave Goofydad Dionne

It didn't seem very busy but given the nature of Disney resorts, most guest are gone most of the daylight hours, it's hard to say. I've never felt crowded there even though, given the time of year (Presidents Weekend), I'm sure it was fairly full. We did see a few crowds at breakfast, including a pack of 8th Graders from a girls school in Tennessee, but again nothing of note.

I did notice quite a few convention folks (mostly in and around El Centro) and on the buses at night but they were "harmless". The pools, due to the cool weather, were mostly empty. We've been there during warmer weather and have never noticed them having a major impact.

This last trip was our third to CSR, we recommend it highly.

We are from Scarborough, just south of Portland (next to Old Orchard Beach). It's about a 45 minute ride to Portsmouth (NH) from our house.

Thanks for reporting back. So glad that you had a third good trip to the CSR -- this is always good to hear. :)

qman

Thanks again for the great report, I think that will be the resort in Sept. I like the queen beds for a mod price.
I am familiar with Scarborough, My wife went to UNE in Biddiford (20+ years ago) And lived in Portland for a time. I am heading to the Cabela's in a week or so. WE live in Madbury right next to Durham home of UNH.

Glad you had a good trip and thanks again

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter