CSR - Business Class, anyone stayed yet?

nkereina said:
This is what I am struggling with. We don't drink much alcohol but we want to use this for breakfasts. But since breakfast has such limited options such as pastries and fruit, I'm thinking we'd be sick of it after a day or two and i might be pointless :confused3

decisions decisions :upsidedow

I don't drink alcohol at all. But for me, besides the muffins or cereal for breakfast, the couple hundred more dollars was worth it for having a prime area at CSR.

I don't get what's so "prime" about this location. In my opinion, you're closest to the last bus pickup stop for the parks so you may have to stand on the bus if the bus isn't already full and has left for the park before even hitting the El Centro stop. I'd love some insight on this if I'm thinking something wrong about it.

I don't drink alcohol at all. But for me, besides the muffins or cereal for breakfast, the couple hundred more dollars was worth it for having a prime area at CSR.

That's what sold me too. At the other mods you can pay ~$20 more per night to have the best location, but at CSR the preferred rooms really aren't ideal for families because they are close to the convention center rather than the feature pool. So in my mind the location accounts for the a good share of the upgrade cost.

I don't get what's so "prime" about this location. In my opinion, you're closest to the last bus pickup stop for the parks so you may have to stand on the bus if the bus isn't already full and has left for the park before even hitting the El Centro stop. I'd love some insight on this if I'm thinking something wrong about it.

It is close to both the main building and the feature pool. For us, shorter walks to/from an evening swim or a run for mug refills matter more than a shorter walk to an advantageous bus stop in the morning, particularly when we're traveling in the winter months and often find that walk back from the pool to be rather chilly.

It is close to both the main building and the feature pool. For us, shorter walks to/from an evening swim or a run for mug refills matter more than a shorter walk to an advantageous bus stop in the morning, particularly when we're traveling in the winter months and often find that walk back from the pool to be rather chilly.

Yep!

Also I will probably walk to bus stop 3 for morning rope drops. The rest of the day the busses are not busy.

trishadono said:
Yep!

Also I will probably walk to bus stop 3 for morning rope drops. The rest of the day the busses are not busy.

That is exactly my thoughts as well.

trishadono said:
I got the pass holder rate over spring/Easter break. I am paying less than $40 a night for this compared to regular room. If I have 2 glasses of wine and breakfast for myself and my daughter I break even. The sangria's at CSR are the best on property. Night it is only open 5-10 but since the same offerings you can hit it at 5p and head out for night or come back from parks early and catch it at end of day. At Deluxe the appetizers only out 5-7p. Also we are light eaters so fruit n cheese IS a meal for us).

Extra perk is the building location. 9b is right in between feature pool and main building with check-in/food/ shops etc.Also 9b is adjacent to beach area with hammocks and Cabana pool. I am really looking forward to trying it. If you haven't seen pics or video yet, check it out. Also look at a map for 9b location. I would recommend this for a change of pace.

Hope that helps!
CS is my favorite moderate! I have stayed there 5 times and am looking forward to this perk.
Trisha

I just booked it under $150 a night. I can't wait for September!

Opinions/thoughts please for an overwhelmed and confused first timer!

Since we will have access to the lounge, is anything more than the quick serve plan overkill?? I definitely want to do ONE character meal (breakfast at Hollywood & Vine) but that is the only TS that is a must.

Since I've put out the extra money for lounge access should I lower my dining plan or just keep as is and likely get less use of the lounge? Confused! :crazy2:

Since we will have access to the lounge, is anything more than the quick serve plan overkill?? I definitely want to do ONE character meal (breakfast at Hollywood & Vine) but that is the only TS that is a must.

Since I've put out the extra money for lounge access should I lower my dining plan or just keep as is and likely get less use of the lounge? Confused! :crazy2:

I wouldn't lower your dining plan. From the looks of the business class offerings there is no hot food offerings. The morning offerings are typical continental breakfast and cold snacks, chips, fruit, etc at times during the day. If you do enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine they will have those available in the lounge. Like you, I have business class booked but I did it more for the quick breakfast items and the location of the rooms

The lounge is only open in the morning and evenings. They have basically snacks and is certainly no substitution for meals. Cold fruits and pastries in the morning, chips and cookies in the evening. Less than a deluxe club level offering.

If you only want to do one TS meal, you'd save money with the QS meal. But don't let the lounge influence your dining plan choice. You'll be hungry!

Are you able to take the beer/alcohol with you or do you need to stay and drink in the lounge? Just wondering if you would be able to take a couple drinks to the pool or back to the room for the next day at the pool.

I am joining this thread as we just booked CS business class for our October 1st-7th trip. I would love to see more pictures and read reviews from those who have experienced it first hand!

I am joining this thread as we just booked CS business class for our October 1st-7th trip. I would love to see more pictures and read reviews from those who have experienced it first hand!

Go to the CSR thread, the pics are on the first page :)

Ps I am booked for 4/3 with dd 18 for bday. No dh or ds, just girls.

Sorry, just remembered a video of it on youtube too!

For those who have stayed recently, do they still have the robes in the cabana 9b rooms along with the dvd players??

Sad to be leaving today. We had a short 4 night stay but we did a lot a d had fun. Club level was nice and I would definitely do it again. So convenient to go there for a quick breakfast before hurrying to the parks. We eat so much at other meals that its nice to have a lighter meal for breakfast.

We went to Hollywood Studies Wednesday. Hot there about 8:25 thinking I would be there in pretty decent time to get to the front of one of the fur styles. To my pleasant surprise, they opened at 8.30. So glad we were early! And better than that -- no rope drop. They made a much slower paced and safer walk to toy story mania. The park was not busy. We rode TSM 3 times, RnR 4 times, Tower of Terror once the. Back to use our toy story fast pass - all by 10:30. It was great to walk on all these rides.

We did have a rental car and used it. It was much quicker than taking bus especially with our AAA parking pass.

We did have a rental car and used it. It was much quicker than taking bus especially with our AAA parking pass.[/QUOTE]

What is the AAA parking pass?

What is the AAA parking pass?

If you book your package with AAA, a preferred parking voucher is included. It allows you to park in closer parking spaces, which I believe are right after the handicap parking spaces at most parks. You still pay full price for parking. Some AAA clubs will give you a pass just for being a member or for purchasing you tickets through them, but most require you to book your package with them to obtain it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter