Crystal Palace or Be Our Guest for breakfast?!?

JustinS

Mouseketeer
HELP!

I'm trying to decide. I'm taking my girlfriend to wdw for the first time in July (we're in our 20s). I've usually eaten at Crystal Palace for breakfast with an 8:00 or 8:05 reservation in the past. I'm not HUGE on breakfast but it's cool to walk down Main Street empty. Either way. I currently have a reservation there for 8:10 and another at Be Our Guest for 8:00. I also would like to be finished eating for rope drop. I'm not sure which to keep!

Okay, first there is no more empty Main Street. Since BOG opened it is different, not as crowded, but not empty any longer.

I would make my choice based on where I wanted to begin touring. We have been choosing BOG and after we are through we head to Peter Pan. I know a lot of people head to the Mine Train, and next time so will we, but we love the stand by queue for Peter Pan. That attraction back up quickly, so we like the short wait.

I also think that if you are not a big breakfast eater, CP is an expensive way to get that MAin Street picture. I would book BOG, get to the park early enough to be in front of the line, and order one meal to split. There is enough for two when you consider the pastry plate (which seems to change a bit. One time it is mini pastrys that are really lovely, and the next time it is the larger pastries cut in half. Still good but not as good).

Are you planning a lunch or dinner at BOG? If not, I would keep the BOG breakfast. If it's her first time there, it's nice to eat at the Beast's castle at least once.

Are you planning a lunch or dinner at BOG? If not, I would keep the BOG breakfast. If it's her first time there, it's nice to eat at the Beast's castle at least once.

Yes we do have a lunch at BOG. However BOG is close to where we are touring the day (not that CP is far off)...the characters could be fun but I'm not positive it's a necessity.

Yes we do have a lunch at BOG. However BOG is close to where we are touring the day (not that CP is far off)...the characters could be fun but I'm not positive it's a necessity.
Then stick with BOG. I enjoy both breakfast and lunch there. Plus you'll be out in plenty of time to ride the Mine Train or any other rides you desire at opening. :)

I think thats just too much BOG to be honest...for me anyway. I'd go with CP. You'd have a nice variety at the buffet. Plus the made-to-order eggs station is great. You've been to CP BUT she hasn't. I think she'd get a kick out of the characters, they're so sweet. And the atmosphere is gorgeous.

On my last trip I had an 8am ADR, saw all the characters, and was out in plenty of time for rope drop.

I agree with the pp that said there's no such thing as an empty main street. Main street was pretty crowded at 745am. Its actually laughable when people say "empty main street"...as its now a thing of the past!

I was not aware of this aspect. Definitely worth noting.

BOG is NOT character meal, correct?
No. At dinner you may see the Beast but breakfast and lunch is simply CS and no characters. The castle is lovely and well worth the visit

I was not aware of this aspect. Definitely worth noting.

BOG is NOT character meal, correct?

I've never seen an empty main street, even before BOG opened. A couople years back I had an 805am ADR and much to my surprise, it was crowded on main street! This past october, it was even more crowded (due to BOG breakfast). I couldnt believe it, but wasnt surprised really.

Beast is at BOG for dinner, but thats it. Breakfast & Lunch is QS with no characters (you order, sit down, and someone will bring the food to you. You have to get your own drinks and utensils). Its a lovely place, but since you have a lunch ADR already i'd go with CP for breakfast.

Check the menu for BOG. We really didn't like the offerings when we were there, but maybe you will. Because of that, I would go with CP.

If you have/get a FP already for 7DMT or PP - those rides with higher wait times - I would keep Crystal Palace since you already have BOG for lunch.

For our December trip, Crystal palace was a great character interaction but did not really give us a jump on crowds. The price point is also higher since it is a buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!