Crush's Coaster - FP?

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Probably missed this somewhere but does Crush's Coaster have Fastpass? We are due to arrive in DLRP Paris around midday on Sunday (I know it's expected to be very busy that weekend) and wonder whether you think we might be better starting off with Studios - it used to be less busy, but unsure of the impact of the new rides. I am thinking that without FP, Crush might have really long queues at this time.

It had an 85 min wait during the middle of the day at the weekend when we were there a few weeks ago (20 mins wait on the Thursday but that was pre-halloween).

I can't remember if there was a fast pass for it though sorry! I don't recall seeing one but that doesnt mean there isnt!

Sadie

There is no fastpass for Crush Coaster.

Elaine

There will probably never be a fastpass for it either, the ride has a very poor capacity. If they added fastpass the standby line would be twice as long.

I saw a sign on another forum which suggested it was going to be added. But I doubt it will be in time for your trip.

But I can't find the link just now.:confused3

Never say never Happy Tappy. ;-) This picture was taken by Joel last week.

But there are no FP machines yet. Maybe they will be added once TOT is officialy open.

Never say never Happy Tappy. ;-) This picture was taken by Joel last week.

But there are no FP machines yet. Maybe they will be added once TOT is officialy open.

WOW! I'd read on a Disneyland blog that there was no way they'd do it because of the rides capacity. Will be interesting to see how long the standby line gets! Maybe the fastpasses will be very limited and is more of a perk for VIP fastpass holders.

We have just come back from DLRP (20th to 24th Oct) and can report that there is indeed a fastpass for Crush's Coaster and it works.

You need to be aware that even though the Studios don't officially open until 10am at the moment, you can get in to Studio 1 (shops & food) before then, then usually the doors to the rest of the park are opened at 10. However, on the first day we visited the Studio, we arrived at just after 9.30 and the doors from Studio 1 in to the park were already open and the queue for CC stretched from the entrance to the ride almost all the way back to Studio 1.

The fastpass distribution is a temporary measure at the moment and is placed between the entrance to CC and the Magic Carpet ride on a table. There is a fastpass sign up, but will probably be carefully covered up with black cloth. The table is manned by 3 or 4 CMs and at 10am you are allowed to collect your fastpass tickets. They don't publicise what they are doing until 10, but if you ask any CM around the area, they will point you in the right direction.

Because the rest of the family are not in to roller coasters, I collected 2 fastpass tickets to use myself. I was almost at the front of the queue and the times for the fastpasses started from about 11.30.

Bang on the allotted time, I returned to CC. The waiting time for the normal line was showing as 120 minutes !!!!! I joined the fastpass line and was in the turtle shell within 20 minutes. 5 minutes later I was off the ride, out the door and back in the fastpass line for my second ride. I therefore managed to ride CC twice in less that half the time it took someone in the normal queue to do it once. (Backwards the first time and facing forward the second time.)

If you don't mind not riding CC as your first ride, queue up for the fastpass tickets before 10am and collect them as soon as they start distributing them then come back with your tickets after having done several other attractions first. Make sure you get your fastpasses as early as possible as they very quickly run out.

I also did Rock n' Roller coaster twice and the queues for that never exceeded 10 minutes.

If you don't mind not riding CC as your first ride, queue up for the fastpass tickets before 10am and collect them as soon as they start distributing them then come back with your tickets after having done several other attractions first. Make sure you get your fastpasses as early as possible as they very quickly run out.

I also did Rock n' Roller coaster twice and the queues for that never exceeded 10 minutes.

Thanks
That's a really good plan - maybe we'll have our Studios day later in the week then we can be there by 10am

Thank you trublatmill.
But I don’t understand one think. Is there now a real Fastpass machine installed (like at BTM or PP) or do CM’s hand out the FP’s like they did for the Lion King show a while ago? :confused3

Thank you trublatmill.
But I don’t understand one think. Is there now a real Fastpass machine installed (like at BTM or PP) or do CM’s hand out the FP’s like they did for the Lion King show a while ago? :confused3

Currently, there are no FP machines for Crush's Coaster and the CMs hand them out. There were 4 CMs standing behind a table when we were there and they gave you the number you required on production of you park tickets.

As you approach this corner of the Studios, there are FP machines over to thr right hand side, but these are for the magic carpet ride only. The CC fastpass table was situated between CC on the left and the carpet ride on the right.

They didn't publicise what they were doing until 10am when they took the covering off the Fastpass distribution sign, but if you ask a CM, they will point you in the right direction.

does the magic carpet ride ever need fastpass? we usually walk straight on.

trublatmill - we're setting off today so this info is really useful - thank you.

does the magic carpet ride ever need fastpass? we usually walk straight on.

It did at Christmas - but then everything could have done with a fastpass then

We've just (an hour ago!) arrived back from DLRP and went into the Studios on Wednesday - we saw no Fast Passes being handed out for Crush's Coaster and there were people asking for them. CM's just said that there were no Fast Passes for the ride.

We got to the Studio's at about 9.30 am and went straight for Crush; they started running the ride at about 9.50 am and we were on it by 10.10 am so queued for maybe 40 minutes in all. Didn't feel that long though!

I think the best thing to do is get to the Studio's early and go straight to Crush, don't be put off by the line because they didn't let people into the actual queueing area until just before they started the ride.

Have to say it was well worth riding, we thought it was a great ride. Still wouldn't queue for 120 minutes though!

Have to say it was well worth riding, we thought it was a great ride. Still wouldn't queue for 120 minutes though!

My thoughts exactly!! We did the same as you, went straight to the queueing area as soon as we were let into the Studios and were off the ride by 10.10am. I kidded myself we only queued for 10 minutes! :rotfl:

We saw the Fastpass sign but must have missed the Fastpasses being handed out as we were inside the ride by then. I was very very glad to see this ride will have Fastpasses. :goodvibes

Well i was told it the FP at Crush was just a test, and it seemed that the CM's didn't like having FP at the attraction.

Hi Fireking and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

it seemed that the CM's didn't like having FP at the attraction.
I wonder why :confused3

I wonder why :confused3
Well the had people running towards the attraction to get a fastpass, and the cm's go a bit scared when that happened, this was not just walking people, if i heard correctly it was a stampede of people running to get a fastpass:rotfl2: But they also said the lines are even longer for the stand-by line with the fastpass there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter