Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

If you don't want to get a Target Red card BJ's whole sale club on line has $100 disney gift cards for $94.99 with free shipping. You don't have to be a member to purchase! www.bjs.com

Correct. And the last couple of coupon books that BJ's has sent out has $10 off $150 coupons on the cover. I'm pretty sure gift cards are not excluded. Also, its over now, but the first half of the year Discover and/or Chase Freedom was giving 5% back on warehouse club purchases. One of them (I think Chase) slipped it into the last quarter of 2016 too, so we'll see if they do it again this year. (although that may have been in response to Citi getting into Costco, so they wanted some of the action)

I have that BJs book home I was going to try this weekend and see if it applies.

If you don't want to get a Target Red card BJ's whole sale club on line has $100 disney gift cards for $94.99 with free shipping. You don't have to be a member to purchase! www.bjs.com

I think Sam's Club was $150.00 for $142.98.. and $500.00 for $479.98!! :mickeyjum

Regarding Disney Gift Cards.
Due to vision concerns I gave up driving. Target is 40 mile round trip so getting to the store would be a challenge.
Loved learning about purchasing Disney Gift Cards via BJ online.
I just looked at BJ site and the $100 Disney Gift Cards ($94.99 = .05 or 5% discount) are "out of stock". Waaa. $50 cards ($47.99 = .04 or 4% discount) in stock. 3 pack of $50 ($147.99 = .013% discount) in stock. In my mind the discount should increase not decrease.
I want 5% off!
I'll keep checking BJ site every few days but if the 5% discounted $100 cards are no longer available I'll get a Target card and order online.
Keep the tips coming.

Not sure if this is on there, too many pages....

Buy the ice cooler bag. Do it the first day. At breakfast you can ask them to fill it with ice every day before leaving the ship at a port or castaway cay. Also, if you drive to port, pack all the drinks for the trip home too, leave them in the trunk. Have your CM fill the bag with ice before disembarking and you have ice cooler for drinks for trip home.

Btw, those bags are awesome and do not leak.

---

The chicken sandwiches available at cookies on castaway cay are also available in the flo's section on pool deck.

---

If you do second seating, you can sign your kids up for quicker service and a kids club CM will pick up your kid from dinner and you can enjoy dinner with your spouse alone. You eat your appetizer while kid has their meal, kids get desert and you get adult time.

Regarding Disney Gift Cards.
Due to vision concerns I gave up driving. Target is 40 mile round trip so getting to the store would be a challenge.
Loved learning about purchasing Disney Gift Cards via BJ online.
I just looked at BJ site and the $100 Disney Gift Cards ($94.99 = .05 or 5% discount) are "out of stock". Waaa. $50 cards ($47.99 = .04 or 4% discount) in stock. 3 pack of $50 ($147.99 = .013% discount) in stock. In my mind the discount should increase not decrease.
I want 5% off!
I'll keep checking BJ site every few days but if the 5% discounted $100 cards are no longer available I'll get a Target card and order online.
Keep the tips coming.

So, if you have Giant Eagle where you live... you can get fuel perks ($0.10 off gas for every 50) and often they double it around holidays, so it's $0.20 off per gallon per $50.

So we bought all $4000 at double rates and got $16.00 off per gallon, max 30 per fill up.

At $2.00 a gallon that's 240 gallons of free gas, or $480 off of $4000.

Sure it's not actual cash, but you were going to buy gas anyhow, so it basically is.

Also, you can buy them using a credit card, mine gets 2% cash back at that store, so that's another $80

Btw, if you plan to spend while on ship, duh, you can take gift cards to guest services and have them put on your account.

If you're the kind of person who tends not to wake up in the morning (sleep through alarm)... book a room on the back of the ship. When they pull into port the vibration from the thrusters will wake you up when they are positioning the ship in port.

Don't like dealing with people at other tables at cabanas in the morning? No problem, you're allowed to grab a plate full of food and take it to your room.

You can also get a glass of wine or mixed drink and drink it on your balcony. My wife highly recommends ordering the cheese plate from room service while you drink your wine.

Duh. Just realized I get more value buying gift cards from BJ even if only 4% discount for $50 Disney Gift Card - because I can use a Visa with cashback to buy.
Buying from Target I need to use their debit or credit card for payment to get 5% discount.
Bought 2 $50 Disney Gift Cards from BJ just a few minutes ago and plan on buying many more. Hopefully the $100 cards will be back in stock soon. I've read it can take a long time for cards to arrive so after I've received my first order I'll plan accordingly. Will be using Disneygiftcard site to consolidate.

If you do second seating, you can sign your kids up for quicker service and a kids club CM will pick up your kid from dinner and you can enjoy dinner with your spouse alone. You eat your appetizer while kid has their meal, kids get desert and you get adult time.

Wow, this is awesome information!!!

Also, be aware, that the kid's club CMs won't actually come to your table to collect the kids. Many times they just make an appearance at the door to the dining room.

Yup, and it's always good if you can take your kids up to the CM and make sure they get 'checked in', purely so they know that you know that your kids are going and haven't just disappeared. Sometimes making eye contact with parents or a quick wave across a crowded restaurant isn't that practical, especially when most CM don't know who they're looking for lol.

The coupon is for in club only. I had to delete my shopping cart after I read the small print.
I think the BJ's coupon expires 8/31.. I went today and bought two $50 Disney Gift Cards and other merchandise. I used
the $10 off coupon along with a few other mfg coupons on other stuff to reduce my costs. Considered the $10 off
against my gift cards which I also got % off and also used my credit card which also gives 2% rebate (JB MC).

So- buying Disney gift cards at Target and getting the 5% discount by using their Red Card.... Can I accumulate a bunch of cards and use them to pay for my cruise, or am I just able to use them on board for expenses? Also, to use them on Port Adventures... how do I do that?

So- buying Disney gift cards at Target and getting the 5% discount by using their Red Card.... Can I accumulate a bunch of cards and use them to pay for my cruise, or am I just able to use them on board for expenses? Also, to use them on Port Adventures... how do I do that?
You can use them to pay for the cruise. The option for gift cards is on the website. You can also apply gift cards to your onboard account. Excursions are charged to your onboard account.

Last edited:
My BJ coupon $10 off expires 9/6/17
Different areas I suppose have different coupons so best to check.

You can use them to pay for the cruise. The option for gift cards is on the website. You can also apply gift cards to your onboard account. Excursions are charged to your onboard account.
Hi - How do you use the gift cards for your onboard account? How much do they need for my account? And if I don't use it all do I get it back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter