Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

Arrive at the terminal after 1:00, usually no line for check in or boarding the ship and your room is ready at 1:30 so you can go straight there, drop off any carry on items and then go have lunch.

Is Cabanas pretty much emptied out by then? We always get to the port early, and one of the biggest PITAs of embarkation day for us is finding a table at Cabanas for our family of six.

We took the Disney shuttle to the port so arrived around 1:30 or 2:00 I believe. Embarkation was very quick with little to no lines or waits. Cabanas was easy to find tables and hardly anyone at the buffet!

:offtopic: What is the breakfast like in the MDR's?
When we were on the Fantasy we thoroughly enjoyed breakfast at The Royal Court. The menu offered many great selections and the food was delicious. It was nice to go somewhere other than the buffet a couple of mornings. I remember some sort of yogurt drink thing that was amazing!!

We also enjoyed the buffet at The Enchanted Garden. I believe we ate about 75% of our breakfasts in the MDRs on that cruise.

Quick service is also available when you board the ship and there's usually lots of free tables by the pools.

In good weather, upon boarding, you can head up to the pool area, enjoy the quick service foods and then go for a dip!

Also - one other thing DCL doesn't really highlight is that the Aqua Lab (at least on the Fantasy) is wheelchair accessible. There is a ramp up on the starboard side and no blockages. Just make sure you have a "regular" wheelchair and not an electric one!

Also - one other thing DCL doesn't really highlight is that the Aqua Lab (at least on the Fantasy) is wheelchair accessible. There is a ramp up on the starboard side and no blockages. Just make sure you have a "regular" wheelchair and not an electric one!

DCL also doesn't really highlight how uncomfortably cold that Aqua Lab water is. ;)

It was kind of a disappointment for the kids. The area is a lot of fun, but the cold water was a deal-breaker for them. And we were sailing in early June, so it wasn't like it was a chilly time of year up on deck.

So my tip would be to check the temperature beforehand, so you don't oversell it to the kids.

One cruise secret for me was that if you take the atrium elevators with the glass window into the atrium you will also see interesting things when you go through the floors above the atrium. A great reason for taking the midship elevators at least once, preferably at a non crowded time.

Is Cabanas pretty much emptied out by then? We always get to the port early, and one of the biggest PITAs of embarkation day for us is finding a table at Cabanas for our family of six.

We've done that for our last 3 cruises and never had any problems finding a seat or getting to the food. Our last cruise (last week) we were literally the only people sitting out on the deck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter