Cruise/flight dilemma

cforsythe

Mouseketeer
I have a slight dilemma... A few months ago I booked a very cheap flight with Delta airlines. I booked the return flight at 10:35am. The last time we cruised, we were back at the airport at 8:45am and we could not even check our luggage because our flight was not until 2:35pm. Now everyone (travel agent and Disney) is telling me that I cannot get WDW transfers back to the airport. Does anyone have other suggestions? :confused:

I had considered a towncar service, but I thought the cruise bus would be quicker.

Nothings is quicker than the towncar. They will meet you at 8am and have you to the aiport by 9am.

That is what i would do....

I'm confused about your not being able to get transfers from the port back to MCO. You can even purchase those from Guest Services on the ships ($25 each, one way).

However....... the bus may not be quicker. Since they wait for the bus to be full before they leave, you could end up waiting a little while. I think the towncar would be quicker.

Yes .. why cant u get the Return portion on the Ship We have in the past... Allthough we would for this Case go with town car..

we use www.tiffanytowncar.com

get the town car. tiffany, FLTOURS - they sponsor these boards, I think Happy Limo has a coupon on their site or on the cast away club site. Definitely the way to go.

Did you mean DCL transfers back to the airport, not WDW transfers??? That part was a bit confusing.

I agree with the others...if times is of the essence, do a town car.

But you can most certainly purchase one-way transers on the ship to get back to MCO or WDW after the cruise. WE have done it and they cost $25.00

MJ

I do mean from the ship back to mco and WDW said they would not transfer me because they could not guarantee me making the flight. I spoke with the manager and she called my travel agent and they both agreed that we should take a taxi. I hate to go by taxi when we just go off the cruise. I have decided to take a towncar. That seems to be the best option. Thanks everyone for the information.

Anybody else have this problem --

I emailed both Tiffany Town Cars and Happy Limo for
a quote to use them in August. Neither one of them has
responded! Kind of makes me not want to use them if
they don't consider customer relations important.

Originally posted by invaderzim
Anybody else have this problem --

I emailed both Tiffany Town Cars and Happy Limo for
a quote to use them in August. Neither one of them has
responded! Kind of makes me not want to use them if
they don't consider customer relations important.

Do you have some sort of "spam" filter for your e-mail? Other DIS'ers occasionally have been waiting for something (i.e. a quote from DU, and it gets uncermimoniously dumped in with the Junk-e-mail. Sorry I can't get more technical than that.

As one of the other previous posters mentioned- we had a great time with Andy from FL Tours - and would certainly use them again!

::yes:: Yes...I have had problems with both Tiffany and Happy getting back to me on quotes. I have e-mailed them twice now...the last one just about an hour ago...so I'll see if they respond this time.

However Absolute limo has responded with a quote and even got back to me reguarding some additional questions that I had. Then Quicksilver tour...I just e-mailed them today...and recieved a phone call a couple hours later...with a quote and ideas. He was very nice and had many ideas for me to choose from.

I would use a towncar. We have used Tiffany Towncar several times with no problems.

As for not receiving replies for emails, I have been corresponding back and forth with Tiffany Towncar through email and have had no problems. My quote was given within 24 hours and my questions were usually answered within 2 hours. I would definitely check those spam filters!

We used Happy Limo last feb to and from the airport
They were great!

Just to "update" this thread -- I just booked my whole package with Southern Elegance and am VERY impressed with their quick responses to my emails and their phone manners. Answered all my questions and concerns in great detail and their price can't be beat. We are getting the following:

MCO to Royal Pacific Resort - Town Car
RPR to Port Canaveral - Limo
Port Canaveral to MCO - Town Car

For three people and the whole thing is only costing us $275. The transfers would have cost us $150, and we finally get to ride in a limo. Of course, the transfers wouldn't have done us any good because we couldn't use them to get to Universal or from Universal to the port. And this way, we can call the shots on times of pick-up and departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter