Crowds week of June 4-10th

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
We are going to WL June 4th -10 th this year, Can't wait! I called today to check on rates for POP for next summer at the same time (June 4-10th) and the CM looked it up in the computer and accidentally looked up 2005 instead of 2006 and said POP was entirely booked for that week, she said it didn't even come up. I hope this isn't "tell tale" of the crowds we will encounter.
Lesley

Hi! We'll be there too from June 4th -14th. I'm hoping it won;t be t-o-o-o crowded. My DH says there are no uncrowded times..he's probably right!

we'll be tehre from 1-5, since its going to be RIDICULOUSLY hot, we're going to teh parks in the morning and the early evening...afternoon will be spent by the pool :3dglasses

We are going June 5-12. Based on the hours posted for MK I am assuming it is going to be crowded. But, i went this past Easter, the MK was open from 8am until midnight and we still got to do everything we wanted. The middle of the day was extremely crowded, so we left for our resort and came back in the evening. If you plan well, use FP wisely all will be well.

I am a school teacher so we always have to go in June and it is always busy. This year looks like the old crowds of pre 9/11 are back. When we went at Easter this year i had never seen it so crowded, but I had also never seen so many characters roaming, entertainment roaming around, etc. It really was exciting. The parks were buzzing, pulling out all of the stops to make sure everyone had a good time.

We're going June 2-10, it will be crazy crowded, but I it always is during summer. It's also gay week, so the crowds will be bigger in my opinion.

We will be there from July 2-10 CBR. In the unofficial guide to DW it shows the attendance ratings for each day of the year, all of the days we will be there are an 8 or 9 out of 10. Little scary, after my husband read this he now wants to go on some sort of commando style vacation. When I was reading his "touring plan" I saw that he hadn't even scheduled potty breaks for the 7 & 9 year olds. I really hope he realizes that even though the parks will be busy we still have 8 full days for the 4 parks. :cheer2:

I am making an unexpected trip for one day on June 12. I was able to book SoG and I was able to get a PS at Chrystal Palace for lunch and one for Liberty tree tavern for dinner. I was give multiple choices for the times I wanted. Sooo...I keep hearing how crowded it is going to be but I was able to book both PS and hotel just two weeks out. This seems like a mixed message. Any thoughts? :confused3

good point, I was actually able to switch hotels 2 weeks out AND got all ps reservations that I wanted on days/times I wanted.

We have gone every 2nd week in July since 1998. Yes, it hot! Yes, it's crowded! The best thing is you are in WDW! If you pace yourself, it's not all that bad. If it gets too hot and crowded, we will go back to the pool for a while, then back to the parks at night. They are open later that time of year.

Pretty much the entire month of June is sold out....only a few suites and expensive rooms left...all values/mods have been sold out for weeks...and the hours also are indicative of high crowds...

I too am getting worried about crowds- we usually go in august (value season), but decided last minute to switch to June 12-18th- had to split my stay between 2 resorts because of availability issues- how crowded is it in mid June?

Going also june 10-17. W went last year at the same time and it was hot and crowded but perfectly doable. This year with the extended hours and full capacity of hotels it looks like the celebration has really gone to work. I am a little nervous but thought ahead and booked extra days. We usuallly only go for 3-4 days as we live in Fla and go often but this time I booked a week. Hope everyone here has a great time!!!

i just made my ADRs yesterday and had no problem getting them for the entire stay. i'm going jun 8-14 and was offered mulitlpe time choices for all of them.

I didn't have my problem getting the PS or ADR's but getting a hotel room was very difficult....I tried for weeks to get 2 rooms at a moderate or value. Every now or then they would have 1 room but never 2...finally was able to get a DVC room on points...The hours are also a great indication of how my people are to be expected....

My guess is that it will be packed...but I'll still be there June 12 to June 18th... :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter