Crowds in May?

We are there almost the exact same time!

Pandora's opening is listed as SAT. the 27th - but we are still considering avoiding AK on that Friday. However, Friday is our last day too - and the most crowded - so hard to figure out what to do. AK and HS seems most logical but we are going to try to do those on the Sat and Sun when we first arrive the 20th and 21st. We have Universal Monday, MK Tues. ,Wed is interesting now that AK closes at 3:30 - thinking about EP maybe a beach day on Thursday - but I would like to do that earlier in the week - so hard to figure out!

We took advantage of the 4 day 1 park tickets that were on sale recently - so no hopping for us either.

Join me in praying for good weather! I am a bit worried about the heat and humidity because we are wimps being from Colorado.

That helps TREMENDOUSLY! Thank you! But you really think 5 year olds need that rest time, huh? I was wondering about that. Me personally I hate the thought of leaving the park. Hehehe. But I guess it's probably good for the little ones. I have a great plan laid out but it didn't include leaving the parks. Think I better revisit those plans!!!!

The only place my DD, now 13, will nap is WDW :). I would also not call it nap time but rest/cooling off time (we did low lights, perhaps a movie or book) usually 5 minutes in she was out. This is also the only way that we could do rope drop and late nights (which she has always loved).

With the heat and humidity of Florida even in May we always block out time - this style has helped us avoid the early evening meltdowns.

We will be there the same time as you and we can't wait.

Agree with other posters that AK will be the unknown this trip with all the build up to Pandora. We are hoping to happen upon a soft opening but if not there's a reason for another WDW trip (as if we needed a reason)

Last edited:
You may want to rethink your AK day, that day will be one of the worst for AK, ask others but that is the day Pandora opens at AK, it will be a mad house with lines very long, I will assume on everything but definately on pandora. That park will be more like a 10.

I would say your kids can do two or three no break days, especially at AK and HS. Mine never could still can't and they are in there 20's but we are usually up before 6, and walking 12 miles a day, in hot humid ( we are not use to humid) crowded places and standing in line 5 or 6 hours, if we don't take a break we are done by 4 pm and can't ever do the night stuff. But I know other kids who can, as a single mom I once went with a friend, I was up and out of room with 5 and 7 year old by 6, her kids slept in until 10 or 11, we took a nap, her kids went all day, we were back in the room by 9, her kids cam in around midnight, they were 4,6 and 10. So each persons kids are different. Good luck. Change that AK day, unless you have to see pandora.

Pandora actually opens on Saturday, the 27th (the day we leave) so we won't be at any parks that day. Our last day is Friday the 26th. Since that is the day before Pandora opens, I'm thinking a lot of people will wait until the next day when it opens to go to AK. Hopefully I'm not wrong in thinking this way.

And with the kiddos, I really think I'm going to plan fast passes around not leaving the park but if they do get cranky and we leave, hopefully there will be at least some fast passes for some things left in the evening! I most definitely will let their bodies and minds determine how much they can handle!!! Thanks so much!pixiedust:
I went that week 2 years ago, it wasn't bad.

That's what I like to hear! Lol. Thanks so much:dogdance:

We are there almost the exact same time!

Pandora's opening is listed as SAT. the 27th - but we are still considering avoiding AK on that Friday. However, Friday is our last day too - and the most crowded - so hard to figure out what to do. AK and HS seems most logical but we are going to try to do those on the Sat and Sun when we first arrive the 20th and 21st. We have Universal Monday, MK Tues. ,Wed is interesting now that AK closes at 3:30 - thinking about EP maybe a beach day on Thursday - but I would like to do that earlier in the week - so hard to figure out!

We took advantage of the 4 day 1 park tickets that were on sale recently - so no hopping for us either.

Join me in praying for good weather! I am a bit worried about the heat and humidity because we are wimps being from Colorado.

Just double checked - Pandora is the day we leave so I think we're good there. I really don't see it being overly crowded the day before just because I feel like people will choose that park the next day. We're not doing parks on the Saturday we arrive since we don't get in til after lunch. Didn't want to waste the money on half a day. Instead we've decided to go fishing at Port Orleans - my grandson loves loves fishing - and then maybe resort hopping so the kiddos can see different stuff at other resorts (like Sea Raycers!!!). Hopefully traveling via boat, monorail, etc. I'm thinking it'll be fun!

I just think hopping with little ones might be more difficult than staying at one place. But now when I go again with the grown ups - - different story. Just let them try to keep up with ME! Lol.

Here's to great weather - even though humidity doesn't really bp
The only place my DD, now 13, will nap is WDW :). I would also not call it nap time but rest/cooling off time (we did low lights, perhaps a movie or book) usually 5 minutes in she was out. This is also the only way that we could do rope drop and late nights (which she has always loved).

With the heat and humidity of Florida even in May we always block out time - this style has helped us avoid the early evening meltdowns.

We will be there the same time as you and we can't wait.

Agree with other posters that AK will be the unknown this trip with all the build up to Pandora. We are hoping to happen upon a soft opening but if not there's a reason for another WDW trip (as if we needed a reason)

I'm so torn on the "down time." Part of me says yes, part says just go with the flow - which would be fine if I wasn't scheduling and rescheduling and rescheduling again fast passes! Lol it's driving me crazy. :crazy: :crazy:And yes, AK is the unknown park in all of this due to Pandora.

Maybe we should wear pins with our DisBoards names on them in case we see each other :tongue:

And just like you I am sooooo excited!!!!!! Here's to great times at the Most Magical Place on Earth!:mickeybar

Looks like several on this thread will be there about that time...

If it helps, we rope drop and then I book FP+ for 10, 11 and 12 we use the first whenever is convenient; the second toward the end of the window and the third at the beginning and then pull another FP+ for later that evening. If you were to do this, you wouldn't have to keep rescheduling FP+ and if you did take a rest great and if not you can start on your 4th FP+ at 12:05 :smickey: See ya real soon!

Looks like several on this thread will be there about that time...

If it helps, we rope drop and then I book FP+ for 10, 11 and 12 we use the first whenever is convenient; the second toward the end of the window and the third at the beginning and then pull another FP+ for later that evening. If you were to do this, you wouldn't have to keep rescheduling FP+ and if you did take a rest great and if not you can start on your 4th FP+ at 12:05 :smickey: See ya real soon!

Yaaay! I saw quite a few posters too that are gonna be there at the same time! And yeah my fast passes look a lot like that! I feel like a weight has been lifted with all of these great insights and tips.

See ya real soon too (although I wish it were tomorrow - lol!):yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter