Crowd levels right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got home. It was crazy crowded but we were able to get lots of fast passes, we rode FOP 3 times with no more than a 20 min wait. Yesterday, magic kingdom was the worst I’ve ever seen it but we rode space twice, btmrr, pp, haunted mansion. People mover, dumbo, 7dmt, ariel, laugh floor, poc, and carousel of progress, and iasw all before 3pm.
Was this with Fp or rope drop?

You picked the right park. MK was packed, absolutely brutal. However Epcot last night was very manageable.

Touring plans predicted MK as a 9 yesterday but was actually a 5. It was 10/10 on 2 of my MK days last week and I can't imagine a 5 feeling brutal... In comparison, Epcot was also a 5 yesterday, according to TP.

We have been to WDW every year since 2010. We started going mid December and I thought wow we have found the best time to go with the lowest crowds. That changed the year they opened the New Fantasyland. All the sudden there were people everywhere. We have since been in October, November, Spring Break, Christmas Eve and the week before Christmas. The crowds get worse every year and imo it is just going to get worse. I see different posts all the time about the crowds and people say it is for this reason or that reason and I think unfortunately the crowds are here to stay. I don’t get it because the prices keep getting higher and you keep getting less but my family continues to go every year so what do you do??

Was this with Fp or rope drop?

Both, but we didn’t ride much without a FP. Space first, Haunted Mansion, POC was it at RD. It was good as far as waits, but the crowds were tough to walk through and lines for food were pretty long.

This doesn't make any sense. AK was set to open at 9am this morning. They opened 2 hours early?

And I agree with PP that the CM could get in big trouble for this. Maybe it was a misunderstanding?

I was at AK on Tuesday... the let us in at 8:15 and let us go into Pandora before 8:30. We were off of FOP at 9:00 and the wait was 230 minutes at official park open.

I was at AK on Tuesday... the let us in at 8:15 and let us go into Pandora before 8:30. We were off of FOP at 9:00 and the wait was 230 minutes at official park open.

And that’s pretty early even as the norm. I was shocked by the 7am part.

The magic kingdom was so good then the fireworks came and it was a mad house...then it poured after.

Between Epcot and magic kingdom I did so much today I got my Disney fix in for awhile.

Low crowds except the fireworks today they came from no where

It was my 33 birthday (I’m old now) and this is my last trip before i take the baby.

We did:

Epcot:
Spaceship earth
Nemo and friends
Soaring
Living with the land
Coral Reef (which was actually damn good)
Grand Fiesta Tour
Frozen
Soaring again
Test Track

Magic kingdom:
Sleepy Hallow (split a chicken waffle and ice cream churro)
Pirates of he Caribbean
Buzz light year
Mickeys Philarmagic
Haunted mansion
Cosmic Rays (split a rotisserie chicken. Meh)
Firework show
People mover
Carousel of Progress
Buzz Lightyear again
Big thunder mountain

Excellent day...totally awesome. Again crowded during fireworks otherwise manageable.

Last edited:
Crowds? Let me tell you about crowds lol. We did Christmas week this past December and it was packed! But we had the best trip ever. For some strange reason, we love the crowds! All 4 of us! We were at Disney 3 days before and the week after Irma (see link in signature) and it was empty. Completely empty but .... we had a better time when it was crowded. I know, I bumped my head. Anyway, we have a trip booked for this month, April 20th - 28th. It's our very first Spring Break trip and I have a feeling it wont be as crowded as most spring break crowds. For some strange reason, our school district has our spring break really late. After the kids return they will go back to school for a whopping 18 days then it's summer break. really! I have no idea who did the calendar but they really need their head examined. OP, I wouldn't worry about the crowds so much because if you have your FP+, ADR's and a good touring plan you will be fine.

Here's something to help your stress lol :) Christmas week 2018. Dec. 27th to be exact in frontier land MK.
View attachment 392784
This isn’t far off from what we experienced at MK last week.

To the OP-It will be crowded. You have to go in expecting that-it truly helps prepare expectations and minimize disappointment. You have an advantage though. If you’re on disboards you’ve obviously researched and know the ins and outs of FP+. With FP+, refreshing and going in with a plan, you’ll be fine. The FP lines were longer than we’ve ever seen, the walkways at many times were shoulder to shoulder and hard to navigate last week, but we still had a great time. Get your 3 FP scheduled early in the day so you can keep getting new ones. I was able to snag many FP this way (even including Test Track, Frozen Ever After, Splash, etc.) My H and I both have significant anxiety and my son has special needs (which include sensory issues in lines). Despite the crowds we still made the most of it and had a great vacation overall.

According to touring plans the week of the 1st-5th, which is our entire metro areas spring break, was actually much lighter than they expected. The predicted a lot of 8-9s at MK and most days were 5s, with even at 3 on Friday. Anyone there this last week to verify?

According to touring plans the week of the 1st-5th, which is our entire metro areas spring break, was actually much lighter than they expected. The predicted a lot of 8-9s at MK and most days were 5s, with even at 3 on Friday. Anyone there this last week to verify?

I was there this week and agree that it wasn’t as bad as 8 or 9s, but don’t agree that Friday at MK was as low as a 3. I’d say it was somewhere between. Lines were still pretty long, but not as long as I was expecting based on crowd predictions. Walkways were still quite crowded.

We have been to WDW every year since 2010. We started going mid December and I thought wow we have found the best time to go with the lowest crowds. That changed the year they opened the New Fantasyland. All the sudden there were people everywhere. We have since been in October, November, Spring Break, Christmas Eve and the week before Christmas. The crowds get worse every year and imo it is just going to get worse. I see different posts all the time about the crowds and people say it is for this reason or that reason and I think unfortunately the crowds are here to stay. I don’t get it because the prices keep getting higher and you keep getting less but my family continues to go every year so what do you do??

If by November you mean Thanksgiving, those are literally the five most crowded times to go.

I suggest you try to go in late April, early May, late August or most of September, November before or right after Thanksgiving, or the winter staying clear of events and holidays. (I know those times are not always a choice for people with certain jobs or with kids in school.)

Unfortunately the week before and after Easter tend to be very crowded as those are very common Spring Break weeks for people. But look for tips on enjoying your tip during busy times and do what's best for your family. Make sure your expectations going in are realistic. Don't expect to hit every attraction. Expect waits. Be willing to just stop and sit if you find a quiet corner anywhere and take a breather. :) I think if you go in with the attitude that it's going to be busy, but we can still do this and fun, you'll be ahead of the game. :)

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

we also come in on the 11th and can't wait! Yipeeeeee! Have some fastpasses ready, but will just go with the flow.

We're arriving the same day as you! And I'm totally going with the same vibe. Go with the flow and enjoy - you're at Disney!

Have a great trip everyone heading out next week! FIVE DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

I was there 1-3rd and it seemed worse than that to me, compared to previous trips. Manageable, but not that low.

We arrive on 4/11 for 8 days...how are the crowd levels right now? I have our FPs for each day we are visiting the parks, but my anxiety is really high worrying about the crowds!
Please help calm me down...thanks
If you have FP it doesn't matter. If crowds really bother you DW might not be the place to go. We were there a few weeks ago and the place was full of kids from South America. Now we have that crows plus the Spring Breakers from the US. In summer its the US kids that are on vacation. There is no good time to avoid crowds at Disney. We arrive tomorrow for three days. I have FP tomorrow night, Thur and Friday so i’m not worried about crowds. Living an hour away makes it a bit easier to go to dW bit there are always crowds

My daughter and her two sons are down there now, parks are very crowded
She was at Animal Kingdom at 8:59 am and the line for Avatar Flight of Passage was already two hours long!
A cast member told here there were so many people from off site in line at 7 am they opened at 7 am to avoid s big BKSCK FRIDAY LIKE STAMPEDE!!! The cast member mentioned that he/ she was not happy with what Disney is doing either!!!
But...what time do the parking lots open????
Last time I rode the FOP the standby line was 235 minutes posted. Likely longer. We had FP and waited maybe 10 minutes

As the Great Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" :)

Of course staffing cutbacks also increases wait times. Headed there Saturday. I dont mind the crowds or waits...of course I'm talking about Trader Sam's, The Pub in England, Raglan Road...my three favorite rides.:drinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter